Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 5, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Look at the bright side.

We may be inconsistent.
But we could be consistent like the Squeels.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ve been happy with Baz’s coaching and still am. However, I thought it was a no-brainer to put Hastings to 5/8 when Croker came off, not Api. I know Api’s filled in ok in the halves before, but he looked a bit lost there and is the form hooker in the comp and Hastings cut his teeth playing in the halves. Just my opinion.

Sorry Eagle but no way I'd have two slow players on the wing. Uate has had his day and Parker would be better on the bench covering forwards and backs. Bring in speed and lots of it. Anderson and Tom Wright. Hastings at 5/8 is a must
None of these guys are the answer against any top 4 side.

Can we get a negative nancy thread going? Fmd We were in that with 10 to go irrespective of who we had out there today . Round 5 and things to work on but not all gloom and im as passionate as anyone, but things will be better next week.
Round 1 = loss
Round 2 = win
Round 3 = loss
Round 4 = win
Round 5 = loss

Do you see a pattern here? We are certs next week.

I could see that working, but maybe bringing in one at a time would be better. Speed would be a welcome inclusion but only if they can hold their own in defense.

Both seem to have good defence, Anderson better than Wright who is a bit grabby. But both are strong and I've seen them both man handle other players with ease.

Its good having Walker back alongside Kelly but they need fast players outside them. And they desperately need someone inside them who distributes well and gives them space to use their skills. Croker may eventually develop it. But at present its not there.

Like many on this forum I'm curious as to why Hastings is only used as hooker. Api is not a 5/8 but is an excellent hooker. Why take him away from that position. Hastings has an aggressive style of play, quick off the mark and seems to know when to pass the ball. Seems logical to me and others on this forum, but apparently Barrett doesnt see it for some reason.

None of these guys are the answer against any top 4 side.

PSE I respect your comments generally, but on this one I'm confused. You are judging players, Anderson and T. Wright who have never played first grade. We have never seen Hastings in a Manly side given a chance at 5/8. Walker and Kelly were close to the best centre combination last year...they certainly outscored together all other centre combinations. How can you assess they wont be good in assisting Manly to a top 4 position. Unless we see them in action in those positions, we cant judge

Holy sh*t imagine what we would be without DCE?
He's pretty much it out there for everything so I'm gonna forgive him for the occasional bad call.
Fair call I think sometimes DCE lacks a bit of polish considering how many games he has played maybe I just judge him a bit hard sometimes and expect him to do finish off sets a bit more effectively

To me a full back and two wingers should be making at least 100 metres per game. They have the most space to play with. They run the ball back from kicks down field. Yet the two wingers ran 75 and 77 metres, Matt Wright 96. In fact the backline outside of Kelly and DCE made little ground over all. Walker I can excuse, coming back from injury. But Croker barely ran the ball. He made 7 tackles and even missed one. DCE made 20 tackles and missed none. Seems DCE is trying to cover for the kid and its affecting his play. As I said, Manly needs speed on the wing and Hastings at 5/8. Sorry for going on about it. But unless Barrett gives it a go, this season will be lost and his position under scrutiny. Bite the bullet Trent.

Here's a fun game I like to play, have a look at our team and see how many of these blokes would get a game for another NRL side at the moment.
Looking at all our backs.

DCE - Yes
Walker - Yes
Tommie T - Yes
Parker - NO
M Wright - NO
J Wright - NO
Uate - NO
Kelly - Maybe, but probably NO
Croker - NO
Hastings - NO
Funa - NO
T Wright - NO

Tells the story.

hang on. Kelly, but for one game has been our best centre by far this season. He ran well over 100 metres today, missed only one of 14 tackles, and scored a try. What more do you want? He, Tom T and DCE are the only three backs making any headway this season. Hopefully Walker will get back to form and maybe Taufua, but Kelly has been one of our best backs.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12