• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

As a Manly Fan my view on membership is

• I am a member and will renew in 2019.

• I am a member and won't be renewing in 2019.

• I will be a new/lapsed member joining in 2019.

• I am a lapsed member and won't renew until the club sorts out the current chaos.

• I will rejoin/become a member if we get an ex Manly player as head coach

• Haven't made my mind up yet.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m in regardless....the most uninspired I have felt about Manly, but personally feel they have been great to follow for most of my 40 years and in arguably the darkest hours I recall at the club, would feel pretty ordinary to turn the back when needed most.
While we have the T bros, DCE and some good youth coming through, maybe seems unrealistic- but reckon will be amongst the top sides again soon.
Not prepared to then decide to jump back on the train when we are on top again....that’s what Shark, Illawarra and Rooster fans are about.

Without members the Sea Eagles will cease to exist or be relocated.

I'm in for 2019 regardless of the ownership, management decisions or coach.
I'm a Manly Warringah Sea Eagles supporter.

Exactly!! My membership money is for the Sea Eagles. All the great memories, all the ups and downs, cheering every Wombat touch of the ball, Igor & Matai’s hits, Snake’s tries etc since I started following them in 1972. I don’t give a flying f#*k who the owners are. My money is my part in keeping a massive part of my life alive and kicking. You can’t put a price on how much the Sea Eagles mean to me, and I believe most of the people on here.

Without members and crowds, our club will surely die. Then what will all you guys whinge about??

The good times will come again - the current crap will just make them so much sweeter.

Oh I'll support Cliff Lyons and the District Football Club as a member, as I have for many years.

If Cartwrong is at the helm, no way will I be a member at Sea Eagles, for the first time in a decade.

If Arko wanted Madge he would have got Madge. You decide for yourself if Madges request for his pick of assistants is wrong.

But if you want a change of culture, its just standard practice isn't it? Out with old, in with the new.

The club has to change to get my support. And after a membership forum, and hearing why Madge is out of the frame. I'm not convinced Penn is going about trying to change a thing.

I’m in regardless....the most uninspired I have felt about Manly, but personally feel they have been great to follow for most of my 40 years and in arguably the darkest hours I recall at the club, would feel pretty ordinary to turn the back when needed most.
While we have the T bros, DCE and some good youth coming through, maybe seems unrealistic- but reckon will be amongst the top sides again soon.
Not prepared to then decide to jump back on the train when we are on top again....that’s what Shark, Illawarra and Rooster fans are about.
For me it's not about jumping back on a train when we are winning, it's all about our lost culture. We used to thrive on the us against them mentality but at this point in time there is no us. I love this club and it breaks my heart to see what we've become, and yes I'm angry at those who are responsible. Say what you will but even Arko has expressed his sadness for the current state of our beloved club.

For me it's not about jumping back on a train when we are winning, it's all about our lost culture. We used to thrive on the us against them mentality but at this point in time there is no us. I love this club and it breaks my heart to see what we've become, and yes I'm angry at those who are responsible. Say what you will but even Arko has expressed his sadness for the current state of our beloved club.

It's not a club anymore Andrew. It's a poorly run business, using lip service to strip $$$ out of its existing customers (goodwill), while providing those customers with a sub-par product.

Sure, people can renew, but in my mind they aren't renewing their Manly membership. They are supporting and renewing a complete abomination.

The current disgrace of the sporting world. Penn should be ashamed of himself.

This right here is the most passionate and articulate thread I’ve read in ST history. No fighting and bitching, just superb reasons and rationale for either renewing or not renewing memberships. Hats off to you all on both sides.

I am personally torn between not renewing in spite of the Penn ownership and sending a message, and incredibly swayed by the passionate and heartfelt argument that the club has delivered so much joy over 40 years, so why start kicking them now. This is our blood.

One thing I know is owners are only temporary custodians of a club, and no one is ever bigger than the club we all love.

Would you say "Manly" is CURRENTLY in the NRL? The Manly I knew and loved has died. This abomination is laughable though. No passion, pride, or culture. It's dead and gone.
Yes of course Manly is currently in the NRL - who knows for how much longer, and not renewing memberships won't help that. The MWSE we all knew and loved isn't what it was and yes the culture has faded. However, while they and I still exist, I'll continue supporting them through thick and thin.
But each to his own...

