Matt Ballin to replace Dan Ferris?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
Interesting snippet from Danny Weidler’s column today. I dare say this would make plenty of people happy, none more so than @Ryan !

Very interesting given the club had just re-signed him.

Eagles ring changes, but Barrett out of the loop
Trent Barrett is continuing his war with what will be his former club as the changes begin at Manly.
Barrett has continued to fulfil his role as coach, but we’ve been told Dan Ferris – the trainer alleged to have bullied Willie Peters to the point Peters whacked him in a pub – is set to leave the club. Sea Eagles stalwart Matt Ballin is line for a job.

The club has also let go exciting young prospect Tom Wright.

Ferris’ exit, Wright’s departure and the potential hiring of Ballin have all been done without the consent of Barrett, which is a clear indication he won’t be coach next season and has no power.

The Barrett camp has instructed its legal team to watch every move the club is making believing the Sea Eagles may be in breach of contract because decisions are being made without the coach’s approval. Obviously, Manly assistant John Cartwright is happy with the changes, as he is the most likely next coach.

The whole situation is a mess and the sooner Barrett cuts some kind of deal the better.

The Ballin situation is an interesting one. He is a qualified personal trainer, has a teaching degree and has the makings of an excellent coach. He also had a playing career that gives him respect and communication skills. He is one to keep an eye on.

I’m surprised by it because I believe his wife has established her Physiotherapy set up recently in Brisbane - but I imagine it has legs as I highly doubt Weidler has just run with the story without some substance.
Matt is was at most of our home games this season even apart from the Golden Eagles and 2008 reunion games.

I’m surprised by it because I believe his wife has established her Physiotherapy set up recently in Brisbane - but I imagine it has legs as I highly doubt Weidler has just run with the story without some substance.
I spoke to him about their move to Qld a few months ago and he said that they've realized that the Peninsula is where they all want to be.

Hopefully Manly have the good sense to see the immense value of this wonderfull man on and off the field :nod:

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8