Pre-Game Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
4 Pines Park
04 Jun 2022 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I do not want to sound like Mick but I am not confident at all on this one

Unlike many on here I think DCE bring a heap to our team and I am worried about who will replace him
Warriors are **** BUT we are ripe for the picking!!

joeboy

Bencher
DCE brings lots to the table, it’s just the cutlery he doesn’t even own that’s the issue.

My negativity towards him stems from the fact he just makes wrong decisions to often, he is the captain and senior member of a young team. I just don’t think he plays tough enough anymore in either attack or defence and a leader needs too

Ryan

Journey Man

Unlike many on here I think DCE bring a heap to our team and I am worried about who will replace him

Mate, I'm the opposite. I think there will be much less crabbing, and sidewards play. I think Des will go 6. Schuster, 7. Foran.

Personally I'd go Weekes / Foz, and have a backrow of Olakau'atu, Schuster, Jake Trbojevic.

But we excel when we are direct and at speed. The problem I see is Crokers average speed/service out of dummy half. He gives his all, but he makes the ruck easy to manage for the opposition..

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Mate, I'm the opposite. I think there will be much less crabbing, and sidewards play. I think Des will go 6. Schuster, 7. Foran.

Personally I'd go Weekes / Foz, and have a backrow of Olakau'atu, Schuster, Jake Trbojevic.

But we excel when we are direct and at speed. The problem I see is Crokers average speed/service out of dummy half. He gives his all, but he makes the ruck easy to manage for the opposition..
This is the beauty of the game - we get to see different things.

Either way will be interesting and I am hoping you will be right and I am wrong! As for Weekes when I watched us the other week he spent a bit of time shadowing the 1 role

As much as i love Rubs considering where we are with our season I do not see the harm in throwing him in

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
No signings next season, apart from Tuilagi, which honestly, is more of the same (slow play-the-balls, no impact, no metres, inconsistent) - but he'll fit right in. Oh, and losing the one spark from the bench in Walker. And our best half in Foran. And the forward who historically made more metres on average per season than any other in Taupau.

Great recruitment crusher, Des, Fulton and Warwick.
Too much money invested in 3 or 4 players and as it stands not getting true value from those 3 or 4 players, that's why the outside recruitment drive is pretty ordinary.

Rafferty

Mug punter
The warriors are in all sorts at the moment and we should not only win but win well this weekend.

They have lost there starting front row, how many side can play good footy off the back of that?

There pack is struggling for form, Tohu is fresh from injury, aside from Bunty there’s not much happening.

There halves, where to start, one doesn’t want to play anymore and the other should be allowed too, CHT is a sad story at 23, it’s pretty obvious watching last weekends game his playing with bad things going on in his head, and Shaun should join him, his head and heart aren’t in either, far to say there pack has not helped.

Whats going on at their club? Brownie has lost his way and looks to have no clue, for mine his time is up. The warriors have been through a hell of a lot over the last couple of seasons and I think the full effects are more than obvious, their in dire trouble and if we can’t beat them this weekend at home, then maybe we are in far worse trouble than some will admit, personally I see nothing but a solid win this Saturday. Shut Reece down and they have very little to worry about.

well I am hoping Foran replaces him and Schu plays 5/8 and Davey in the backrow and we will have a much much more solid side

I often feel negative towards DCE but when its close I know who I want to get the ball.

Fact is it could take us 10 years to get half as good as him
yep I am worried. DCE is a real problem now in defence with his indecision and yes he can't lead from the front and needs a dominant forward pack but yes where is our quality half coming from if you ditch him after this year. Foran can replace him this weekend and any game this year... but then what?

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We are in that bad a form wouldn’t surprise me us somehow Finding a way to get beat this weekend

Remy

shuu
I'm excited for Schuster playing in the halves. Feel like DCE has struggled to activate Tolu and at times he's hit or miss with his combination with Haumole. It's because he does too much sideways stuff and is too off the cuff to do structured straight plays to put Tolu and Haumole away. I think Schu being more direct will allow for more space for Haumole and Tolu and they will both have very good games. Warriors also very fragile on their left side defence.

Mitch

Bencher
It’ll be Schuster and Foz in the halves, Humphries is still finding his feet in reserve grade and I can’t see Weekes getting a run this week if he didn’t last week when we resorted to Jorge on the wing.

Even if Walker is out Lawton will take his bench spot.

Eagle thru 'n' thru

Reserve Grader
The warriors are in all sorts at the moment and we should not only win but win well this weekend.

They have lost there starting front row, how many side can play good footy off the back of that?

There pack is struggling for form, Tohu is fresh from injury, aside from Bunty there’s not much happening.

There halves, where to start, one doesn’t want to play anymore and the other should be allowed too, CHT is a sad story at 23, it’s pretty obvious watching last weekends game his playing with bad things going on in his head, and Shaun should join him, his head and heart aren’t in either, far to say there pack has not helped.

Whats going on at their club? Brownie has lost his way and looks to have no clue, for mine his time is up. The warriors have been through a hell of a lot over the last couple of seasons and I think the full effects are more than obvious, their in dire trouble and if we can’t beat them this weekend at home, then maybe we are in far worse trouble than some will admit, personally I see nothing but a solid win this Saturday. Shut Reece down and they have very little to worry about.
Yeah, but Josh Curran, Bailey Sironen and Wayne Egan are suposedly back this week......so watch out Manly..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16