Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
i have been lucky enough to have been selected to represent all members on the clubs members council.

First meeting is on 18/4/18 and focus will be on 2018 members events, membership inclusions and 2019 membership program.

I would be interested in getting some constructive feedback from both members and non members so I can take it directly to the club.

Therefore;

If you are not a member of the club why not and what could be done to make you join?

Are you getting value from your current membership? If not why not?

Would you like to see anything removed or added to the membership packages?

In terms of members events what type of events would you like to see the club implement?

Is there any other feedback you would like to pass onto the club about membership or any other general feedback??

Thanks all please provide below or PM directly if you would prefer.

I used to be a member but moved from the area - I live in the deep dark "north" west now.

I don't know if this is already in existence, but maybe a reciprocal arrangement with Blacktown workers? I would rejoin the leagues club (Manly) if that was available - yes its not salubrious at the workers, but Friday beers are Friday beers....

i have been lucky enough to have been selected to represent all members on the clubs members council.

First meeting is on 18/4/18 and focus will be on 2018 members events, membership inclusions and 2019 membership program.

I would be interested in getting some constructive feedback from both members and non members so I can take it directly to the club.

Therefore;

If you are not a member of the club why not and what could be done to make you join?

Are you getting value from your current membership? If not why not?

Would you like to see anything removed or added to the membership packages?

In terms of members events what type of events would you like to see the club implement?

Is there any other feedback you would like to pass onto the club about membership or any other general feedback??

Thanks all please provide below or PM directly if you would prefer.

Firstly, well done, congratulations and thanks for putting yourself up as time is valuable.

Secondly, I will probably PM you later when I am not staying at a hotel with the world's
slowest internet. I'm sure when I hit enter, leprechauns copied what I've written and run it over to Dan's servers to copy the message on this site.

Thirdly, I or some other mod...may make this into a sticky so it doesn't get lost like my awesomely written tipping comps wrap ups!

@anthonyb1965 , @voicefromthehill I think he means Manly (the team, Penns, etc) and not the MWRLFC hence the reference to membership packs. - Lanyards and scarves ftw!

Thanks again.

Congrats on getting on the council!

Fan engagement and club updates have been poor for a while, but it seems Gorman is addressing this issue, but like to see more improvement and an understanding of what is planned this year and beyond.

I question ticket pricing where it seems the stadiums are lower cost to attend than Brookie. An explanation of the disparity would be nice and how about them trying a discount day to see if that boosts the numbers. If it is a major factor in poor crowd numbers, it may be that better pricing increases crowd numbers and more than compensates for the lower ticket price revenue. Will definitely improve ancillary revenue. Someone had previously posted a very good analogy of a USA club (NFL?) trying this approach with outstanding results.

* Ask Manly to justify their pack pricings to that of Souths.

* I think kids under 16 should get in free when accompanied by a adult member

* Add back the option to buy a Football Club Membership for those of us who are interested in maintaining our 70 year history

* Manly needs to stop that 'auto renew' feature as people feel its an agressive money grab
Simple to SMS all members in November to offer them a renewal

Last edited:
My only complaint about the Membership we in the “ neverlands” get is that it includes a meet the players function ( great inclusion ) but then they put this on at a time not suitable for most that live outside of the particular city.

In my case Brisbane saw a function on the Thursday night before the Saturday night double header.

Fine if you live in the city ( as I did for a decade ) but the bulk of members live well outside the city ( northern NSW, Gold and Sunshine Coast) and it’s just impossible to make both the function and the game.

For years they were post match , which is perfect!

My only grumble!!

If they want to drive up memberships, the club needs to promote the benefits on game day.
  • Members only entry line. On massive game days where there are massive lines, non-members can watch members walk straight up and straight into the ground while they patiently wait in line.
  • Members only bar and food stalls. Same as the entry line. If someone is waiting an eternity to get a beer and sees a member walk up to another stall, grab a beer and head back to their seat in a matter of minutes, they will start to consider membership themselves.

Yes this will be for the Sea Eagles not the Leagues Club or Football club.
Thanks mate, I have been a Football Club member for a few years now and I used to have a Sea Eagles Membership up to about 3 years ago. I purchased the "Golden Wings" unreserved seat membership and I think it was about $500 per season. I struggled to get to 4 games a year (living in Canberra) but that wasn't the issue why I let the membership slide. They started this auto-renewal thing (as I paid the monthly repayment) and when you missed a months payment through the off season, I started getting calls from debt collectors chasing the payment. One of them even said they would list me on VEDA if I didn't pay and this was before the season actually kicked off! I think it was 2013/14 when I canned the membership.
I would like to see better, more simple and greater value type membership. For example;

Single Membership (no game tickets)
  • $200 per year with an installment plan with no 3rd party involvement (eg; direct debit $20 per month)
  • Current years jersey
  • Cap
  • Stickers
Family Membership
  • $200 per year with an installment plan with no 3rd party involvement (eg; direct debit $20 per month)
  • 4 x caps
  • 4 small flags
  • 12 home game general admission tickets (for 4)

I wonder if you could approach the club to speak with the NRL in regards to an NRL membership. A few years ago I know the AFL had a membership where once you paid for your membership you could go to up to 40 games a year. If you took a guest it was $8 per extra ticket. My mate would go to Carlton games with his son whilst his wife and daughter would go to Geelong games. For those that love footy it's a great option. Particularly if you live quite a way from Brookvale. It could be set up so the purchasers club could get a percentage of the profits. Obviously only GA tickets but it might attract people to the big stadiums as well.

Firstly, well done, congratulations and thanks for putting yourself up as time is valuable.

Secondly, I will probably PM you later when I am not staying at a hotel with the world's
slowest internet. I'm sure when I hit enter, leprechauns copied what I've written and run it over to Dan's servers to copy the message on this site.

Thirdly, I or some other mod...may make this into a sticky so it doesn't get lost like my awesomely written tipping comps wrap ups!

@anthonyb1965 , @voicefromthehill I think he means Manly (the team, Penns, etc) and not the MWRLFC hence the reference to membership packs. - Lanyards and scarves ftw!

Thanks again.
Are you saying I suffer from the generational issue of not really reading a post?

Dammit I stand by my assertion - give me access to workers for beers and I rejoin as a game day member

Congratulations @The Wheel and well done to the Sea Eagles for this initiative and fan engagement.

My 2 cents worth.

I would love to be a member, after all, I am a member of the FC and leagues club, however, the cost of an annual grandstand ticket makes it cost preventative for me to purchase a couple of membership for the year and the time that some of the games are played at I just can't get to the ground on time because of work commitments.

Maybe if the cost of a grandstand ticket was considerably less I would then be encouraged to purchase a couple of memberships.

I haven't renewed for 3 years.
The reason is geographical.
I would like to see the 16 clubs aligned in some sort of limited games - 3 maybe - travelling membership packages that allow you to be a member of your club of choice - but to attend any ground where your team is playing. So if Manly are playing the Titans on the GC, I can get in with my Manly membership.
I recognise this might be an out there idea. It could be like an NRL united pass but the membership is with your club.
The clubs could unite to help fans of the game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4