Manly's survival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Your logic is applauded, however I don’t trust the NRL to do anything in the interests of fans.
$$$ is their only master
Manly do need to market more effectively in the Northern regions of Sydney though. Difficult prospect though.
If Manly are renamed, relocated or kicked out, I will be done with the NRL.
Exactly what he said !

This current TV deal takes us up to 2022 inclusive, it would be irrelevant to admit just one new side , more likely they would have to include two new teams in order to have more bargaining power negotiating the next deal, however this would have to be done well before the current deal finishes, and I would doubt it very much if they would be able to admit two new teams in that time frame.
As for relocation, I doubt that they will force a club to, relocate unless it's voluntary, it would drag on for years in the courts if a club decided to fight it.

How many juniors from Melbourne or Victoria in 20+ years of the Storm's existence have actually become NRL players? 2? 3?

Top junior talent that they buy or recruit from Queensland, 'Queensland' or NZ does not count.

I wonder when that question will actually be asked at NRL HQ.

They couldn’t care less about that!!

The Roosters have been riding on a crest of success for six years now and good players tend to gravitate to successful clubs, even on slightly reduced contracts, whereas if we were to get a marquis player now, we would probably have to pay overs to get, it's the rugby league cycle, as they say, nothing succeeds like success.
You are missing the my point ....

I was not talking about marque players mate . I was talking about marque club membership support .

Our club membership support even in those successful cycle years of ours has always been around 10k making our club the least supported club of all where it counts most and that is in club membership loyal support .

They couldn’t care less about that!!

Sadly mate unlike the few loyal and passionate committed club members like your self that make up around 11k committed Manly Sea eagles club members making our club the least supported in the NRL

Most of the Manly people seem not to care about that as well

I wish we had more loyal , committed and passionate supporters like you

At the end of the day it is all about the passion of your club

Who ever is reading this . How passionate are you about our Manly club ?

index.jpg

You are missing the my point ....

I was not talking about marque players mate . I was talking about marque club membership support .

Our club membership support even in those successful cycle years of ours has always been around 10k making our club the least supported club of all where it counts most and that is in club membership loyal support .
No doubt about it, our club is the least supported in membership , I suppose a lot of factors come into this, one factor would be the changing of the demographics of the area.
The traditional supporters who once lived in the area, have either died or moved on, and even their children have probably moved on due to the unaffordability of the area.
I suppose a factor in all of this is that for six decades Manly was a premier club and success followed success, sometimes fans are fickle and are not prepared to follow a club that's been languishing at the bottom rather than the top, and apathy sets in.
Souths were in the same situation, their success was way in the past, always financially stretched and poor crowds, it wasn't until they were thrown out of the competition that all of their fans came out of the woodwork when they realised their team was gone.
When we played a grand final qualifier in 2013, I caught a bus from the Sutherland Shire to ANZ Stadium, the bus was almost full of Souths supporters, with me the only Manly supporter, amongst the Souths fans there were kids of various ages and I thought to myself, how the fark does Souths get so many fans, even in the Shire.
I've been following Manly for well over fifty years and even in the past when they used to have the match of the day at the SCG, there would always be a crowd of around 25,000 at every game, and that's when Sydney's population was just on 3 million, I suppose Pay TV and night football has changed all of that today.
For us to be viable we really need a membership base of at least 15,000, perhaps the club is to blame here for lack of marketing, who knows?

No doubt about it, our club is the least supported in membership , I suppose a lot of factors come into this, one factor would be the changing of the demographics of the area.
The traditional supporters who once lived in the area, have either died or moved on, and even their children have probably moved on due to the unaffordability of the area.
I suppose a factor in all of this is that for six decades Manly was a premier club and success followed success, sometimes fans are fickle and are not prepared to follow a club that's been languishing at the bottom rather than the top, and apathy sets in.
Souths were in the same situation, their success was way in the past, always financially stretched and poor crowds, it wasn't until they were thrown out of the competition that all of their fans came out of the woodwork when they realised their team was gone.
When we played a grand final qualifier in 2013, I caught a bus from the Sutherland Shire to ANZ Stadium, the bus was almost full of Souths supporters, with me the only Manly supporter, amongst the Souths fans there were kids of various ages and I thought to myself, how the fark does Souths get so many fans, even in the Shire.
I've been following Manly for well over fifty years and even in the past when they used to have the match of the day at the SCG, there would always be a crowd of around 25,000 at every game, and that's when Sydney's population was just on 3 million, I suppose Pay TV and night football has changed all of that today.
For us to be viable we really need a membership base of at least 15,000, perhaps the club is to blame here for lack of marketing, who knows?

