Pre-Game Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
4 Pines Park
04 Jun 2022 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would just like to see some semblance of a game plan, the warriors have weaknesses there for exposing. A smart and well executed game plan would see us get the win. That been said, there has been no evidence of a game plan or tactics all year.
I’m no coach but the way to beat other average teams is frustrate them.

High completion rates

Simple kicking game

Defend as a group ( not one out ).

Win the middle first , keep it really simple and as risk free as possible.

Do this and we’d beat most sides 6-16

The top 4-5 are another level

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I’m positive this is a mental thing.

Yeah we don’t have a team of superstars but whilst there’s some plodders there’s still some good players.

It’s a simple game , we can’t match the top 4 that’s a given , but my competing and keeping to a simple game plan surely we can frustrate the opposition into errors.

Trouble is it’s the reverse , poor discipline , lazy game plan ineffective across the board.

That’s why we lose.

You are going to get errors, even the Panthers make them.

But keep things simple , nothing flashy , high percentage plays , that’s how we might get our mojo back.
Is that coaching?

Ryan

Journey Man
WHAT medication are some of you numbnuts on?

Anything other than predicting a Manly victory is just window licking insanity ... !!

mate...

Eagles - 10 points (11th)
Warriors - 8 points (12th)

I'm not sure - the difference is that much you could be so confident - hehe?

Plus, we are currently on the longest ever streak in the history of Manly in allowing 20+ points scored against us a game (going for 7 straight). Our defense is currently leaving a LOT to be desired. In fact, the last placed Bulldogs have only allowed 11 more points this season.

They'd be coming in confident.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
mate...

Eagles - 10 points (11th)
Warriors - 8 points (12th)

I'm not sure - the difference is that much you could be so confident - hehe?

Plus, we are currently on the longest ever streak in the history of Manly in allowing 20+ points scored against us a game (going for 7 straight). Our defense is currently leaving a LOT to be desired. In fact, the last placed Bulldogs have only allowed 11 more points this season.

They'd be coming in confident.

YEAH .. mr. Stat man ... check out our record against bottom 5 sides this year ..

We are GOLD in this one.

Nordburg

First Grader
I’ll be interested to see who plays on the right in the halves this week.Can Schuster or Foran play there because that maybe why Des played Walker and Funa in place of DCE at varying stages last year?

Ryan

Journey Man
YEAH .. mr. Stat man ... check out our record against bottom 5 sides this year ..

We are GOLD in this one.

Okay, can I hold you to that? @:p

I'm about to put a solid bet on Manly based on your confidence here. I respect you, and I trust you, so I'm gonna lay down some coin for the Eagles, based off that.

And remember kids - gamble responsibly. Wait, is this responsibly? haha

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Okay, can I hold you to that? @:p

I'm about to put a solid bet on Manly based on your confidence here. I respect you, and I trust you, so I'm gonna lay down some coin for the Eagles, based off that.

And remember kids - gamble responsibly. Wait, is this responsibly? haha

Go for it .. mention my name and get the non-numbnut special rate.

Ryan

Journey Man
Go for it .. mention my name and get the non-numbnut special rate.

Help a fella out.

I can get 1.90 giving the Warriors a 3.5 start, OR 1.65 head to head. What route would you take mate? I'm seriously doing this. Might but 500 on it.

joeboy

Bencher
How's this for a gameplan?

1) Don't force offloads in your own half within 5 minutes of either side of half time.

2) Hide Keppie, or tell him the game is on sunday.

3) Defend in one line.

4) combine 1, 2 and 3 and collect 2 points.

Yep, that is instantly more rational than what we have been doing!

Keppie can get loaded into the canon with taufua and Harper and shot To the moon ( as soon as the injury crisis is over ) if there was more room in the barrel, I’d cram a few more in. But they have a skerick of good will from past performances left

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is that coaching?
My very weak attempt at it !!

I’m no @Technical Coach , in fact I’m next to useless at any technical side of the game , statistics etc etc.

My “ KISS” theory is just trying to regain confidence with doing all the basic stuff and hopefully by doing that you build confidence.

The season is shot to bits already now it’s simply about pride.

Mitch

Bencher
Clearly our best option in terms of gaining ascendancy in this game is through the middle.

Their forward pack from last week is the below:

8. Ben Murdoch Masila
9. Freddy Lussick
10. Jazz Tevaga
11. Euan Aitken
12. Jack Murchie
13. Tohu Harris

Tohu is two games back from an ACL injury and still finding his feet, aside from that, even the least optimistic must think that our forward pack, at home, should be dominating that line up.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If we cant beat the Warriors this week, then we should de-register from the NRL.

I know we aren't in the best form but we are at home and they are missing a heap of players.
You are right but be honest , it’s still a toss of the coin !!

And that’s just downright sad!!

Hotspur2014

Reserve Grader
Back in the “real” football years , players like Keppie and Harper would have been dropped to 3rd grade based on their crap performances.
But no, our demented coach keeps picking them ahead of the young prospects that have potential.
If he is scared that playing the young ones will lead to losses , well guess what Des, playing the Keppies and Harpers has led to 5 losses in the last 6 games - so Des what is your problem !!!
With DCE gone for Origin I hope you give some of the young guys a chance- but based on your history you will not do it.
Very frustrated supporter !!!!!

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I would just like to see some semblance of a game plan, the warriors have weaknesses there for exposing. A smart and well executed game plan would see us get the win. That been said, there has been no evidence of a game plan or tactics all year.
This is the worry with Des for mine.

We never seem to have a specific plan for a team or never see a change in tactics to target a weakness or negate a strength.

Seems we live by the "just worry about ourselves" mantra and it makes us predictable

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
This is the worry with Des for mine.

We never seem to have a specific plan for a team or never see a change in tactics to target a weakness or negate a strength.

Seems we live by the "just worry about ourselves" mantra and it makes us predictable
You also never really see us adjust in games and shift to a plan B if things aren't working.

Again a worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14