Game Day: Manly v Titans [Round 5, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Brookvale Far North Queensland
IMG_20180408_065232.jpg

img_9888.jpg

@marga

IMG_20180408_113841.jpg

This is what it's all about - fun :zap:

1. Matthew Wright
2. Brad Parker
3. Dylan Walker
4.Brian Kelly
5. Akuila Uate
6.Lachlan Croker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-blake
9.Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Frank Winterstein
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jackson Hastings
15. Shaun Lane
16.Lloyd Perrett
17. Jack Gosiewski

19. Tom Trbojevic
21. Taniela Paseka

Match Officials
Referees: Ashley Klein, Tim Roby;
Sideline Officials: Clayton Sharpe, Jarrod Cole;
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie;

GAME DAY
Marley Brown Oval, Gladstone QLD

Gates Open 11:30
Venue Info
https://www.gladstoneregion.info/whats-on/titans-vs-sea-eagles-nrl-game/venue-information

The following items are restricted from the venue;

• No picnic rugs or fold up chairs
  • No eskies or cooler bags
  • No alcohol
  • No firearms, weapons or sharp objects
  • No explosive or flammable items
Getting to the Game
FREE Public Transport - There will be a free 'Hail and Ride' bus route to and from the game for patrons.

The morning service will start at 11:00am, with buses scheduled every 20 minutes at any of the pickup points until 1:30pm.

The afternoon service will start at 4:00pm and continue through until all patrons have been collected

Ladder Position 6 :pointup:

DaPSoIbU8AA6bBa.jpg

Highlights

Presser
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/08/sea-eagles-press-conference/

Last edited:
Hooray! Game day.

Actually I wont see the game until a day or so later, have an 11 hours drive in the snow in front of me and for some galactically stupid reason my better half...no wait ... my not so better half volunteered to give a couple of doofus teenage gits a lift the whole ****ing way.

So, please refrain from posting in this thread until 30 hours after the game (or until I do), no spoilers in any other either.

Yay

Thanks! :)

*leaves knowing that this will obviously most definitely happen*

:drunk:

Extremely nervous about this one, Titans are better than most give them credit for, although the win against the Donkeys is now tarnished by the fact the Donkeys are absolute ****!
Good point Mark . The Titans could only achieve wins against the average Raiders and the Broncos and we have had wins against the Raiders and the last placed Eels . A team to be taken seriously needs to claim a serious scalp.
The key to this game will be the combinations of
Elgey /Taylor v Croker /DCE
On his day the X/factor DCE is capable of doing it on his own .
Should be a good game . Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Good point Mark . The Titans could only achieve wins against the average Raiders and the Broncos and we have had wins against the Raiders and the last placed Eels . A team to be taken seriously needs to claim a serious scalp.
The key to this game will be the combinations of
Elgey /Taylor v Croker /DCE
On his day the X/factor DCE is capable doing it on his own .
Should be a good game . Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

That is EXACTLY my point, neither side has any major scalps and until they do they are both pretenders!!

On paper Manly should win BUT the loss of young Sirro and Turbo are very very big outs , and the Tits are pretty much full strength.

Heart says Manly, Head says Titans.

Hopefully today we get back to basics and just grind em down with smart disciplined play. The Titans will be up for an arm wrestle so as long as we go set for set with em I think we'll have a few more points in us when fatigue sets in. Manly 24 - Titans 14 ;) Go Manly!!!

Great to see @marga in her element up there getting her DCE hugs!!

She’s a real team favourite , and should be for the Herculean effort she puts in each year attending most home games all the way from Emerald in the middle of Queensland!!

For those unaware she came to New Zealand with the MWTS in 2010 and was VERY nervous and shy, I took her under my wing and said “ you’ll be fine “.

And she’s never looked back!!

Member of the Year a couple of years ago and as I said , a real team favourite!!

Our edge defense will be a big worry. Winterstein Kelly Croker. Titans will target them with their big men. Titans x 6.

Winterstein will be on the opposite side of the field to Kelly and Croker ...

Winterstein averages 1.2 missed tackles per game and is one of the best in the league .... Croker has averaged 1.2 missed tackles per game and can tackle, Kelly is currently on 2 missed tackles per game in '18 and improving ...

I think our edge defence will be just fine and dandy ..

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8