Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I would like to see a statement/question of some sort along the lines of;

"Lyall, if Cartwright is appointed head coach it would be an unmitigated PR disaster for the club, one only has to read the ST forum to realise a majority of members there are against that appointment. I hope the club is exploring every available experienced 1st grade coach including Toovey and Hasler".

Sorry it's a bit clumsy, but I sure you all get what I am trying to express.

Is it too late for a last minute question ?? are the Turbo bros leaving ??

@Mitch along the lines of what @Budgewoi Eagle was talking about, I'd like to ask what the club is doing to mend bridges with former coaches and players to restore old wounds and get them re-involved with the club. Getting Matt Ballin on board is a positive step but there's much more healing to do. I know it goes both ways with Des as the way he left let everyone down. The treatment of Tooves was incredibly wrong and all fans would love to have the guy back on board and from all reports he'd love to be there. The club would gain a lot of respect if they appointed Tooves in some capacity. Stubborness needs to go out the window if they're serious about getting the culture of Manly back on track.
II think what they tigpies did with Benji and Farah was a great move in mending old wounds. Brought back two old fan favourites to end their careers where they started. I know we don't have current old players that could strap on the boots but if bridges were mended with ex-players it would be a step in the right direction.

@Mitch likewise the above as per @niccipops and @Budgewoi Eagle, I think its a great question requiring an answer
I actually sent an email asking this question a few weeks ago, and also wanted it addressed at the forum, the silence is deafening, but would really love to hear their spin on it.
Thanks in advance

@Mitch along the lines of what @Budgewoi Eagle was talking about, I'd like to ask what the club is doing to mend bridges with former coaches and players to restore old wounds and get them re-involved with the club. Getting Matt Ballin on board is a positive step but there's much more healing to do. I know it goes both ways with Des as the way he left let everyone down. The treatment of Tooves was incredibly wrong and all fans would love to have the guy back on board and from all reports he'd love to be there. The club would gain a lot of respect if they appointed Tooves in some capacity. Stubborness needs to go out the window if they're serious about getting the culture of Manly back on track.
II think what they tigpies did with Benji and Farah was a great move in mending old wounds. Brought back two old fan favourites to end their careers where they started. I know we don't have current old players that could strap on the boots but if bridges were mended with ex-players it would be a step in the right direction.
Head of the football dept would be the ideal role for Tooves.
Whatever he says goes for coaches and players alike.
And management can stay the f*ck away.
See if they are big enough or smart enough for that.
I think I already know...

G’day guys,

Just getting home from tonight’s meeting and it was certainly positive. Those questions asked over the past few days on this thread were raised and I will do my best to touch on those - There are points spoken about which are asked to be kept within the meeting, which I have to respect.

+ There will hopefully be some positive news next week around a coaching appointment, nothing further was devuldged which is as to be expected. Again off the back of the member forum it is expected members will see it as a positive appointment.

+ The Eagles Angels and looking to bring ex players back into the fold we’re topics highlighted, along with significantly reconnecting with long term members and fans that have become some what disillusioned. I can’t go into any real detail but Lyall and the team had positive things to say around those points and they are acutely aware of some of the damage that needs repairing.

+ The centre of excellence really seems to be a reality rather than a pipe dream.

+ The news item around Tom and Jake that ran tonight is rubbish.

I’m sorry I can’t go into more detail for everyone but I do honestly come out of these meetings feeling that my voice was heard as a member. Feel free to add anything else you heard over the phone @The Wheel

G’day guys,

Just getting home from tonight’s meeting and it was certainly positive. Those questions asked over the past few days on this thread were raised and I will do my best to touch on those - There are points spoken about which are asked to be kept within the meeting, which I have to respect.

+ There will hopefully be some positive news next week around a coaching appointment, nothing further was devuldged which is as to be expected. Again off the back of the member forum it is expected members will see it as a positive appointment.

+ The Eagles Angels and looking to bring ex players back into the fold we’re topics highlighted, along with significantly reconnecting with long term members and fans that have become some what disillusioned. I can’t go into any real detail but Lyall and the team had positive things to say around those points and they are acutely aware of some of the damage that needs repairing.

+ The centre of excellence really seems to be a reality rather than a pipe dream.

I’m sorry I can’t go into more detail for everyone but I do honestly come out of these meetings feeling that my voice was heard as a member. Feel free to add anything else you heard over the phone @The Wheel
Thanks so much for that Mitch.
Let's blame @Mark from Brisbane for not knowing about a coach until #nextweek!
Re the Eagles Angels - did you get a sense he knew who and what they really were? Did you sense any sort of emotion from him? Regret? Frustration? Deflection?
I only ask because I don't think he was even in League when they existed.

