more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am gonna leave this here for red pill to have a gander

There is 'probably' an unwritten story there, being covid and how um, not off the shelf supplements aren't a good combination. The vaccine and those type of supplements aren't a good mix either, if you look at how many roided out people took the vax and had bad reactions (this was common in high level BJJ where there were already a lot of anti vax crack pots). Lesson as always is stay of the juice.

If you really want to look at high level athletes, look at European football. After every international break a bunch of guys come back to their clubs positive with covid and two weeks later are playing with no side effects. The hospitalisation rates and death rates for very healthy people are so minuscule that to be worried about covid is laughable. But for over a year now it's been all about vaccination with absolutely zero mention from the government or health authorities of also trying to live a much healthier life which is not just good for covid, it's good period. Zero. This is making me sound like a Joe Rogan tirade but anyway unlike Joe, I'm vaccinated but also spent my time over the last, well it's almost 2 years now, getting in probably the best shape of my life and I'm in my 40's and was already very fit. How many people did that as opposed to getting in worse shape and outsourcing their immune defence solely to a vaccine?

But really my point is that I don't really get what the outrage is about. 92% of adults in NSW are fully vaccinated. If you've had a vax and believe in the science then your chances of getting seriously ill are tiny. If you didn't you've gambled and really, the odds are still pretty good that you end up totally fine. But say we hit 100%, you'd probably see people pivot their outrage to people that haven't had their boosters. Where does it all end?

As for Donny, what happens when we hit the 15th of whatever it is and all restrictions are lifted? Donny just needs to lay low for two weeks and the NSW government at least gives him a pass anyway.

There is 'probably' an unwritten story there, being covid and how um, not off the shelf supplements aren't a good combination. The vaccine and those type of supplements aren't a good mix either, if you look at how many roided out people took the vax and had bad reactions (this was common in high level BJJ where there were already a lot of anti vax crack pots). Lesson as always is stay of the juice.

If you really want to look at high level athletes, look at European football. After every international break a bunch of guys come back to their clubs positive with covid and two weeks later are playing with no side effects. The hospitalisation rates and death rates for very healthy people are so minuscule that to be worried about covid is laughable. But for over a year now it's been all about vaccination with absolutely zero mention from the government or health authorities of also trying to live a much healthier life which is not just good for covid, it's good period. Zero. This is making me sound like a Joe Rogan tirade but anyway unlike Joe, I'm vaccinated but also spent my time over the last, well it's almost 2 years now, getting in probably the best shape of my life and I'm in my 40's and was already very fit. How many people did that as opposed to getting in worse shape and outsourcing their immune defence solely to a vaccine?

But really my point is that I don't really get what the outrage is about. 92% of adults in NSW are fully vaccinated. If you've had a vax and believe in the science then your chances of getting seriously ill are tiny. If you didn't you've gambled and really, the odds are still pretty good that you end up totally fine. But say we hit 100%, you'd probably see people pivot their outrage to people that haven't had their boosters. Where does it all end?

As for Donny, what happens when we hit the 15th of whatever it is and all restrictions are lifted? Donny just needs to lay low for two weeks and the NSW government at least gives him a pass anyway.
The lack of messaging about personal health and immune system is improving is unbelievable non existent.

Pretty sure there’s a CoVid thread for such a diatribe. Can we stick to the Singe situation?

The lack of messaging about personal health and immune system is improving is unbelievable non existent.
There are very basic things that anyone with access to a supermarket can do to improve their immune system. Every little bit helps, but messaging around tha? Nada. Maybe Blackmores should hire Pfizers head of marketing.

I don't follow the logic of your point. I am not presenting any argument, nor am I advocating not being vaccinated. I am only pointing to stats showing that the overall rate of death for the virus is low & the overwhelming majority of deaths have pre-existing conditions.

Pre-covid, I was spending most of my time in Asia. If all goes according to plan, I will be in India early in the new year. I certainly wouldn't go there unvaccinated :)
Pre-COVID I was spending a lot of time in Thailand, I have a girl(well old woman), there and haven't seen her since mid 2019 ... I have been vaccinated and had a booster .... but I won't be going back there until Thailand get properly serious about protection and true in stating the numbers of deaths .... many people dying at home not counted as COVID deaths ... my gf works 2 days/week volunteering in a local clinic ...I worry about her ... she was only recently given her first dose

His position is untenable due to the nazi BS and totally unacceptable I have to admit, I haven’t seen what he has written. I will take all of your words on this.

What IS concerning is this underlying Vax vs Anti-Vax element of discussion and chest beating that is taking place. Yes it is up to each person what they decided to do and just the same, it is required or a condition of our teams employment that you adhere to the NRL’s covid guidelines. I have noticed “moderator edits” above and comments from the rag “The Guardian” which is borderline conspiracy central!