No excuses . I hate excuses as it makes people complacent and excuses never bring results

I have seen it at the gym for years and I tell every one . Put in or you are going to get nothing out of your time at the gym . Dont waste your money or my time .

No one is to blame except our Manly people .

The Parramatta club take the cake in in house fighting , board corruption and pathetic wooden spoon years over 40 years and they have nearly 3 times more club members than us .

No excuses .

All club supporters know what is required by their club !
index.jpg

How is that surprising when the favourite non footy game of every NRL supporter is hating Manly? It’s been decades. Over that time, several whole new generations have been born into Manly hating households. While we wear the hatred as a badge of honour this will never change.

I personally feel that no Sydney club should be booted and definitely not Manly. I think there should be a second division and all new teams must start there. Promotion and relegation. Win second division your into the NRL, get the wooden spoon in Nrl then down you go..

For argument sake second division could be a 8-10 team competition. 4 teams from Qld , 2 from nsw ( Bears , Newtown? ) and Perth and a second from NZ. 4 team finals..

Several of the previous posts have mentioned a relocation of The Mighty 'Eagles to the Central Coast; as a born and bred Gosford boy (East Gosford to be specific), I think, IMHO, relocating the team to the Coast will not work; no matter that I'd love it.

It didn't work with the ill conceived and executed North Eagles because we're hated by everybody, however loved by all of those who love Rugby League and the way we've traditional played the game, i.e. Silvertails.

The thing with the Coast, is that as we've never had our own team, people support whichever team they feel an affinity with and don't want to have another team forced down their throats by the NRL. Families often have divided loyalties (mine, Dad-the Chooks mostly, with a soft spot for the old Magpies, Mum- Saints since birth, me-The Mighty 'Eagles, brothers- Souths and Tigers); going through school, etc., everybody was the same and nobody will ever change. People moving to the Coast still follow their old team.

However much people like to think resurrecting the Bears will be a success (I'm looking at you Singo), the only way a fulltime NRL team will work, IMHO, is with a new franchise with its own colours, emblem and culture, even then it will take time, at least a generation, until all the old team loyalties have died out.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Agree, we relocated to Copacabana from Narabeen in 1987 and there is no way this region will support a relocated team. It’s got to be a new franchise and a competitive one for it to work. This has been demonstrated by the Mariners debacle.

I personally feel that no Sydney club should be booted and definitely not Manly. I think there should be a second division and all new teams must start there. Promotion and relegation. Win second division your into the NRL, get the wooden spoon in Nrl then down you go..

For argument sake second division could be a 8-10 team competition. 4 teams from Qld , 2 from nsw ( Bears , Newtown? ) and Perth and a second from NZ. 4 team finals..
It sort of works in the UK because the gap between first grade and second grade isn't as vast as what it is here, here the gap between first grade and second grade is light years, and even if you come last in the NRL, you'll still $hit over any side in second division.

The demographics of the Northern Beaches and the North Shore for that matter has changed massively and is NOT a Rugby League demographic and won't ever become one. I lived on the Central Coast for 23 years and I can tell you the vast majority are Sydney refugees with ingrained allegiances to other Sydney teams and the standard hatred of Manly that other team supporters have. Brookie Oval will not ever become anything like Central Coast Stadium which I would have thought will become the barest minimum standard for ALL NRL teams. It saddens me to say it but I think our days are numbered on the Northern Beaches. As long as we remain the Sea Eagles and retain the colours I would rather re-locate than die and I never thought I would say that. The biggest supporter concentration outside of NSW is the South Island of New Zealand and that's where we should go before someone else grabs it. Take the NRL's cash to re-locate and play 2 games a year at Brookie or Central Coast and the remainder in NZ South Island.

Penn has an asset worth $20 million and he will surely re-locate before die and lose that value.

View attachment 10949

I feel your pain mate
Did 2 years in and out of Moomba with weekends in the city and site seeing the joint

Highlife among many us the La Trattioria pizza in King William street and just happens to be next to the barber and peep show shops

I think they own the lot because some of the waitresses look familiar

It is the best of have tasted anywhere in the world( picture pizza maker)

Any way back to funding

Could we raise some capital and auction off any of the Adelaide rams memorabilia?

I still have Rocket Ready’s mouth guard that he was made to wear when it was discovered he was the phantom biter for the dragons

Make money selling off Adelaide Rams memorabilia.......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2