Thanks so much for that Mitch.
Let's blame @Mark from Brisbane for not knowing about a coach until #nextweek!
Re the Eagles Angels - did you get a sense he knew who and what they really were? Did you sense any sort of emotion from him? Regret? Frustration? Deflection?
I only ask because I don't think he was even in League when they existed.

Acutely aware of who they are and the influence they had mate.

G’day guys,

Thanks @Mitch for sharing and being positive. I know you you cant go into details but did they have timeline about mending bridges with past players and bring them in etc ?.It is one thing we really need to improve for the culture and I think a positive that at least it is being discussed, hopefully it can be actioned.
Out of curiosity in these meetings do you have an action sheet for for tick off of accomplished outcomes to report on for next meeting or is it less formal ?
Thanks again@Mitch for giving up your time

So basically nothing new at all from the members forum then?

There were definitely different points of discussion around those topics I mentioned like Eagles Angels etc, unfortunately as much as I’d love to go into great details on everything, I can’t mate (not what you want to hear, I know).

A lot of the focus of these meetings is on membership value and packages etc, and the new release has shown that they have listened to us as a group which for me as a member of the council is reassuring (5 game memberships to fill the void between the 3 and 10 game options, plus a lot more variety and flexibility with the offerings).

G’day guys,

Thanks for the feedback mate. Any discussion on updating members/fans on departing players ?? Any news in the wind on contract extensions that we have been waiting for since January ??

There were definitely different points of discussion around those topics I mentioned like Eagles Angels etc, unfortunately as much as I’d love to go into great details on everything, I can’t mate (not what you want to hear, I know).

A lot of the focus of these meetings is on membership value and packages etc, and the new release has shown that they have listened to us as a group which for me as a member of the council is reassuring (5 game memberships to fill the void between the 3 and 10 game options, plus a lot more variety and flexibility with the offerings).

So the membership council is about sales and marketing strategies?

Thanks Mitch. Love the info and feedback as someone who lives interstate and can't make it to members nights.

I love the positivity you spread.
This place is a miserable whingers haven at times and it's great reading your posts.
Cheers.

I agree. Thanks to Mitch who has taken the trouble of getting involved and reporting back to us.

As for those that simply constantly moan about the same crap week in week out - I am totally sick of it and have thought (many times recently) about leaving this site. However, there are enough sensible/decent posters here to keep me coming back.

I'm not saying that there isn't a lot to bitch and moan about - there is. However, there are some that just go on and on about the same things and it's really boring and irritating - I read the words and immediately know the poster.

Sorry for bitching and moaning myself, but I just wanted to thank Mitch for reporting back - some news is better than no news and at least the club is trying!

I agree. Thanks to Mitch who has taken the trouble of getting involved and reporting back to us.

As for those that simply constantly moan about the same crap week in week out - I am totally sick of it and have thought (many times recently) about leaving this site. However, there are enough sensible/decent posters here to keep me coming back.

I'm not saying that there isn't a lot to bitch and moan about - there is. However, there are some that just go on and on about the same things and it's really boring and irritating - I read the words and immediately know the poster.

Sorry for bitching and moaning myself, but I just wanted to thank Mitch for reporting back - some news is better than no news and at least the club is trying!

End of the day, this is an open forum, designed to discuss the on and off field activities of all things Sea Eagles.

In that case, what is it exactly you want here? People to write B.S. , and pretend everything is positive and flowers, to help you achieve inner peace and harmony?

Are we to ignore the on and off field dramas, pretend they aren't happening, and praise the Penn's and Gorman for all their unfulfilled commitments, because they shared the fact they are trying?

There are only so many subject matters to speak about one team. That subject matter is driven by activity, results, culture and decisions both on and off the field.

I've seen people (the more critical of the club like me, yes) be very positive around certain aspects of the team (like Elgey, Kelly & others in my view).

There are current affairs adversely affecting our club. As Ken Arthurson, and other statesmen have claimed, this may be the lowest eb for our team both on and off the field (equalled our worst ever season in our history loss wise).

Mate, if you expect to come on given all the inner mechanations, requiring positivity and optimism, then yes, maybe the forum isn't for you right now?

Remember, there are a lot of outstanding matters here hardcore, desperate, passionate fans are waiting to be resolved. When that occurs, I'm sure you'll see the flavour of the forum improve. Until that stage though, surely in 2018, you're open minded and not naive enough to think people will share their disappointment, and frustration in what is very obviously a regression in their hobby / passion?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11