Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

tookey

First Grader
I would love to let the cat out of the bag but....
The fans are not going to be happy if this comes true Taylor failed at his previous 3 clubs and roosters didn't even want him as an assistant coach next year

He could bring back the northern eagles spirit

New contender emerges for Sea Eagles gig

Jason Taylor has thrown his hat into the ring for the Manly coaching job - and may just prove the dark horse in the race.

With Michael Maguire knocking the Sea Eagles back last week and assistant coach John Cartwright seemingly out of favour, Taylor is in with a real chance.

The former goalkicking halfback has plenty of experience and his stocks have risen in the wake of the Roosters’ grand final win, where he was attacking coach.

Prior to that, he had mixed stints as head coach of Parramatta, Souths and Wests Tigers.

Ironically, the Roosters demoted Taylor just before the finals for 2019 to coaching Manly’s former arch rivals North Sydney in the NSW Cup.

Taylor will be replaced as Trent Robinson’s assistant coach by Adam O’Brien, who joins the Roosters after 11 seasons at Melbourne.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...-nrl-job/3d017662-fa3c-4ad7-9574-e77ca047ea09

tookey

First Grader
Former North Sydney legend

His players love him

images

Last edited:

Bird of Prey

Reserve Grader
G’day guys,

Just getting home from tonight’s meeting and it was certainly positive. Those questions asked over the past few days on this thread were raised and I will do my best to touch on those - There are points spoken about which are asked to be kept within the meeting, which I have to respect.

+ There will hopefully be some positive news next week around a coaching appointment, nothing further was devuldged which is as to be expected. Again off the back of the member forum it is expected members will see it as a positive appointment.

+ The Eagles Angels and looking to bring ex players back into the fold we’re topics highlighted, along with significantly reconnecting with long term members and fans that have become some what disillusioned. I can’t go into any real detail but Lyall and the team had positive things to say around those points and they are acutely aware of some of the damage that needs repairing.

+ The centre of excellence really seems to be a reality rather than a pipe dream.

+ The news item around Tom and Jake that ran tonight is rubbish.

I’m sorry I can’t go into more detail for everyone but I do honestly come out of these meetings feeling that my voice was heard as a member. Feel free to add anything else you heard over the phone @The Wheel
Thanks Mitch appreciate any info good or bad , I don’t buy into the whole centre of excellence stuff as long as you have good medical staff and trainers with a gym that should be enough. Nothing new in the coaching saga doesn’t surprise and we all know turbos are going anywhere at the moment , we await more developments.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Be interesting to see the clubs reaction if another two or three of the hacks come out supporting the Taylor story.

To be honest I can’t see it having wings, but I could be wrong.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
Does anyone know the date the auto renewal for memberships is? Almost seems like stretching out to that and then making announcements... Im not saying that's the case but seems like its always shortly, or next week etc.

Hopefully we get something very shortly and thanks to @Mitch and @The Wheel for the updates

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
I can't see too many links from Manly to Taylor in the article. Looks like the Mole trying to connect dots that don't even exist.
Think this is just more 9 BS with their anti Manly agenda.
If he has just come into the equation then it is total BS - it was done over the weekend.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Does anyone know the date the auto renewal for memberships is? Almost seems like stretching out to that and then making announcements... Im not saying that's the case but seems like its always shortly, or next week etc.

Hopefully we get something very shortly and thanks to @Mitch and @The Wheel for the updates
October 10 they go on sale so keep an eye out this week- heaps more info on the club website and app

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
It that wanker Taylor gets the job. My membership which had run since 2002 will not be renewed.
The fans are not going to be happy if this comes true Taylor failed at his previous 3 clubs and roosters didn't even want him as an assistant coach next year

He could bring back the northern eagles spirit

New contender emerges for Sea Eagles gig

Jason Taylor has thrown his hat into the ring for the Manly coaching job - and may just prove the dark horse in the race.

With Michael Maguire knocking the Sea Eagles back last week and assistant coach John Cartwright seemingly out of favour, Taylor is in with a real chance.

The former goalkicking halfback has plenty of experience and his stocks have risen in the wake of the Roosters’ grand final win, where he was attacking coach.

Prior to that, he had mixed stints as head coach of Parramatta, Souths and Wests Tigers.

Ironically, the Roosters demoted Taylor just before the finals for 2019 to coaching Manly’s former arch rivals North Sydney in the NSW Cup.

Taylor will be replaced as Trent Robinson’s assistant coach by Adam O’Brien, who joins the Roosters after 11 seasons at Melbourne.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...-nrl-job/3d017662-fa3c-4ad7-9574-e77ca047ea09

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Here is a conspiracy theory. Don't announce the coach until after the October 22 Auto Members Renewal kicks in and trap a fair few members before any bad news.

Just a thought, I would hope its not that way...but who would know at the moment how they think.

Bill Hamilton

Reserve Grader
FMD if they are looking at Taylor they should look at the coach whose team had the best defensive record in the Toowoomba Comp, the Warwick Cowboys. The same coach who is being head hunted by Red Star Belgrade from the Balkan Super League, who hope to join Britain's League One in 2020. The coach who took the Gold Coast Chargers to a semi final.

Of course it is Phil Economidis, who succinctly summed up coaching at the top level when he said, "coaching’s like juggling three balls and hoping two of them aren’t yours".

HappilyManly

Journey Man

Ring them as yesterday there was a tweet about changes to the types of ticketed memberships.

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/10/07/2019-membership-news/

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
@Mitch @The Wheel any crumbs for us poor peasants regarding player retention / recruitment ?? something ??? anything ??? @:)

Will we be active in the market ?? I assume that since we have had all year to prepare for the worst case outcome on salary cap appeal then they should be ready to implement whatever Plan B was. I'm not hoping for names here just wondering what the plans are.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
14 8 6 60 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18