Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The proof will be in the pudding but they are not devoid of ideas. Being able to execute them is another matter given the current landscape and financials - a **** year on the field has a massive bottom line impact and not in a good way

Did anyone manage to ask for updates on whether they will be inducting anymore life members ?? or have they closed it down after 4 ? They did say that Matt Ballin would be favourably looked upon in the future. It's been a couple of years now so he's due. It'd be a shame to see such a wonderful initiative like that to just wither on the vine, it's those sort of ideas that keep the fans engaged.

Thank goodness the important decision about hats has been finalised.

I let my membership lapse when Toovey was sacked. It was the way it was handled that peeved me more than the decision, and I haven't been to Brookie since. I would love to watch the boys again at Brookie and perhaps one day become a member again, but I have a feeling deep in my soul that the club doesn't give a continental about me (a supporter). I wish I could articulate my gut feelings into words, but I am struggling to do so.

I don't know if betrayed is the right word, perhaps abandoned is a better descriptive, bit I feel the club has turned it back on old fart supporters like myself. As a kid growing up in Auburn sitting on the hill at Lidcombe Oval in my Manly jersey, I can tell honestly say I have bled for this club. Perhaps the word I am looking for is tradition, I know things change but the Penns and the rest of the staff that work in the Eagles Nest need to get in touch with our base and remember what it is to be Manly.

Sorry for the rant.

I appreciate all the information and your involvement in the Members Council. Keep up the good work.
Was anything mentioned about the future of the Manly Leagues Club?

Thank you @The Wheel and @Mitch for giving up your time to attend.

Thanks for the re'cap' - cap...hat....see what I did there!!!?!?!?!?!

Keep up the good work.

Thanks wheel.

Can’t say I’m too comfortable about here’s some info members council don’t share if with other fans.

Dear Lyle
Don’t worry about recruitment managers and the like. How about you start with the coach and getting one who can coach first champ.
Regards
Cambo

yall gave a long and detailed update and we were asked not to share some the content so won’t go into too much detail as I am not sure what was shareable at this stage. However;
Thanks Wheel, I appreciate you taking the time to attend and report.
Couple of questions though...
Can you ask Lyall to clarify which tidbits, in particular, are not to be shared?
Regarding terms of reference for this members council - was it for management to hear feedback from members representatives? Or just from a couple of random members? (Point of difference being, if you are representatives you need to be able to feed information back to us!)
'Moving forward' from the salary cap appeal sounds like they won't take it further, is that what you meant?
Having heard Lyall's report yourself, shareable and not shareable, were you left buoyed or deflated, confused or enthused??

Great work The Wheel, it seems a recruitment manager is a step in the right direction. I’m pleased to see some engagement with the fans. Very positive :)

Thank goodness the important decision about hats has been finalised.

I let my membership lapse when Toovey was sacked. It was the way it was handled that peeved me more than the decision, and I haven't been to Brookie since. I would love to watch the boys again at Brookie and perhaps one day become a member again, but I have a feeling deep in my soul that the club doesn't give a continental about me (a supporter). I wish I could articulate my gut feelings into words, but I am struggling to do so.

I don't know if betrayed is the right word, perhaps abandoned is a better descriptive, bit I feel the club has turned it back on old fart supporters like myself. As a kid growing up in Auburn sitting on the hill at Lidcombe Oval in my Manly jersey, I can tell honestly say I have bled for this club. Perhaps the word I am looking for is tradition, I know things change but the Penns and the rest of the staff that work in the Eagles Nest need to get in touch with our base and remember what it is to be Manly.

Sorry for the rant.

Zorba has stated that the fans DON'T matter and are irrelevant.

Thanks Wheel, I appreciate you taking the time to attend and report.
Couple of questions though...
Can you ask Lyall to clarify which tidbits, in particular, are not to be shared?
Regarding terms of reference for this members council - was it for management to hear feedback from members representatives? Or just from a couple of random members? (Point of difference being, if you are representatives you need to be able to feed information back to us!)
'Moving forward' from the salary cap appeal sounds like they won't take it further, is that what you meant?
Having heard Lyall's report yourself, shareable and not shareable, were you left buoyed or deflated, confused or enthused??

Salary cap -yes that is what I meant

In Lyall listening to him along with his team I feel they are the right people for the job at hand - don’t forget he is s still putting his staff in place and the first few months of his tenure he has been putting out bush fires rather than getting on with the job.

In terms of being asked not the share certain info you will have to read between the lines of my original post but most of it relates to ideas around membership, promotions etc and how they would reasonate. We are not given any info around recruitment, club gossip, whether Hastings is staying or going etc - rest easy

Salary cap -yes that is what I meant

In Lyall listening to him along with his team I feel they are the right people for the job at hand - don’t forget he is s still putting his staff in place and the first few months of his tenure he has been putting out bush fires rather than getting on with the job.

In terms of being asked not the share certain info you will have to read between the lines of my original post but most of it relates to ideas around membership, promotions etc and how they would reasonate. We are not given any info around recruitment, club gossip, whether Hastings is staying or going etc - rest easy
Thanks. Makes a certain amount of sense, so thanks again for making the effort and giving your time.
( and in case I forgot to mention it elsewhere, one of the most valuable member benefits I've had in the past was access to meeting the players. I don't have that high level membership now, but it remains a highlight that I can say I've met Snake, Killer, Ballin, Kitey, Robbo, pretty much the whole of our golden era crew!)(Even met Hodko during his first incarnation here)

A members council that can't share info with other members... Makes sense.

Ps - Not having a crack at those involved... Only the club. What a ridiculous request. Keeping info confidential from their supporter base...
Damned if they do and damned if they don't really? If they are just getting feedback like test marketing from members on potential ideas then it's not appropriate to float them out there for all?

The club will inform members and fans at the right time - I know everyone is thirsty for info but as some things are not locked in or decided it is not the right time to open the floodgates- don’t forget once it is shared the media can get hold of it and fans also think it is set in stone ( then club has egg on its face if things don’t proceed).

Trust the process - as stated early in this thread it is wasn’t that long ago that us sausage roll eaters were considered irrelevant. We have actually taken a few steps forward- that is a positive!

Damned if they do and damned if they don't really? If they are just getting feedback like test marketing from members on potential ideas then it's not appropriate to float them out there for all?
Exactly

The club will inform members and fans at the right time - I know everyone is thirsty for info but as some things are not locked in or decided it is not the right time to open the floodgates- don’t forget once it is shared the media can get hold of it and fans also think it is set in stone ( then club has egg on its face if things don’t proceed).

Trust the process - as stated early in this thread it is wasn’t that long ago that us sausage roll eaters were considered irrelevant. We have actually taken a few steps forward- that is a positive!
In my mind 2 important questions spring to mind.
1. Was Zorba there?
2. Did the club put on sausage rolls for the members council?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8