Pre-Game Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
4 Pines Park
04 Jun 2022 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2022]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 4th June 2022

Venue:
.... 4 Pines Park, Brookvale, NSW

Gates Open:.... TBA.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles vs New Zealand Warriors - 7:35pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Reuben Garrick
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Tolutau Koula
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Josh Schuster
07. Kieran Foran

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Andrew Davey
13. Jake Trbojevic (c)

14. Dylan Walker
15. Karl Lawton
16. Martin Taupau
17. Sean Keppie

Replacement:

20. Kurt De Luis.

Reserves:

Out:

18. Taniela Paseka
19. Ethan Bullemor
21. Kaeo Weekes
22. Jorge Taufua.

Available But Not Selected:
  • James Roumanos
  • Viliami Fifita
  • Alec Tuitavake
  • Zac Fulton
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Friday, 03 Jun 2022) * * *

Manly welcome back Jason Saab (toe) and prop Martin Taupau (quad) for their clash with the Warriors at 4 Pines Park while utility Dylan Walker has been named despite suffering a knee injury against the Storm.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Ben Trbojevic (Shoulder, Round 14)
  • Morgan Boyle (Ankle, Indefinite)
  • Brad Parker (Knee, Mid-Season)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Shoulder, Season)

However, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Ben Trbojevic (Shoulder, Round 14)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Shoulder, Next Season)
  • Morgan Boyle (Ankle, Indefinite)
  • Brad Parker (Knee, Indefinite)

Last edited:
Well I know this is a non rocket science statement but this game could go two ways.

1) the same disinterested **** as we’ve seen in the last 2 months.

OR

2) they’ll have a point to prove and come out firing.

Grab a coin , go heads or tails as no one will know to the day !!

Manly v the Warriors are two of the most frustrating teams to watch

Life is a box of chocolates as they say with these two teams as you do not know what you are going to get with each set of play

I hope we play to our potential and come away with the 2 points

We've always had a good record against the Warriors, but that's dropped off over the last couple of years - back to about 50% win ratio. The Warriors are also playing pretty ordinary footy at the moment. Could be a repeat of that cripple battle we had with them last season where we limped to the win with a field goal.

If DCE gets picked for QLD then I hope that Foz gets swapped to the right side in attack. I really want to see if he can get something out of Guac and Koula by playing more direct.

We've always had a good record against the Warriors, but that's dropped off over the last couple of years - back to about 50% win ratio. The Warriors are also playing pretty ordinary footy at the moment. Could be a repeat of that cripple battle we had with them last season where we limped to the win with a field goal.

If DCE gets picked for QLD then I hope that Foz gets swapped to the right side in attack. I really want to see if he can get something out of Guac and Koula by playing more direct.

Yep, been saying that for weeks , fix would turn them both into weapons. Dce has forgotten how to engage the line and hit hole runners.

Not sure if I agree with the betting odds for this one. We're $1.65 and the warriors $2.25, two out of form teams, it really is a flip of a coin

Hate to see blokes injured, but at least now Des can't pick Walker at 6, and will be forced to give Schuster the gig. (Dependant on DCE going to SOO).

Will be interesting this one.

Lose it and we are well and truely in the poop

Will be interesting this one.

Lose it and we are well and truely in the poop
Lose this and we’ll be losing the next 3 for sure !!

14th with a bullet , what a ****ing disaster that will be.

But it’s no more than a toss of the coin

Warriors will win. Likely full strength. Des has all his excuses already lined up.

We are an absolute basket case. I'll watch the replay in the unlikely event we scratch a very rare win.

Warriors will win. Likely full strength. Des has all his excuses already lined up.

We are an absolute basket case. I'll watch the replay in the unlikely event we scratch a very rare win.
Watch it live mate, we'll get a win up this week.

One positive stat for the season, we haven't lost at 4 Pines in 2022 haha!

There will be no excuses, particularly from our forward pack, given that the Warriors have both AFB and obviously Lodge no longer there.

