Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
First of all no didn’t have to wear the jersey- there was a group pic and they asked us to wear maroon and white for that.

Secondly listening to the club and passion that they have as employees to make this club sustainable and successful it is not a feel good stunt.

Trent was there and welcomed us he had a hard day - a lot went on I would say following his media conference.

The feedback that has been provided here as well as to me via PM has been provided directly to the membership team and to the GM responsible.

Interesting points came out;
22% of members don’t renew each year
They get approximately 2000 ‘new’ members each year
Only 2500 ticketed members out of over 7000 members who can go to a match turn up

Plenty of discussion around a lot of subjects as well as some future events and 2019 packages.

There is some confidential information that the club wishes to be kept in house an article will be on website today I believe.

Thanks to everyone who contributed I can assure this has been passed on. Will share more when I can and happy to a point of contact with the club if you have any further feedback or issues with membership etc

Cheers
Geoff

PS great to meet @Mitch as well.
We're a family of non attenders. My kids don't care for it but they've been members from before they each turned 1.

First of all no didn’t have to wear the jersey- there was a group pic and they asked us to wear maroon and white for that.

Secondly listening to the club and passion that they have as employees to make this club sustainable and successful it is not a feel good stunt.

Trent was there and welcomed us he had a hard day - a lot went on I would say following his media conference.

The feedback that has been provided here as well as to me via PM has been provided directly to the membership team and to the GM responsible.

Only 2500 ticketed members out of over 7000 members who can go to a match turn up

Plenty of discussion around a lot of subjects as well as some future events and 2019 packages.

There is some confidential information that the club wishes to be kept in house an article will be on website today I believe.

Thanks to everyone who contributed I can assure this has been passed on. Will share more when I can and happy to a point of contact with the club if you have any further feedback or issues with membership etc

Cheers
Geoff

Lovely to meet you as well mate!

Just off the back of Geoff’s comments, the first thing I can say hand on heart is that the club were absolutely welcoming of all feedback - there was some negative, some positive. Some they have control over, some they don’t. But as fans what we can be assured of is that the group of staff working for this club are working their backsides off to rebuild this club off the field.

The other point I want to make is that any of us that think Trent isn’t a ‘Manly man’ and for that reason hasn’t got passion for this club, would re-evaluate their thoughts if they had the pleasure of hearing him speak about the club in person.

This guy came in after what would be one of the toughest days in the job and was friendly, welcoming, but most of spoke passionately about where he wants to take this club. He is in for the long haul and whilst we’re in a tough position at the moment, I for one will be backing him 100%

Lovely to meet you as well mate!

Just off the back of Geoff’s comments, the first thing I can say hand on heart is that the club were absolutely welcoming of all feedback - there was some negative, some positive. Some they have control over, some they don’t. But as fans what we can be assured of is that the group of staff working for this club are working their backsides off to rebuild this club off the field.

The other point I want to make is that any of us that think Trent isn’t a ‘Manly man’ and for that reason hasn’t got passion for this club, would re-evaluate their thoughts if they had the pleasure of hearing him speak about the club in person.

This guy came in after what would be one of the toughest days in the job and was friendly, welcoming, but most of spoke passionately about where he wants to take this club. He is in for the long haul and whilst we’re in a tough position at the moment, I for one will be backing him 100%
WARNING EVERYONE these two have been brainwashed

giphy.gif

I don't want to sack Barrett. But I would say having passion for the team is great and all, however it doesn't make you the right man for the job alone otherwise most of us would qualify as a head coach. He has presided over some difficult times and he seems to be handling it ok, I am just worried that he can't get the team to that next level and unfortunately this Hastings stuff is kind of on him as he was the guy who wanted Hastings at the club. Also letting Green walk was a rookie error, having said that Greenberg hasn't done us any favours.

Suits and ties next time boys!

Thanks again for volunteering your time. I think it's a great initiative that can hopefully draw on some good suggestions from the great unwashed.

I think this is constructive feedback.
Perhaps supporters like niccipops will see that supporting the club should not be about "what's in it for me" but actually about supporting the club.

There really is no reason that every true Manly supporter should not have at least "Born & Bred" membership.
The membership team have done a great job with a price point that is very reasonable. It's a small contribution to make to the club.

You don't know niccipops situation, get back in your hole.

I'm sure I read that the NRL forced Manly to release Green.
I'm sure that Green gave Manly an ultimatum that they had to accept or have him run dead :mad:

Barrett told Sky Sports’ Big Sports Breakfast.

‘’There’s two ways you can look at it. It was a bit of a risk to let him go without a replacement locked in, but it was also a risk for me in terms of the functioning of the team if you had a player here who had the opportunity to set his family up for the next three or four years, who made it quite clear to us that he didn’t want to be here given the opportunity that was in front of him.

