more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is alleged that Manly has allowed Donny to ignore Covid requirements while working with our players. Also Manly has allowed him into a facility restricted to vaccinated people despite him being unvaccinated. Also he's been publically posting anti-vax messages. Including comparing Covid measures to Nazi Germany. That's about it.
Publicly posting anti vax messages is whatever. The Nazi stuff is dumb/idiotic at best. The rest seems like more of a club problem than Don. I don’t personally care either way about Don Singe I’m just wholly against this SACK HIM cancel culture of anyone goes against the vax narrative.

Don can be a goose but he's an exceptional trainer and a key part of Hasler's coaching team. So, given how well we went under Dan Ferris is everyone happy to cut Donny knowing that he could be the difference between winning the premiership and missing the 8?

Don can be a goose but he's an exceptional trainer and a key part of Hasler's coaching team. So, given how well we went under Dan Ferris is everyone happy to cut Donny knowing that he could be the difference between winning the premiership and missing the 8?
Yes!!! He could also be a reason the coaching staff & players contract Covid unexpectedly & our season goes up $hit creek completely! There are rules & regulations in place for players & coaching staff no matter who they are or how good they are. Singe is no different to anyone else with the same antivax views who have to abide by their employment terms & get the jab if they want to work. If he refuses to get the jab then the club has no choice but to find a replacement. I’m sure there are trainers out there just as good as Singe…..his body his choice. Manly has to make a decision in the best interests of the club not the individual. It’s their club, their choice to terminate his employment. Tough $hit if he doesn’t like it…he can’t have it both ways. If it’s good for one it’s good for the other!

Last edited:
Publicly posting anti vax messages is whatever. The Nazi stuff is dumb/idiotic at best. The rest seems like more of a club problem than Don. I don’t personally care either way about Don Singe I’m just wholly against this SACK HIM cancel culture of anyone goes against the vax narrative.

I'm torn on this tbh.

If Donny doesn't want to get the jab, great, but he gets to keep his job as a high performance guy at Manly., then why should some 17 year old checkout chick get the arse because she doesn't want the jab either.

Yes!!! He could also be a reason the coaching staff & players contract Covid unexpectedly & our season goes up $hit creek completely! There are rules & regulations in place for players & coaching staff no matter who they are or how good they are. Singe is no different to anyone else with the same antivax views who have to abide by their employment terms & get the jab if they want to work. If he refuses to get the jab then the club has no choice but to find a replacement. I’m sure there are trainers out there just as good as Singe…..his body his choice. Manly has to make a decision in the best interests of the club not the individual. It’s their club, their choice to terminate his employment. Tough $hit if he doesn’t like it…he can’t have it both ways. If it’s good for one it’s good for the other!
The only thing I'd argue against there is your claim that there are plenty of good trainers available. Remember that a big part of Donny's value is his relationship with Des. He was certainly one of the first people recruited when Des came back to Brookie.

Unless Donny has changed a lot over the past few years I don't see him backing down. If he refuses to have the jab the club may be forced to sack him.

Once again I ask the question: if you have the choice of winning the premiership with an unvaccinated head trainer or loosing it with a fully vaccinated head trainer which way would you jump?

Personally I wouldn't want to win a premiership by cheating. I'd be disgusted if it turned out we'd won by abusing drugs or by other deliberate cheating. I'm not sure I'm willing to give up a title because Donny's got a few bats loose in the wheel house. Even if he does run the risk of spreading Covid to the playing group, just like all those fully vaccinated players and support people out there who can still contract and pass on the disease.

The only thing I'd argue against there is your claim that there are plenty of good trainers available. Remember that a big part of Donny's value is his relationship with Des. He was certainly one of the first people recruited when Des came back to Brookie.

Unless Donny has changed a lot over the past few years I don't see him backing down. If he refuses to have the jab the club may be forced to sack him.

Once again I ask the question: if you have the choice of winning the premiership with an unvaccinated head trainer or loosing it with a fully vaccinated head trainer which way would you jump?