This right here is the most passionate and articulate thread I’ve read in ST history. No fighting and bitching, just superb reasons and rationale for either renewing or not renewing memberships. Hats off to you all on both sides.

I am personally torn between not renewing in spite of the Penn ownership and sending a message, and incredibly swayed by the passionate and heartfelt argument that the club has delivered so much joy over 40 years, so why start kicking them now. This is our blood.

One thing I know is owners are only temporary custodians of a club, and no one is ever bigger than the club we all love.
I feel your pain, not renewing when they shafted Tooves was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but I felt my one man protest wouldn't hurt the club, nor would it change Tooves' situation, but in the end I felt that the club had acted dishonourably to a legend. In the end to renew or not to renew is up to the individual.

I feel as if the club is acting dishonourably to its fans and they are slowly destroying the club legacy that was built on the blood and sweat spilt by Manly players at grounds across Sydney pre expansion. The current management and owners in the way they are running the club now are dishonouring every player that has pulled on the maroon and white, and slighting every fan that ever cheered the team on.

Yes of course Manly is currently in the NRL - who knows for how much longer, and not renewing memberships won't help that. The MWSE we all knew and loved isn't what it was and yes the culture has faded. However, while they and I still exist, I'll continue supporting them through thick and thin.
But each to his own...

I'd have been devastated if the club folded in yesteryear. I've been a season member since day dot. The support they gave me through tough years in my life through entertainment was amazing.

But that was when our club had an identity. Had a sense of itself . Had pride.

If this Gold Coast Sea Eagles outfit folded right now, I'm not sure I'd care, because it's not really a club. It's just a failing business that doesn't give a crap about its customers.

If this were Manly, I'd renew 100%. Monetarily supporting these guys is saying I accept what they are dishing out.

Out of respect for the legacy of legends past, that these guys on and off the field are dissolving, I'm making a stand, and voting with my wallet.

That doesn't detract from the fact, Manly Sea Eagles (God rest their souls) will always be my team. I miss them. I can't believe they are gone, which is why I so consistently whinge like a bitch.

You are so right BH. If everyone thinks back to why the club ever existed. Well it was blood and guts from players paid a pound a week or less ($1 for the youngsters) and even more importantly, the people that turned out to watch them play which ultimately built a club. As an older guy, I’m outraged how the game has been sabotaged, and how history has been ignored (cue the great saying if you don’t understand history you are condemned to repeat it). Do t get me wrong, I do understand times have changed, and it is now a professional sport which I have no problem with. But once you forget your foundings, your history, your blood and your sacrifices, then you lose your way, as we have done.

I’m curious what would people do if we had cartwrong and then won say the first 6 in a row? To be honest I think everyone is placing a lot of emphasis on him as an assistant when really we have absolutely no idea what he did cause he had a boss.

I don’t think he’s the bees knees or anything but I think with this squad a decent coach and a good man manager could make the finals easily. Who fits that bill is another question. Maybe we should stop looking at previous head coaches and think about someone like O’Brien who was at the storm.

Yes yes and an other yes for O'Brien. Has an extremely high work ethic and sharp attention to detail from reports. Something we desperately need. But I'm concerned our owners won't provide the structures he would want in place

It's not a club anymore Andrew. It's a poorly run business, using lip service to strip $$$ out of its existing customers (goodwill), while providing those customers with a sub-par product.

Sure, people can renew, but in my mind they aren't renewing their Manly membership. They are supporting and renewing a complete abomination.

The current disgrace of the sporting world. Penn should be ashamed of himself.

Thanks for letting me know that my hard earned is being spent to support and renew a “complete abomination”. How about you DON’T try and impute your views to my actions. I’m bloody proud of my Eagles and I’m not a fair weather supporter. You should look hard at what you write and think about whether you really want to support us any more. It obviously causes you so much pain. All of us are in pain but abandoning the team is not the solution. This is when we need to show our support.

I'd have been devastated if the club folded in yesteryear. I've been a season member since day dot. The support they gave me through tough years in my life through entertainment was amazing.

But that was when our club had an identity. Had a sense of itself . Had pride.

If this Gold Coast Sea Eagles outfit folded right now, I'm not sure I'd care, because it's not really a club. It's just a failing business that doesn't give a crap about its customers.