@The Wheel

Geoff

The limited information they posted yesterday mentioned members who had flown from Brisbane at their own expense to attend, gee that’s a fair effort!

And I imagine some from the country would have been there as well?

I’m always amused when people who live in the area sow how tough it is for them to get to a game.

I don’t make it as often as I did ( but I’ve had a good reason not to these last few years) but when I did this is what I used to spend.

2 days parking at BNE $50
Airfare BNE/SYD/BNE $300
Transport airport / game $100

If I was doing it up and back in a day I’d get a taxi from Brookie back to the airport so add $50 more one way.

Then if it was a night game I’d have to stay overnight st the Travelodge , normally $130 but on game nights anything up to $250.

So around $700 plus your ticket to the game.

And just imagine @marga from where she lives , more like $1500 or even up to $2000 for a trip AND she does it 3-4 times a year.

There’s nothing the club can do about that Wheelie, but it’s great to see those members recognised for their efforts ( as @marga has).

I don't want to sack Barrett. But I would say having passion for the team is great and all, however it doesn't make you the right man for the job alone otherwise most of us would qualify as a head coach. He has presided over some difficult times and he seems to be handling it ok, I am just worried that he can't get the team to that next level and unfortunately this Hastings stuff is kind of on him as he was the guy who wanted Hastings at the club. Also letting Green walk was a rookie error, having said that Greenberg hasn't done us any favours.
The thing I’d like to say in response to that is look at other coaches you would hold up. In situations with no drama. Paul green took a few years for success. Mary mcgregor was bagged from pillar to post and look at the dragons now. Kearney was the fav to be first sacked and look at the warriors. Ivan cleary took time at the warriors before he had success.

The way I look at it is when we had tooves I watched us get progressively worse and fail to adapt to a changing game. Same as des at the dogs. The old block play game just doesn’t cut it anymore. Speed through the ruck and offloads is where the game is now at.

Since we’ve had baz I see us as progressively better each season. We have a very young team and a heap of drama. We've had a rubbish start to the year there is no way to sugarcoat that. But it’s a long season. We’re one win outside the 8 and have shown when we’re on we’re an exceptional and exciting footy team. I like the game style of baz. He needs some time and some faith. I think we’ll be there or thereabouts at the end of the year.

Feel free to quote me on this later!

We are blaming Greenburg but it is the club who has put us in this situation by, according to the NRL, not arranging our TPA's properly

We should be blaming the club not the NRL

@ManlyArmy must have gotten on the turps, we haven't heard from him.. (lol)

Or was he joking about being a member on the council?

Have been a member on and off over the years but unfortunately because I live a distance from lottoland night games in the middle winter don’t appeal and warrant buying a package. Not the clubs fault and nothing you can do about it but 3.00 starts on the weekend would increase membership ha ha

Have been a member on and off over the years but unfortunately because I live a distance from lottoland night games in the middle winter don’t appeal and warrant buying a package. Not the clubs fault and nothing you can do about it but 3.00 starts on the weekend would increase membership ha ha
I think there is a strong possibility there will be membership packages that may better suit you next year

Cheers
Geoff

Thanks for the update.

I am simply amazed by those stats re the 22% drop off rate on membership and the 2000 "new" members.
I assume a large % of the 2k are return memberships of people that have missed a year or two for whatever reason.

The annual 22% drop off is alarming though. Hopefully some measures are going to be put in place to try and get that drop off into single digit %.
Discounts for continued membership maybe?
Certainly not the fked up scenario of the members pin, where people have apparently been a member for 10 years, but not 2 or 5. Lol.

I suggest that if the club are going to do incentive based things like that, they need to get it right, or rectify after, if proof can be shown to them.

I buy the 3 game pass each year because, frankly, I have a non sport addicted family and think it's selfish if I go to every game.

I agree that much of what comes in terms of merchandise, I can live without. Even the cap.
I like the sticker but would happily trade the rest for a members exclusive t-shirt.

Like it or not, the expense of going to the footy is always going to be a major factor for many people. I'm not sure how much of this is in the club's hands but we really need to look at,

1. Ticket prices. They're just too high. Can we at least try lowering the cost to see if there is an effect on attendances ? $19 for adults. $9 for kids under 16. $40 for a family.

2. Food and Drink. You're always going to pay more at an event, but do they have to go as hard as they do ? And let people bring food from home. The cinemas relented when people stopped going at all and now you're allowed to stop at a supermarket for your snacks beforehand.

People can't do and buy everything. The club is trying to entice fans to walk through the gates instead of spending their entertainment dollar elsewhere. They have to make it good value....or better value than their other options.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8