Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My only gripe is that the ticketek computer programme that runs the memberships is very poor and not simple or user friendly. It also has deleted somehow my history and caused me to be a first year member again. It should be a simple dashboard but it is not. Also if you want to sign up gift memberships for family members and friends & manage the memberships for them it is messy due to the fact that you have to include your own email for all of them to manage it and end up getting everyones regular emails to your 1 address and the people you are trying to encourage aren't getting any. I have tried to manage 6 at once in the past and it is too hard. There should be an optional secondary email option to have emails sent to them but the memberships are still managed and payed under your own unless the new member wishes to take it over.

Also if they could make a cheap $20 or $30 membership that does not include any bells and whistles other than an enrolment as a member with possibly a letter or plastic card that states you are a member. The same type of thing as the Football club membership. This would encourage people with low disposable income that don't live near the club but still want to support to join and increase the clubs database. The international membership is actually really expensive considering you will never go to a game. There have been times over the years where I have found it really hard to justify spending nearly a hundred dollars on something that is basically me just showing my loyalty. The profit margin on a $30 membership could actually be as high as a regular membership that includes hats etc, due to the fact that there is no cost involved for the club.

I really think “ members only” functions with players or the whole team attending are a real winner, and don’t “cheapen” them by selling tickets to non members.

I know they have the top tier “ Golden Wings” membership and they get lots of included stuff but perhaps @The Wheel thet should consider some functions for the reserved seat holders.
Good idea, I recall the year I had Gold wings membership, the best part by far was the access to the players.

How about 1/2 price (or a really substantial discount) for members admission to Brookie, even as walk-up? Which Manly fan wouldn't sign up as you come into the ground?
Cheap admission would quickly translate to better crowds. And full houses would quickly off-set the initially reduced gate takings, plus have the added bonus of fans becoming members and hence more engaged.

I think this is constructive feedback.
Perhaps supporters like niccipops will see that supporting the club should not be about "what's in it for me" but actually about supporting the club.
You seem to be mixing up the notion of 'club' with that of 'business'.
The owner of the 'club', Scott Penn, makes considerable money in the weight loss 'business'. This is a business entirely based on "what's in it for me" - ie you give them your money and they will try to help you lose weight.
Why should a footy club be any different?
The joy of supporting any team is we're a bunch of very different people all with one thing in common and this often makes for the most unlikely friendships. Do you really need to have a go at fellow supporters?
To answer the initial question:
I really like Nicci's idea. I live a long way from Sydney but travel there every weekday. Come the weekend, it is often so much more appealing to sit on the couch and yell support for my team rather than do that bloody drive again. I do get to about three games a year: always the Melbourne one because we have rels there, one at Brookie, and usually one other. And if we make the finals, I'm there.
I don't have endless funds to throw around but would love to be a member if it could be a little more flexible.

Just remember there are some people who are never happy, you could offer $150 worth of value for $20 and they still would not buy.

Fact is there are very few people who financially cannot afford to have basic membership but they choose to spend that money elsewhere be it drinks, eating out, smokes, movies, foxtel etc. Different people put value supporting the club differently compared to other comforts/nice to haves.

Not everyone has foxtel so including live streaming of games would be an attraction.

As the idea is to increase game day attendance give ticketed members acces to stream away games & out of towner's access to all games.

I had this rant on another thread about the kids cheerleading thing and the school holidays thing at Narrabeen;

This **** should be free for the kids that are members. I really only get mine memberships as a) a Clayton’s donation to the club and b) for the cheerleading clinic in the holidays. They don’t care for the games so if they start charging for the extra stuff that was usually free then they get nothing from it at all.

In addition to that, they should tailor kids memberships a bit better. Giving a small kid an adult cap is useless. I’d rather be able to pick a size and they get a kids t shirt they can wear that year. Maybe do a girls one that has some cheer squad stuff and access to a school holiday cheer clinic.

@The Wheel been thinking about this and have the following suggestion. The club should make a bigger push for high school kids. They should offer something affordable to most like a $75 GA season ticket (or a $50 5 game or something) to all kids in years 7-12 and make it competitive by having the kids add their school to the membership application. The school with the most memberships (per capita so the bigger schools don't walk it in) wins a big clinic and fan day at their school (and not a bull**** one with 3 fringe first graders and some Workers guys. Full top squad for a decent amount of time) and can do a guard of honour at a game. They have to look at this as something that will have an obvious benefit now by hopefully providing a membership bump but also keep paying off down the line (get them in at that age and they are likely to stay on as they start earning an income in the near future.. This is obviously geared towards locals, but if you can't get the local kids in and caring then it's doomed.

I think we all know that despite all these fabulous ideas if we had a boutique 28,000 seat stadium all undercover we’d probably have a 20,000 Membership.

I guess we can only dream!!
Easts have a decent stadium and rarely get more than 12,000.
Now there is all this misinformation that the stadium is crumbling. What rubbish.
To knock down the second newest stadium in Sydney and build another on the same spot is lunacy.
Our current Liberal government is, on the whole, a good one and infinitely better than the corrupt Labor governments of the past. But boy they have made/are making some terrible decisions.

A 360' camera on the hill that I can watch with my Samsung Gear or other virtual reality headset.

Not everyone has foxtel so including live streaming of games would be an attraction.

As the idea is to increase game day attendance give ticketed members acces to stream away games & out of towner's access to all games.
Fox would have the sole rights for any games that are not free to air, so any live streaming would be prohibited.

Maybe one of you could ask the club when they are going to induct their next MWSE life member - there was a big fanfare about the 4 inaugural inductees and we haven't heard anything since.

Israel Folau reckons this bloke on the left will burn in hell unless he repents for being gay

img_9924.jpg

Do you have to wear Manly jerseys to the members council meetings ??

Let’s hope it’s not a feel good stunt , if these people who are giving up their time to give a voice to the every day supporters out there they club needs to listen to them and their grievances time will tell.

First of all no didn’t have to wear the jersey- there was a group pic and they asked us to wear maroon and white for that.

Secondly listening to the club and passion that they have as employees to make this club sustainable and successful it is not a feel good stunt.

Trent was there and welcomed us he had a hard day - a lot went on I would say following his media conference.

The feedback that has been provided here as well as to me via PM has been provided directly to the membership team and to the GM responsible.

Interesting points came out;
22% of members don’t renew each year
They get approximately 2000 ‘new’ members each year
Only 2500 ticketed members out of over 7000 members who can go to a match turn up

Plenty of discussion around a lot of subjects as well as some future events and 2019 packages.

There is some confidential information that the club wishes to be kept in house an article will be on website today I believe.

Thanks to everyone who contributed I can assure this has been passed on. Will share more when I can and happy to a point of contact with the club if you have any further feedback or issues with membership etc

Cheers
Geoff

PS great to meet @Mitch as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7