Fingers crossed they pick Shaun Johnson again.

He is absolutely cooked.

This is the beginning of our run home and can only afford one or two slip ups .They will learn from their mistakes in the first half of the season .

Lose this and we’ll be losing the next 3 for sure !!

14th with a bullet , what a ****ing disaster that will be.

But it’s no more than a toss of the coin
Nothing is ever for sure in Rugby League.

Bulldogs beat the Roosters, Tigers beat Parra and Souths.

Lets not get ourselves glum on perceived certainties and take things as they come.

I'm confident against the Warrior but as you say, could go either way

Watch it live mate, we'll get a win up this week.

One positive stat for the season, we haven't lost at 4 Pines in 2022 haha!

There will be no excuses, particularly from our forward pack, given that the Warriors have both AFB and obviously Lodge no longer there.

What !! I hadn't even heard AFB left them, too. Typical though. He just extended. Quitter has no staying power.

It's hard to watch mate. It's just so frustrating. It's like watching a race between a Datsun 120B and a Porsche, hoping the Porsche somehow breaks down to give us a chance.

Manly are now the Steven Bradbury's of the league hahahaha.

Anyways, AVS are into the 3rd round of the playoffs and play The Oilers. We should win the cup this year. I'm so excited for that.

Full strength??? They’ve just lost their two best front rowers.

I know many here think we are a basket case but the mob we are playing are the basket case of basket cases. How Nathan brown is not in the line of coaches to be sacked is beyond me. The warriors are a legit shot at the spoon this year.

What !! I hadn't even heard AFB left them, too. Typical though. He just extended. Quitter has no staying power.

It's hard to watch mate. It's just so frustrating. It's like watching a race between a Datsun 120B and a Porsche, hoping the Porsche somehow breaks down to give us a chance.

Anyways, AVS are into the 3rd round of the playoffs and play The Oilers. We should win the cup this year. I'm so excited for that.

Lmao.
AFB is just injured.

Full strength??? They’ve just lost their two best front rowers.

I know many here think we are a basket case but the mob we are playing are the basket case of basket cases. How Nathan brown is not in the line of coaches to be sacked is beyond me. The warriors are a legit shot at the spoon this year.

Fair enough. I'm not going to pretend to know. I've stopped watching the rest of the league a month or two ago, and Manly a week and a half ago, so I'm not up-to-speed.

I can tell you the results before they play. That's how bad we are.

I can tell you the results before they play. That's how bad we are.
We aren't going great but in reality are not that bad, in fact pretty much as predicted before the year began:

- We were outsiders against Penrith and Chooks although obviously we hoped to win and that was disappointing.

- Got done by the Sharks and Broncos and these are the 2 games many of us might have pencilled in as wins. But they are the 2 dramatic Top 4 improvers, along with Cows. Broncos and 1st half v Sharks we were shown up by oppositions in white hot form, disappointing but it happens.

- We were outsiders against Souths and Eels but could have won both, everyone knows we were unlucky.

- Losing to Storm in Melbourne on a slippery Thursday night without Turbo, no big shock there.

I agree recent results are depressing but ...

We should win this game! We've had 3 games at home against moderate teams and won every time.
Hopefully a couple of forwards returning, and I look forward to seeing an improved Schu and maybe an exciting debutant or 2.

Haha nah just injured mate, probably worded that wrong. A foot injury that'll keep him out for a bit, so they have Jazz Tevaga playing prop at the moment which tells you all you need to know about their forward stocks.

Shaun Johnson is in somre really poor form (kicked 4 out on the full against the Knights). Clearly no game is easy given the situation we're in at the moment, but I feel that we should have the cattle to beat them.

I would imagine that Foran and Schuster are in the halves (as we saw last year against the dragons when DCE and Turbo were out), Saab comes back in with Jorge out, Karl Lawton will come back in which will mean Croker is able to get a rest. Some slight positives there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10