Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
said it before ... other clubs offer a pensioner discount ... and cheaper memberships for those interstate or too far away from Sydney to attend games in person.

G’day guys,

Obviously there is a reasonable level of worry around the future and direction of this club from members and fans as seen from feedback on this forum recently.

The member council have our next scheduled sitting next Monday evening and I have no doubt that these worries will be raised.

I’ll ensure any information that can be relayed via Silvertails is.

I think its time this Club calls a supporters meeting so that we the long suffering supporters can get some answers on what the hell is going on here.

As a long time supporter I want answers in relation to:

1) Our Salary Cap position ( what is happening to the appeal ) ! Surely by know we should have had a response. Why are we keep in the dark over this.
2) What are the Clubs plans for Brookvale Oval in the future ( Absolutely disgusted that since round 8 we will have played only one (1) game at Lottoland (Cowboys) up to the Bye Round 17). That is one game out of eight !! Where is the value for money for the members !
3) Whats going on with reports that players have been asked to look elsewhere are we really in such deep s#%t.

This once mighty club has become the laughing stock of the League and the silence from Management has been deafening to say the least .I am so frustrated at the moment at the lack of communication and direction of this place. As a supporter for 52 years I have never felt so bloody disappointed & embarrassed at what is happening here.

We need to have our say & get some answers Now !

I think its time this Club calls a supporters meeting so that we the long suffering supporters can get some answers on what the hell is going on here.

As a long time supporter I want answers in relation to:

1) Our Salary Cap position ( what is happening to the appeal ) ! Surely by know we should have had a response. Why are we keep in the dark over this.
2) What are the Clubs plans for Brookvale Oval in the future ( Absolutely disgusted that since round 8 we will have played only one (1) game at Lottoland (Cowboys) up to the Bye Round 17). That is one game out of eight !! Where is the value for money for the members !
3) Whats going on with reports that players have been asked to look elsewhere are we really in such deep s#%t.

This once mighty club has become the laughing stock of the League and the silence from Management has been deafening to say the least .I am so frustrated at the moment at the lack of communication and direction of this place. As a supporter for 52 years I have never felt so bloody disappointed & embarrassed at what is happening here.

We need to have our say & get some answers Now !
Yes the deafening silence is piss poor and very disrespectful to fans.

We need bigger backers IMO. The Penns just seem to have the club floating but not flying. It's totally beyond me why Penn won't consider selling as this would provide world class infrastructure and security to build a real powerhouse brand. Seems to me it's just being used as a tax evasion tool to offset other business running at a loss.
As a supporter I'm sick of been strung along on this joke of a ride. It's so tough following this club now and watching pathetic performances and embarrassing off field drama. This rebuild is nothing but smoke and mirrors to keep supporters happy. Players are pissed off and no one seems to care. This is an all time low and it looking the longer the Penns are in charge the more likely the NRL will relocate us.

Problem is that our Franchise is not majority owned by a Football Club.

The private Owners are not under any obligation to hold a meeting with season ticket holders.

They would be earnestly looking to find the solution to our many problems as it results in monetary losses to them - not us :nerd:

That Albury Meeting achieved nothing but a tape of platitudes to Supporters by CEO Kelly :confused:

If you have queries then look at this thread and convey your requests to the member representatives who post here. They can try and seek responses for you, but personally I think you have Buckleys of getting an answer to any of those apart from maybe an update on the Brookie situation.

https://silvertails.net/threads/members-council.54231/

Penn needs to be locked down, confronted by a large group of supporters in a place he can't hide in his ivory tower.

I've been tempted to give him a piece of my mind via Linkedin, but know he's invested so much, so don't.

It's the only place you can get a direct message through.

X Attitude and culture is unacceptable
X Fitness and Strength is unacceptable
X Game plan is unacceptable
X Off field behaviour is unacceptable
X Coaching and assoc. staff are unacceptable
X Communication is unacceptable
X Membership quality is unacceptable
X Brooky is unacceptable
X Cheating the cap is unacceptable
X Management is unacceptable
X Staffing and staff behaviour is unacceptable
X Results given roster is unacceptable
X Media content/quality is unacceptable
X Lack of Manly blood is unacceptable

etc, etc, etc.

If Penn can't pay players, he should be forced to sell by the club.

Penn needs to be locked down, confronted by a large group of supporters in a place he can't hide in his ivory tower.

I've been tempted to give him a piece of my mind via Linkedin, but know he's invested so much, so don't.

It's the only place you can get a direct message through.

X Attitude and culture is unacceptable
X Fitness and Strength is unacceptable
X Game plan is unacceptable
X Off field behaviour is unacceptable
X Coaching and assoc. staff are unacceptable
X Communication is unacceptable
X Membership quality is unacceptable
X Brooky is unacceptable
X Cheating the cap is unacceptable
X Management is unacceptable
X Staffing and staff behaviour is unacceptable
X Results given roster is unacceptable
X Media content/quality is unacceptable
X Lack of Manly blood is unacceptable

etc, etc, etc.

If Penn can't pay players, he should be forced to sell by the club.

@ManlyArmy, @The Wheel and myself will all be attending a Member's Council meeting next Monday evening and I have no doubt these issues will be raised, particularly if Lyall is in attendance. There are certainly a number of issues that need clarity from a member and supporter perspective as you point out mate.

I can guarantee you that there are plenty of staff, in particular management/admin, who have had involvement with the Member council, busting their backsides given we are one of the most under resourced teams in terms of HR in the competition. Some clubs would have 2-3x the level of staff this club have and that may be a crucial underlying reason that can be related back to many of these problems.

