Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I agree. Thanks to Mitch who has taken the trouble of getting involved and reporting back to us.

As for those that simply constantly moan about the same crap week in week out - I am totally sick of it and have thought (many times recently) about leaving this site. However, there are enough sensible/decent posters here to keep me coming back.

I'm not saying that there isn't a lot to bitch and moan about - there is. However, there are some that just go on and on about the same things and it's really boring and irritating - I read the words and immediately know the poster.

Sorry for bitching and moaning myself, but I just wanted to thank Mitch for reporting back - some news is better than no news and at least the club is trying!

UP to you, but you can place individual members on an ignore list if you think all they do is say the same thing over and over and over and over again. You can also take them off said list at any stage. But, different people, different opinions. It can be a interesting study in the human psyche!

Thanks @Mitch (and the others) for reporting back and giving up your valuable time, once again, for the council. ON a small note, I like the idea of being able to choose certain items in the member's pack. Over here, the scarves are useless but I never thought the logistics could be organised enough to achieve this. So...cool bananas to whomever did this!

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
I agree. Thanks to Mitch who has taken the trouble of getting involved and reporting back to us.

As for those that simply constantly moan about the same crap week in week out - I am totally sick of it and have thought (many times recently) about leaving this site. However, there are enough sensible/decent posters here to keep me coming back.

I'm not saying that there isn't a lot to bitch and moan about - there is. However, there are some that just go on and on about the same things and it's really boring and irritating - I read the words and immediately know the poster.

Sorry for bitching and moaning myself, but I just wanted to thank Mitch for reporting back - some news is better than no news and at least the club is trying!

FFS moaning about the other moaners makes you just as bad. Everyone is entitled to their opinions including you., You don't have to agree with it, after all that's what makes you an individual, right?

If it was me, rather than bitching about what others post I would click the ignore button and choose what you want to and don't want to read like most that read silvertails, sorry had to be said.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
So the membership council is about sales and marketing strategies?
This is all about sales as Manly's onfield results now match their front office mess :cool:

The 5 game membership is hardly a stretch on buying 2 x 3 game ones,unless the price is drastically reduced.
The 2 for 1 Try Stand seats will help a few hundred people although many oldies are single seat buyers nowdays.

Feel for the Membership Sales people :tmi:

brad

First Grader
UP to you, but you can place individual members on an ignore list if you think all they do is say the same thing over and over and over and over again. You can also take them off said list at any stage. But, different people, different opinions. It can be a interesting study in the human psyche!

Thanks @Mitch (and the others) for reporting back and giving up your valuable time, once again, for the council. ON a small note, I like the idea of being able to choose certain items in the member's pack. Over here, the scarves are useless but I never thought the logistics could be organised enough to achieve this. So...cool bananas to whomever did this!
Thats it put them on the ignore list , ive got about 127 on it including myself.

Mitch

Bencher
So the membership council is about sales and marketing strategies?

A portion of what we look to do as a group is provide feedback around what we as members want from game day experience, membership packages and their inclusions etc, which to be honest, if they weren’t asking these sorts of questions when they have a captured audience such as this, I would be disappointed. I’m quite happy to be asked what we as members want.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thanks for attending @Mitch, even though you have been sworn to secrecy it's good to have some level of feedback from our ST member reps.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Mitch covers it all pretty well, a few thoughts;

There was a far bit more that the forum, Lyall specifically asked us not to share some of the details (we have also signed NDAs).
If some of the details got public at this stage it could be quite damaging. It will be common knowledge when it is the right time.

I can say that for those who think the club is sitting around doing nothing then you are barking up the wrong tree. The future is very positive if everything goes as planned. Whether it be Lottoland, Members options, community engagement etc

The council is not about sales for the club but obviously what a key objective is to ensure what the club offers to fans/members is in line with their expectations etc - some of that stuff they do sell believe it or not.

At least Members do have a chance to have a say in the club these days and the questions asked to Lyall were read straight off here,

Tooves - there will be an effort to engage with the great man and hopefully bring back to the fold

Eagles Angels - as above.

Coaching - I think you could say we are no longer looking - quote was we will be ‘very happy’.

Would love to share more specifics but i fully understand what we have been asked not to.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Mitch covers it all pretty well, a few thoughts;

There was a far bit more that the forum, Lyall specifically asked us not to share some of the details (we have also signed NDAs).
If some of the details got public at this stage it could be quite damaging. It will be common knowledge when it is the right time.

I can say that for those who think the club is sitting around doing nothing then you are barking up the wrong tree. The future is very positive if everything goes as planned. Whether it be Lottoland, Members options, community engagement etc

The council is not about sales for the club but obviously what a key objective is to ensure what the club offers to fans/members is in line with their expectations etc - some of that stuff they do sell believe it or not.

