Matt Ballin to replace Dan Ferris?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m sure certain fans will be happy to keep a ‘looker’ on the coaching staff.

Ballin for Baz must be an upgrade is he not?

Maybe Ballin can give Barrett his gig on Lowe’s adds or pitch us a better sponsorship.. ;)

My mate is good mates with Kitey, and he said he would love to help out, and he would even do it for nothing, thats how much he still loves the place.Thats the people we need to surround the club with, people that still bleed Manly. To also add to this.The game the rorters flogged, us apparently Kitey wanted to get on the next plane down here to see if he could help in anyway. He didnt like what was happening down here at the club
Kitey would jump at a chance to be involved in any way and would be the best for the club, Only thing stopping him was that he is passionate, honest and tells it how it is, some powers that be don't like that.

It's a funny situation at the moment. Marty was definitely shopped around earlier in the year so it appears that Baz and Marty had issues with each other. I get the impression he wants out. However, McGuire is the NZ coach and if he ends up coaching at Manly, that could be our trump card for keeping Taupau...who knows?!

If McGuire ends up at Manly, I imagine Walker is long odds to stay put. I'm pretty sure he left Souths to get away from McGuire's hard nosed approach. In saying that, Walker is a bit older now and probably more mature. Maybe it could be a Griffin/Wallace situation where old fences are mended.

If we can't land McGuire and we end up with Cartwright, I can see Taupau walking and our roster will be pretty poor next year. If we land McGuire, I can see him restructuring our roster as he makes moves to build the type of team he wants; similar to the way that Bozo shipped players in and out when Barrett first took over.

I can see why McGuire would want to coach at Manly. The two Trbo's, DCE, Taupau, AFB and Koroisau (who played under Madge in a GF at Souths) are the nucleus of a strong roster. The sticking point will probably be coin.

In terms of Madge's coaching philosophy...I think structure is not the real problem. I think the bash and barge in attack and wrestle in D still works. All four teams left in the competition are the teams with the pack that wins the play-the-ball. However, McGuire is intense and I think Souths suffered a premiership hangover and the players just needed someone new to motivate them. I am basing this off the fact that the Burgess boys can hold the football now. That has nothing to do with structure. They were dropping it because their heads weren't in the game. They'd all grown mentally tired of the McGuire regime and needed a new dialogue.
Don't ask me to find it, but I do recall Dylan being quoted as saying he would have no problem if McGuire was appointed coach, or in fact anyone who gets the gig.

@Mark from Brisbane you forgot to tell @Snake about not talking about the rumour were not supposed to talk about.

Madge a strong possibility for coach next year....

Classic!!

I promised my contact I wouldn’t say anything , and one thing I can do is “ keep a promise “.

To be 100% honest I never believed my scoop, thought it was a very long shot.

@Snake though has an out of work coach , now that’s a very different kettle of fish!!

Correction noted however how does he suddenly disappear (and I think he re-signed after Barrett resigned), Something doesn’t add up re Ballin replacing Ferris,

Ballin as the trainer, Randall as assistant and Madge as coach? It's a Silvertail's Christmas 3 months early.
Did you say early Christmas? Not if Ebenezer's Penn has its way..

images (1).jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6