Personally I wouldn't want to win a premiership by cheating. I'd be disgusted if it turned out we'd won by abusing drugs or by other deliberate cheating. I'm not sure I'm willing to give up a title because Donny's got a few bats loose in the wheel house. Even if he does run the risk of spreading Covid to the playing group, just like all those fully vaccinated players and support people out there who can still contract and pass on the disease.
If we can’t win the title without Singe then Houston we have a problem…..The players win the titles not ‘one’ trainer. Also the chances of contracting Covid from an unvaccinated person is much higher than that from a vaccinated person. Anyway the club doesn’t need the distraction of having to deal with a trainer who refuses to be vaxxed!

just wholly against this SACK HIM cancel culture of anyone goes against the vax narrative.
Using a pejorative term like ‘cancel culture’ is flaming - an indirect attack - according to ST Terms and rules, so please don’t.
It doesn’t add anything to the discussion either by explanation or example.

No ****ing idea really !!

Ive visited the death camps in Poland and I cannot tell you what that experience was like. I’m a grown man, and a male but I can tell you I was crying at certain parts of the visits.

The most sobering experience of my life.
My comments in relation to ww2 Germany were related to the mentality of scapegoating and creating division between people.. Am I saying that this scapegoating and division will lead to what happened in WW2 Germany. NO bloody way., but I am saying it is imo taking us backwards.
Btw, I hope you get well soon.

If we can’t win the title without Singe then Houston we have a problem…..The players win the titles not ‘one’ trainer. Also the chances of contracting Covid from an unvaccinated person is much higher than that from a vaccinated person. Anyway the club doesn’t need the distraction of having to deal with a trainer who refuses to be vaxxed!
I think we can certainly agree on that last point. I must admit that I'm biased. I like Donny and I probably wouldn't go in to bat as hard for someone else. Do you remember when there were allegations in the press that the Sharks and the Sea Eagles were both, systematically, abusing steroids and other illegal substances. Don took personal responsibility and stated unreservedly that he was in charge of the supplement program and no Sea Eagles player had received any illegal supplement. Right then I knew we were in the clear. Donny has always been a man who values integrity above riches.

I think we can certainly agree on that last point. I must admit that I'm biased. I like Donny and I probably wouldn't go in to bat as hard for someone else. Do you remember when there were allegations in the press that the Sharks and the Sea Eagles were both, systematically, abusing steroids and other illegal substances. Don took personal responsibility and stated unreservedly that he was in charge of the supplement program and no Sea Eagles player had received any illegal supplement. Right then I knew we were in the clear. Donny has always been a man who values integrity above riches.
Mate I like Donny as much as you & I agree with what you say…..my point is no one person is indispensable if detrimental to the club. I hope he gets vaccinated coz it will be a problem for the club next year. We don’t need this distraction after such a successful season.

Well given your earlier comment (below) on the subject, at least we all know what your priorities are
I don't care about Covid deaths. The disease simply doesn't kill enough people to have a significant impact on society and the people who it does kill are largely evolutionarily and economically unimportant.

My comments in relation to ww2 Germany were related to the mentality of scapegoating and creating division between people.. Am I saying that this scapegoating and division will lead to what happened in WW2 Germany. NO bloody way., but I am saying it is imo taking us backwards.
Btw, I hope you get well soon.
Thanks mate recovering well!!

I’m more understanding than most of the division this has caused and I hate much of that part of it.

I’ve got three good friends and one lovely ex employee on Facebook who are rabid anti vaxxers and I just have to turn a blind eye to the **** they post.

I get that it’s “ their body their choice “ but the analogy I make is just imagine being in London during the “ Battle of Britain “ when they asked people to turn their lights out so the Germans couldn’t see what they were bombing and if that was todays society you’d get a “ **** that it’s my house , my life , so if I want to have my lights on I ****ing will”.

SO, I get the government response BUT I also get the outrage , and that’s just the era we live in.

What I hate most is the state governments have created a “ them and us “ attitude.

The way I hear people up here talking about “ dirty southerners “ is a disgrace and I’ll call them out every time.

As much as “ Queensland hospitals are for Queenslanders “ ( our illustrious Premier), what a statement !!

I saw the "nazi" post.
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that while it showed people hailing (Hitler?) It was not pro NAZI, was not promoting far right anything but just making the point about being moral until the pressure is on which is more a statement about the German people than the NAZI party and was not saying covid mandates are NAZI ideology.

I'm not defending his stance on Vax just think there can be an auto response to anything that involves Hitler. And yes Hitler was horrible, no debate there.
Comparing Nazi Germany and their persecution and mass murder of various groups, in particular Jews, to current public health rules aimed at protecting our communities, is a common image pushed by anti-lockdown activists and it will not be permitted here.
If you or others wish to propagate the reference then you can find other places online to do it.
If you want to debate the issue you can find other places to do that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7