Pre-Game Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
4 Pines Park
04 Jun 2022 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll be Schuster and Foz in the halves, Humphries is still finding his feet in reserve grade and I can’t see Weekes getting a run this week if he didn’t last week when we resorted to Jorge on the wing.

Even if Walker is out Lawton will take his bench spot.
Exactly what will happen Mitch in my mind as well

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Jesus !

I've put 500 on Manly head-to-head mainly due to @Woodsie's confidence ! I'll be sweating bullets this weekend.
I know your not confident @Ryan but I truly believe this warriors team will be right in the fight for the spoon. I watch them most each week with my brother who’s a fan of theirs and honestly don’t see how they are better than wests and the dogs. They jagged a couple of flukey wins when at full strength. They are completely devoid of any ideas and their defence looks rubbish. I also think that our last two weeks have been pretty good. Melb could easily have had 3 tries pulled back and honestly I’ve not seen a dumber display from us as a team. Thought we actually matched them in the middle. We also know what happened v Parra. I’d be surprised if we don’t win this by 20pts. I won’t put $500 on it but I think your head to head is looking pretty safe.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Manly 13+

Saab, Taupau and Lawton back, with a possibility of Paseka and Burbo also being fit for selection. If they're all in, then you won't be needing Harper, Jorge and De Luis.

Garrick Saab Burbo Koula Tui Schuster Foran Aloiai Croker Keppie Davey Haumole Jake
Lawton Taupau Sipley Paseka

Last edited:

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Oooft.....okay I'm a terrible gambler but I'm also very low stakes.

Its a $5 bet 😂😂
Call me crazy but if you want to see sone value for an upset this week, what about the dogs over Penrith at $3.50. Penrith have half their team out and dogs nobody. I mean still a long shot but Wests did it last year when in a similar position.

Rafferty

Mug punter
Yeah, but Josh Curran, Bailey Sironen and Wayne Egan are suposedly back this week......so watch out Manly..lol
Your right, they will definitely be good in’s for the warriors especially Curran if his ready, let’s hope his calf heels like Josh’s and his at least another week away, the upside I guess is their all coming back off 3 weeks out, so mightn’t be at their best, first up.
Still feel pretty confident we take of business.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Call me crazy but if you want to see sone value for an upset this week, what about the dogs over Penrith at $3.50. Penrith have half their team out and dogs nobody. I mean still a long shot but Wests did it last year when in a similar position.
Full disclosure, the bet is $5 on Manly 13+ into the Bulldogs

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!

Attachments

• 23AC5947-023E-4377-8094-D880562DC683.jpeg
    23AC5947-023E-4377-8094-D880562DC683.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
fwiw
fox

Team Tips: With Daly Cherry-Evans unavailable due to State of Origin duties, Keiran Foran will likely shift to No.7 with Josh Schuster to play five-eighth. Dylan Walker won’t play after suffering a knee injury last week. “Dylan’’s in a bit of trouble,” coach Des Hasler said after the game. Karl Lawton returns from his suspension and will fill Walker’s role of bench utility, while Ethan Bullemor will come onto the bench for Schuster. Veteran prop Martin Taupau is due back from a quad injury and will push Kurt De Luis back to the reserves. Hasler also said Taniela Paseka will “probably” be back. Speedy winger Jason Saab is a chance to return from a toe injury, which will see Jorge Taufua miss out on the 17.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
fwiw
fox

Team Tips: With Daly Cherry-Evans unavailable due to State of Origin duties, Keiran Foran will likely shift to No.7 with Josh Schuster to play five-eighth. Dylan Walker won’t play after suffering a knee injury last week. “Dylan’’s in a bit of trouble,” coach Des Hasler said after the game. Karl Lawton returns from his suspension and will fill Walker’s role of bench utility, while Ethan Bullemor will come onto the bench for Schuster. Veteran prop Martin Taupau is due back from a quad injury and will push Kurt De Luis back to the reserves. Hasler also said Taniela Paseka will “probably” be back. Speedy winger Jason Saab is a chance to return from a toe injury, which will see Jorge Taufua miss out on the 17.
If all those changes occur I honestly think we are a better 17 this week than last. Just need to take care of business Sat night.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If all those changes occur I honestly think we are a better 17 this week than last. Just need to take care of business Sat night.
The thing is we say that almost every week , oh that’s a better backline , oh his inclusion will help the forwards and so on.

In reality it seems to make little difference.

Darknstormy

Reserve Grader
I often feel negative towards DCE but when its close I know who I want to get the ball.

Fact is it could take us 10 years to get half as good as him
Hey bob dce was signed a long huge money contract with the intent of him leading us to a premiership..he is coming to the end of that contract with no pie..so investment side of things it was a failure..so I don’t know why he was extended…he does play well at times but it’s not enough on that money…he needs to be consistent and he hasn’t.. a 700k player at best in his peak..needs an origin like team to perform but the only prob he takes up to much cap for that to happen at manly..if only certain players who are die hard manly dce turbo jurbo marty saw the light and all took a bit under what they are on to have a solid balanced team
Dce 700k
Turbo 1m
Jurbo 550k
Marty 500k
There’s over 1m of savings to put to cap right there..I know it will never happen just as we will never win a comp with an unbalanced team…it is a problem

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hey bob dce was signed a long huge money contract with the intent of him leading us to a premiership..he is coming to the end of that contract with no pie..so investment side of things it was a failure..so I don’t know why he was extended…he does play well at times but it’s not enough on that money…he needs to be consistent and he hasn’t.. a 700k player at best in his peak..
Have you lost touch with NRL salary trends? Luke Brooks is reported to be on 1.1m next year. Who exactly is the $700k halfback you say is better than DCE? And how is their team travelling?

Darknstormy

Reserve Grader
Have you lost touch with NRL salary trends? Luke Brooks is reported to be on 1.1m next year. Who exactly is the $700k halfback you say is better than DCE? And how is their team travelling?
Yeah and how are tigers travelling lol..mate opinions vary and I think the whole nrl are overpaid..my point was that the last time we won a premiership the senior playing group took unders which gave us a strong team to accomplish that and I don’t see us winning another with dce and others being paid overs..will never work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16