Pre-Game Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
4 Pines Park
04 Jun 2022 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Journey Man
Well, my team would be:

01. Tolu Koula
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Christian Tuipulotu
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kaeo Weekes
07. Kieran Foran
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker (if fit) OR Croker
15. Marty Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Love the optimism on here , hope you’re all a better judge than @Ryan and myself.

We might win the next game ( might ) but very unlikely to win the three after that.

14th possible, more likely 12th as right at the end of the season when it means absolutely **** all we’ll start winning a few.

Ryan

Journey Man
Love the optimism on here , hope you’re all a better judge than @Ryan and myself.

We might win the next game ( might ) but very unlikely to win the three after that.

14th possible, more likely 12th as right at the end of the season when it means absolutely **** all we’ll start winning a few.

No signings next season, apart from Tuilagi, which honestly, is more of the same (slow play-the-balls, no impact, no metres, inconsistent) - but he'll fit right in. Oh, and losing the one spark from the bench in Walker. And our best half in Foran. And the forward who historically made more metres on average per season than any other in Taupau.

Great recruitment crusher, Des, Fulton and Warwick.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No signings next season, apart from Tuilagi, which honestly, is more of the same (slow play-the-balls, no impact, no metres, inconsistent) - but he'll fit right in. Oh, and losing the one spark from the bench in Walker. And our best half in Foran. And the forward who historically made more metres on average per season than any other in Taupau.

Yep , nothing will change in 2023, just more of the same.

Tommy Tissue will be back , might make a small difference for the 5 games he’ll play.

No Look will the 5/8 ( cause his manager said so ) , who knows might work but probably not.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

It is great recruitment by Des Fulton and Warwick
Who have secured some of the brightest young talent in the game to make our future bright
Koula
Shuster
Olakau'atu
Tuipulotu
We also have also secured other great young players like Humphreys ,and Fainus brilliant brother just to name a few , There are a lot of great young players coming up at Manly

The moral of the story
What we see depends mainly what we look for
Look for positives at Manly and you will find them Feathered friend Ryan

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lol - pretty small but I think I may have spotted one!
200.gif

Ryan

Journey Man
It is great recruitment by Des Fulton and Warwick
Who have secured some of the brightest young talent in the game to make our future bright
Koula
Shuster
Olakau'atu
Tuipulotu
We also have also secured other great young players like Humphreys ,and Fainus brilliant brother just to name a few , There are a lot of great young players coming up at Manly

The moral of the story
What we see depends mainly what we look for

Every club has up-and-coming players @BOZO - the trick is to find one's that make a difference in first grade. Most clubs are blooding their rookies, like us, yet it's us that are the one's tumbling down the ladder.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Every club has up-and-coming players @BOZO - the trick is to find one's that make a difference in first grade. Most clubs are blooding their rookies, like us, yet it's us that are the one's tumbling down the ladder.
The trick is to find the ones that make it in first grade and we have
Koula
Shuster
Olakau'atu
Tuipulotu
And there is more great talent coming through thanks to our smart recruiters

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Losing sucks the life out of passionate fans and it demorolizes them

How many more loses can we take ? How many more loses can we bare ?

There is only one cure before we all fall into deep depression

And a dose of successive wins can only save us

1653872276745.png

Ryan

Journey Man
Losing sucks the life out of passionate fans and it demorolizes them

How many more loses can we take ? How many more loses can we bare ?

There is only one cure before we all fall into deep depression

And a dose of successive wins can only save us

View attachment 21247

The point is everyone is saying we should beat The Warriors. They are literally one game worse off. They are on 8 points, we are on 10, but people are saying "they" are a basket case.

manly al

First Grader
Well, my team would be:

01. Tolu Koula
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Christian Tuipulotu
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kaeo Weekes
07. Kieran Foran
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Karl Lawton
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker (if fit) OR Croker
15. Marty Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey
Like it , except Croker still the starting 9 , Sipley if Paseka is still unavailable and even ahead of Marty . Bullemor there abouts as well

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The point is everyone is saying we should beat The Warriors. They are literally one game worse off. They are on 8 points, we are on 10, but people are saying "they" are a basket case.
We should focus on our case and not the other teams

The more loses we have the more we start weaving our own Basket case

We better start winning games and start living up to our Legendary clubs Greatness

1653873127608.png

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m positive this is a mental thing.

Yeah we don’t have a team of superstars but whilst there’s some plodders there’s still some good players.

It’s a simple game , we can’t match the top 4 that’s a given , but by competing and keeping to a simple game plan surely we can frustrate the opposition into errors.

Trouble is it’s the reverse , poor discipline , lazy game plan ineffective across the board.

That’s why we lose.

You are going to get errors, even the Panthers make them.

But keep things simple , nothing flashy , high percentage plays , that’s how we might get our mojo back.

Last edited:

joeboy

Bencher
I would just like to see some semblance of a game plan, the warriors have weaknesses there for exposing. A smart and well executed game plan would see us get the win. That been said, there has been no evidence of a game plan or tactics all year.

Shoe1

Journey Man
I would just like to see some semblance of a game plan, the warriors have weaknesses there for exposing. A smart and well executed game plan would see us get the win. That been said, there has been no evidence of a game plan or tactics all year.
How's this for a gameplan?

1) Don't force offloads in your own half within 5 minutes of either side of half time.

2) Hide Keppie, or tell him the game is on sunday.

3) Defend in one line.

4) combine 1, 2 and 3 and collect 2 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12