At least Members do have a chance to have a say in the club these days and the questions asked to Lyall were read straight off here,

Tooves - there will be an effort to engage with the great man and hopefully bring back to the fold

Eagles Angels - as above.

Coaching - I think you could say we are no longer looking - quote was we will be ‘very happy’.

Would love to share more specifics but i fully understand what we have been asked not to.
So long as Manly ger their shyte together by Round 1, 2019, I have no issues with the NDAs etc :lipssealed::D

Thanks for the feedback in any case @Mitch and @The Wheel

giphy.gif

lurker

Beaver lover
End of the day, this is an open forum, designed to discuss the on and off field activities of all things Sea Eagles.

In that case, what is it exactly you want here? People to write B.S. , and pretend everything is positive and flowers, to help you achieve inner peace and harmony?

Are we to ignore the on and off field dramas, pretend they aren't happening, and praise the Penn's and Gorman for all their unfulfilled commitments, because they shared the fact they are trying?

There are only so many subject matters to speak about one team. That subject matter is driven by activity, results, culture and decisions both on and off the field.

I've seen people (the more critical of the club like me, yes) be very positive around certain aspects of the team (like Elgey, Kelly & others in my view).

There are current affairs adversely affecting our club. As Ken Arthurson, and other statesmen have claimed, this may be the lowest eb for our team both on and off the field (equalled our worst ever season in our history loss wise).

Mate, if you expect to come on given all the inner mechanations, requiring positivity and optimism, then yes, maybe the forum isn't for you right now?

Remember, there are a lot of outstanding matters here hardcore, desperate, passionate fans are waiting to be resolved. When that occurs, I'm sure you'll see the flavour of the forum improve. Until that stage though, surely in 2018, you're open minded and not naive enough to think people will share their disappointment, and frustration in what is very obviously a regression in their hobby / passion?
I think he might be more referring to even when Mitch or someone comes on here with positive or positive leaning news you still death ride him. I’ve been saying for months (because I know for a fact) that the coe and Brookie isn’t a diarama fest. It’s actually happening and every time I do there’s a group of people that just shout me down.

Fact is it’s a decent (large and expensive) piece of construction and gov due diligence means bits and pieces of the construction are in and out of scope. So it’s a negotiation on the plans before they break ground

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
I should just add we (the council) don’t know any more about coaching structure than what I said above

Blake A

Reserve Grader
So basically nothing new at all from the members forum then?
Geez mate...
End of the day, this is an open forum, designed to discuss the on and off field activities of all things Sea Eagles.

In that case, what is it exactly you want here? People to write B.S. , and pretend everything is positive and flowers, to help you achieve inner peace and harmony?

Are we to ignore the on and off field dramas, pretend they aren't happening, and praise the Penn's and Gorman for all their unfulfilled commitments, because they shared the fact they are trying?

There are only so many subject matters to speak about one team. That subject matter is driven by activity, results, culture and decisions both on and off the field.

I've seen people (the more critical of the club like me, yes) be very positive around certain aspects of the team (like Elgey, Kelly & others in my view).

There are current affairs adversely affecting our club. As Ken Arthurson, and other statesmen have claimed, this may be the lowest eb for our team both on and off the field (equalled our worst ever season in our history loss wise).

Mate, if you expect to come on given all the inner mechanations, requiring positivity and optimism, then yes, maybe the forum isn't for you right now?

Remember, there are a lot of outstanding matters here hardcore, desperate, passionate fans are waiting to be resolved. When that occurs, I'm sure you'll see the flavour of the forum improve. Until that stage though, surely in 2018, you're open minded and not naive enough to think people will share their disappointment, and frustration in what is very obviously a regression in their hobby / passion?
Mate.... when Mitch has taken time out of his life to go to the meeting and then report back to us..... and all you can post in return is ....'so basically nothing new at all from the members forum then?' - are you really surprised that people get sick of the negativity? People are all for constructive questioning, but your post that I refer to above actually comes across as disrespectful to Mitch, even if your point is valid. No hard feelings. I've been put in my place on this site too. :)

Ryan

Journey Man
Geez mate...

Mate.... when Mitch has taken time out of his life to go to the meeting and then report back to us..... and all you can post in return is ....'so basically nothing new at all from the members forum then?' - are you really surprised that people get sick of the negativity? People are all for constructive questioning, but your post that I refer to above actually comes across as disrespectful to Mitch, even if your point is valid. No hard feelings. I've been put in my place on this site too. :)
My complaint is about Penn and the club. I have 0 complaints about any posters (especially those who contribute) on this site.

I want that to be clear.

When I used to contribute on the site with sharing, I got ridiculed, bagged and teased for years about doing so, so I gave up, I get it

What I'm after from the club, is RESULTS. Not talk. I openly shared before each meeting that the most they'll get is more talk with no results, and that's come to fruition, so my opinion was correct.

That being said, from what I've been reading, things HAVE occured behind the scenes now, so I'm happy to wait and see.

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15