If this were Manly, I'd renew 100%. Monetarily supporting these guys is saying I accept what they are dishing out.

Out of respect for the legacy of legends past, that these guys on and off the field are dissolving, I'm making a stand, and voting with my wallet.

That doesn't detract from the fact, Manly Sea Eagles (God rest their souls) will always be my team. I miss them. I can't believe they are gone, which is why I so consistently whinge like a bitch.

Yes you are right Ryan on so many levels, and the pain is felt by so many. But for me to give up, to lose hope, is simply not an option. We have risen from the ashes before, and we must keep the faith. Everything in life is cyclical.

Thanks for letting me know that my hard earned is being spent to support and renew a “complete abomination”. How about you DON’T try and impute your views to my actions. I’m bloody proud of my Eagles and I’m not a fair weather supporter. You should look hard at what you write and think about whether you really want to support us any more. It obviously causes you so much pain. All of us are in pain but abandoning the team is not the solution. This is when we need to show our support.

My opinions are mine. That's the beauty of it. If you feel handing your hard earned money to Scott Penn is saving our team, when he's made mountains of profits already with the sale of our leagues club, and the NRL pays him for player wages and club running costs, sweet.

I'm not a fair weathered fan either, but I'm entitled to say enough is enough, and have the balls to do something about it, knowing full well people like you will continue to hand over your cash, regardless of the poor conditions of the product and services you receive , and will belittle me , tell me to stop supporting the team because I'm putting my foot down.

Again, it's out of respect for the hard work, dedication and legacy our boys of days past have built that is steering me to say this isn't good enough.

Lastly, I'm also proud to support what used to be our team (even when we lost, we still had a sense of compete, passion and pride). I'm not sure what you think our clubs being perceived as around Australia, if it's not an abomination, then I don't know what else to say to describe it. It's certainly not a market leader, innovative, has best practices, is a hub for investment by sponsors, customers and members.

If.ypu take our maroon coloured glasses off and look at the club from the outside in, what or how would you describe the joint, right now.

I'm not sure Penn or his minions care tbh. That's why I'm demanding something better / more before I provide my capital in support of their strategies, culture and that emblem on the jersey.

My opinions are mine. That's the beauty of it. If you feel handing your hard earned money to Scott Penn is saving our team, when he's made mountains of profits already with the sale of our leagues club, and the NRL pays him for player wages and club running costs, sweet.

I'm not a fair weathered fan either, but I'm entitled to say enough is enough, and have the balls to do something about it, knowing full well people like you will continue to hand over your cash, regardless of the poor conditions of the product and services you receive , and will belittle me , tell me to stop supporting the team because I'm putting my foot down.

Again, it's out of respect for the hard work, dedication and legacy our boys of days past have built that is steering me to say this isn't good enough.

Lastly, I'm also proud to support what used to be our team (even when we lost, we still had a sense of compete, passion and pride). I'm not sure what you think our clubs being perceived as around Australia, if it's not an abomination, then I don't know what else to say to describe it. It's certainly not a market leader, innovative, has best practices, is a hub for investment by sponsors, customers and members.

If.ypu take our maroon coloured glasses off and look at the club from the outside in, what or how would you describe the joint, right now.

I'm not sure Penn or his minions care tbh. That's why I'm demanding something better / more before I provide my capital in support of their strategies, culture and that emblem on the jersey.

You seem to think having maroon coloured glasses is a bad thing - I don't.

We all bag Newcastle but I really, really admire their fans - they keep showing up even though their team gets flogged every week (not so much this year, but certainly the previous 5 years). I suppose you think they're a bunch of idiots with nothing better to do with their pay packets. No, they are proud of their team (not the owners, the front or back office, coach, the ball boys and ball girls nor mascot) and they are happy to support a team each weekend.

Mate, I know your posts (from being on this site for donkeys years) indicate that you are either half-full or half-empty. At the moment you are nearly empty and your post a little while ago saying that "If this Gold Coast Sea Eagles outfit folded right now, I'm not sure I'd care, because it's not really a club" really got my gander up. You need to take a break because no Manly supporter I know would ever say that, even when they have the s**ts. And I know you are a passionate fan because if you really didn't care, you wouldn’t be here wasting your time. So chill out and so will I :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8