Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
They might see that as a positive!!
If I'm a Manly player, who 99% of the time go out on the darts, Indian bongs, grog, and laugh it up (with the coach) after each loss upon loss, I'd be over the moon, too.

What employee wants a hard arse that will make and keep you accountable, when you could have laid back , cheap as chips Carty, who'll meet you down at the Harbord Hilton, and share a laugh, dart and 26 schooners after Parra (wooden spooners) put almost 50 past you?

What amazes me, is Cartwright's attitude at The Panthers game a year and a half ago laughing at Trent. You ever seen Bellamy's box when The Storm are getting done over (the rare times). His assistant is just as pissed off and intense.

It's about benchmarks and standards. Cartwright (and this is fact) has applied for many roles unsuccessfully here in his tenure the past few years, so he doesn't REALLY want to be here.

X Titans job (knocked back - didn't even get an interview)
X NSW role (knocked back) - not even in the picture according to NRL of Fox
X Spoke to Panthers - was not in the picture.

I completely get why The Players want him and Ferris. Life is, and will be easy. I get why Penn wants him. Cheapest option, then won't have to buy his assistant role out. Chad would continue as his assistant (again, no loss of coin).

Makes sense...but for all the wrong reasons. It will show they aren't bothered about culture and winning. It'll show its all about bottom line, nothing else. In that instance, if they don't care (despite the lip service Gorman's going to bleat on Wednesday that everyone will lap up, like he's a hero), why should fans care?

That's where I stand right now.

If I'm a Manly player, who 99% of the time go out on the darts, Indian bongs, grog, and laugh it up (with the coach) after each loss upon loss, I'd be over the moon, too.

What employee wants a hard arse that will make and keep you accountable, when you could have laid back , cheap as chips Carty, who'll meet you down at the Harbord Hilton, and share a laugh, dart and 26 schooners after Parra (wooden spooners) put almost 50 past you?

What amazes me, is Cartwright's attitude at The Panthers game a year and a half ago laughing at Trent. You ever seen Bellamy's box when The Storm are getting done over (the rare times). His assistant is just as pissed off and intense.

It's about benchmarks and standards. Cartwright (and this is fact) has applied for many roles unsuccessfully here in his tenure the past few years, so he doesn't REALLY want to be here.

X Titans job (knocked back - didn't even get an interview)
X NSW role (knocked back) - not even in the picture according to NRL of Fox
X Spoke to Panthers - was not in the picture.

I completely get why The Players want him and Ferris. Life is, and will be easy. I get why Penn wants him. Cheapest option, then won't have to buy his assistant role out. Chad would continue as his assistant (again, no loss of coin).

Makes sense...but for all the wrong reasons. It will show they aren't bothered about culture and winning. It'll show its all about bottom line, nothing else. In that instance, if they don't care (despite the lip service Gorman's going to bleat on Wednesday that everyone will lap up, like he's a hero), why should fans care?

That's where I stand right now.

I get that 100%, no in fact 110%.

BUT

I’m thinking Lyall knows that too, and to call a fan forum to have nothing more than smokes and mirrors is going to backfire spectacularly!!

So let’s see.

If it’s as you predict I’ll join the @Ryan bandwagon too, in fact many on here will BUT let’s see first.

I notice that the latest membership email lists a members council meeting for tomorrow night. I wonder if one of our councilors could see if there might be some way that the club would be able to confirm players that have left the club. I understand that some of them may still be in negotiation and commercially sensitive, but if a player is definitely not being made an offer for next year it'd be nice to know where our roster situation sits. I'm thinking mainly of Lewis Brown, Matt Wright and Croker.

Also now that the salary cap issue has "been put behind us" could they give an indication of a timeframe on confirming status of rumoured extensions for Api, Siro, Jetski and Suli ??

I notice that the latest membership email lists a members council meeting for tomorrow night. I wonder if one of our councilors could see if there might be some way that the club would be able to confirm players that have left the club. I understand that some of them may still be in negotiation and commercially sensitive, but if a player is definitely not being made an offer for next year it'd be nice to know where our roster situation sits. I'm thinking mainly of Lewis Brown, Matt Wright and Croker.

Also now that the salary cap issue has "been put behind us" could they give an indication of a timeframe on confirming status of rumoured extensions for Api, Siro, Jetski and Suli ??

Good post ... Also the status of Jade Anderson ....... tell them we have a very cranky Bear waiting for news .....

I have a feeling Croker is still with us

Can one of the councillors also ask why the club (Penn) got rid of the eagle angels?
Legit question but what did the eagles angels do? Other than a group of high profile women hanging out in a box on game day.

I’m genuinely asking the question. I’ve never really seen a straight answer

Legit question but what did the eagles angels do? Other than a group of high profile women hanging out in a box on game day.

I’m genuinely asking the question. I’ve never really seen a straight answer
A few others here would be more qualified to respond but I believe that they were responsible for getting Kaspersky on board as a sponsor for one They also lifted the profile of the club and created a lot of good will

Last edited:
I’ll be there at tomorrow nights meeting and am happy to put forward those listed above questions guys.
Thanks Mitch. I'd also be really interested to know (if you can find a way of phrasing it), if they're aware of the emptiness many fans feel and the perception that we are no longer 'Manly' and how this began with the sacking of Tooves.
I'd really be interested in their response.

A few others here would be more qualified to respond but I believe that they were responsible for getting Kaspersky on board as a sponsor for one The lifted the profile of the club and created a lot of good will
Right. So did that good will get us anything?

Thanks for providing that. Seems they did a lot early on but it doesn’t really clarify beyond some very general statements anything after delmege. I can’t find them as a registered charity and I’ve actually been quite impressed with things like renaming brookie for a game day to support the Jane Mcgrath foundation.

Personally I’d prefer any money to go into junior league or straight into charities rather than into paying for a box. I think if you have a high profile and you enjoy something then you have a duty to contribute to it not just cause you get to hang out in a box on game day.

Maybe that’s just me being cynical but I don’t see why they couldn’t have continued to exist as a supporter organisation? I mean silvertails does

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8