Sadly, I feel we are losing our humanity and we all need to find it quickly.
Ok here is another 'reputable' source

Presumably you subscribe? What’s it say?
Hi Budgewoi Eagle,

Sorry the link isn’t working for you, the article won’t copy properly for me but the headline is,

Manly Sea Eagles trainer Don Singe given time off to resolve Covid-19 vaccination concerns​

Looks like Donnie will be on a little holiday until he either gets the vax or there’s another outcome; no telling what that’ll be.

But really my point is that I don't really get what the outrage is about.
It is alleged that Manly has allowed Donny to ignore Covid requirements while working with our players. Also Manly has allowed him into a facility restricted to vaccinated people despite him being unvaccinated. Also he's been publically posting anti-vax messages. Including comparing Covid measures to Nazi Germany. That's about it.

Of course but do we really need to compare the rare instances of vaccine reaction versus death without it?
We probably should be sticking to footy Isz, as there are heaps of these stories both ways, so who wants to go tit for tat swapping deaths either way....now where were we, that's right Donny has not followed guidelines set clearly by the NRL and opened doors that pose some serious issues to Manly.
Personally feel we are overlooking the bigger issue is how Manly as a club, have obviously not made it clear enough to staff that this is a serious breach....fact being Don should have been pointed away from training immediately and this story should never have had the opportunity to be front page news
The debate about Don being right or wrong in his personal beliefs, is not a Silvertails story imo.

Last edited:
Pre-COVID I was spending a lot of time in Thailand, I have a girl(well old woman), there and haven't seen her since mid 2019 ... I have been vaccinated and had a booster .... but I won't be going back there until Thailand get properly serious about protection and true in stating the numbers of deaths
When I was last in Bangkok at the end of March 2020, some covid restrictions were in place. Thailand has elements of being a regimented culture, so people are used to following rules. Thus, from what I witnessed, everyone was adhering to protocols - it was no problem for people to wear masks, social distance etc. Conditions allowing, I will be in Bangkok in a couple of months. I am not worried about being there, but will take all precautions to stay safe. I have researched all the information re travelling to & entering Thailand. If you are interested, pm me & I will send it to you.

Presumably you subscribe? What’s it say?

"ge is awesome"

Manly Sea Eagles trainer Don Singe given time off to resolve Covid-19 vaccination concerns

The Sea Eagles have made a call on the immediate future of their head of high performance after he was spotted working unvaccinated and unmasked at training.

Manly have given veteran trainer Don Singe time off to resolve his concerns around vaccination.

News Corp revealed on Wednesday that Singe — the Sea Eagles’ head of high performance — was yet to receive the Covid-19 vaccine.

Photographs from the club’s North Narrabeen training headquarters on Tuesday showed Singe unmasked while in charge of a two-hour training session.

Singe had a white mask around his wrist but was not wearing it.

It is understood the club is extremely respectful and supportive of Singe’s personal circumstances, but are encouraging him to get the jab.

With that in mind, the club has given Singe some time off to resolve the issue.

It is understood players are at ease with both the club’s and Singe’s position, having raised no concerns in talks with club officials on Wednesday morning.

Singe’s future at Manly may hinge on his decision in the coming days.

As it stands, he will be unable to attend games next season or potentially travel interstate given the restrictions that are currently in place.

We probably should be sticking to footy Is, as there are heaps of these stories both ways so who wants to go tit for tat swapping deaths either way....now where were we, that's right Donny has not followed guidelines set clearly by the NRL and opened doors that pose some serious issues to Manly.
Personally feel we are overlooking the bigger issue is how Manly as a club, have obviously not made it clear enough to staff that this is a serious breach....fact being Don should have been pointed away from training immediately and this story should never have had the opportunity to be front page news
The debate about Don being right or wrong in his personal beliefs, is not a Silvertails story imo.
It is...for the general forum not here!

It is a lack of governance from the club which is alarming

Am I ri
It is...for the general forum not here!

It is a lack of governance from the club which is alarming
Am I right in saying that at this stage Singe is and always was allowed to train them providing he sticks to certain rules and restrictions including wearing a mask. If he just had his mask on then there would be no issue? I do agree however that Manky has clearly dropped the ball when it comes to enforcing these rules.

Am I ri

Am I right in saying that at this stage Singe is and always was allowed to train them providing he sticks to certain rules and restrictions including wearing a mask. If he just had his mask on then there would be no issue? I do agree however that Manky has clearly dropped the ball when it comes to enforcing these rules.
Until 15 December the NSW Public Health Order says unvaccinated workers must work from home unless not reasonably practicable. Is it reasonably practicable to lead training online? Plenty of personal trainers did this. So hard to argue it is not reasonably practicable.

Indoor and outdoor worksites can’t let unvaccinated people onsite. Don could argue a grey area that he is exercising outdoors, but I doubt this would stack up. He is on a worksite and will interact with other employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8