@ManlyArmy, @The Wheel and myself will all be attending a Member's Council meeting next Monday evening and I have no doubt these issues will be raised, particularly if Lyall is in attendance. There are certainly a number of issues that need clarity from a member and supporter perspective as you point out mate.

I can guarantee you that there are plenty of staff, in particular management/admin, who have had involvement with the Member council, busting their backsides given we are one of the most under resourced teams in terms of HR in the competition. Some clubs would have 2-3x the level of staff this club have and that may be a crucial underlying reason that can be related back to many of these problems.

Hey mate, I've heard from two specific staff members (I could PM you both their names if you want to clarify with them personally) around being bullied and harassed, by existing staff.

I hate airing the laundry, but I've written Lyall about it personally, so I'm not hiding or B.S'ing. I know he reads this stuff, so it's legit.

The place is being run like a crapshoot .

The under staffing and running on skeleton staff doesn't fly with me, and if they use it, please call B.S.

Des, Tooves and others did it, owned it and made a success of it, so no excuse for them there.

How can they excuse lazy, leaderless, rudderless, play from a playing group who use social media to whinge and air their grievances? This includes a coach publicly complaining about his conditions. He knew what he was signing on for, and gets a fair pay for a 30 something percent win rate. He's looking for excuses, as he did in his Dragons days. Remember St Choke?

Enough is enough. Demand resolution mate. Excuses don't fly anymore.

Problem is that our Franchise is not majority owned by a Football Club.

The private Owners are not under any obligation to hold a meeting with season ticket holders.

They would be earnestly looking to find the solution to our many problems as it results in monetary losses to them - not us :nerd:

That Albury Meeting achieved nothing but a tape of platitudes to Supporters by CEO Kelly :confused:

I attended the Albury meeting and heard nothing but lies from Joe Kelly.

No point having a meeting and being told nothing. They will never admit they have stuffed everything, cheated the cap, and have definite plans.

I don't expect to hear reasons why our players are not performing. That's not the role of the owners and administrators.
I would like to hear about the administration and financing side of the club.
Was there a legitimate offer to purchase the club? If so, what was the real reason for refusing it?
Where are we in terms of salary cap?
Has any thought been given towards the future ie. how are we going to survive?
Is a joint-venture under consideration?
What is happening with the Leagues Club and Brookie Oval?

Good luck with the meeting gentlemen. It’s quite a commitment from you all and probably the longest list of questions to work through. Hope they give you the decency of some reasonable answers and a glimmer of light at the end of a very long and dark tunnel.

I don't expect to hear reasons why our players are not performing. That's not the role of the owners and administrators.
I would like to hear about the administration and financing side of the club.
Was there a legitimate offer to purchase the club? If so, what was the real reason for refusing it?
Where are we in terms of salary cap?
Has any thought been given towards the future ie. how are we going to survive?
Is a joint-venture under consideration?
What is happening with the Leagues Club and Brookie Oval?
The Leagues Club has been out of consideration as far as funding goes for almost twenty years and unlikely in the future, as for Brookie, don't hold your breath on that one, and in reality,a new Brookie may be the only thing that may save us in the foreseeable future.
Long term future at either an unrenovated Brookie or SFS , is very dire, due to our low and diminishing supporter base.
Don't think a J/V is an option, if so, who with and what bargaining power would we have?, relocation is an option, but where,?, Brisbane have it all sewn up, Perth would want it's own team, South Island NZ a possibility.

I remember when the AFL team I follow, Hawthorn, were in dire straights not that long ago. Their efforts to engage the fans and increase membership were monumental, and they arenow reinstated as a powerhouse, as should Manly.

As there are so many similarities between the clubs in terms of success and going through horrible times around the same time, I would love for our club to spend some time down there with them to learn a few tricks and try and replicate what they did to survive and prosper.

Lyall Gorman claims that he responds to all members/supporters? I have written twice, non offensively, for no response. So some clarity on this front would be a priority. Secondly, an understanding of the type of people we want in our club. People with similar values to those of Geoff Toovey, Matt Ballin, Steve Menzies, Mark Bryant, Jamie Lyon, Brent Kite and Jason King - yes. Those in the theme of Dylan Walker, Apisai Koroisau and Martin Taupau - No thank you. Thirdly, the management needs to treat the supporters as the vital part of the team that we are. Engage with the fan base like a family, be transparent, lose the political like ego and understand that we are Manly, not a place for opportunists minus any proven results.

Congratulations on your role to represent, great engagement with us fellow Sea Eagles, it is much appreciated on my part.
Tom - maybe if you could details via PM I will be happy to take up with The CEO. He will be there on Monday night

Hi all ST members

The 2nd membership council meeting was on tonight and myself and Mitch attended.

Lyall gave a long and detailed update and we were asked not to share some the content so won’t go into too much detail as I am not sure what was shareable at this stage. However;

The club is working on a long term strategic plan and that will be shared once it is completed.

The club has advertised for a Recruitment/List Manager and hope to have that appointment finalized in 3/4 weeks. Scott Fulton will continue to look after junior development

Interesting developments around Brookie both good and bad.

The club isn’t responding to a lot of negative stories in the press as making comments etc just feeds the journalists with more and keeps the negativity going eg Watmough comment last week

Club is absolutely committed to staying Brookie, the Saudis won’t be buying the club and all the offers reported were BS

A lot of work around more flexible 2019 members packages - keep an eye out on that.

There will be some heavy promoting of final home games including discounted pricing for different time slots eg a Thurs night game will be cheaper that a Sunday game

New style members hat in 2019

Salary cap hearing is on next Monday and Tuesday, hopefully a positive outcome but after that whatever the outcome the club will move forward

Plus much more maybe @Mitch can add some flavor, in short it has been a tough year but the club as a whole is working damn hard to create a positive future. Obviously some good on field performances will help

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6