Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 8
4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be starting Sipley and Woods up front. Not because they're any good , which they aren't, but it would be sending a message to the other pretenders to pick up of fuk off.

Mark Carroll worked with our forwards in the pre season and when asked who impressed him most he "Sipley and Fifita were standouts" he said he knew Jake would be the best but those two surprised him.

Fifita seen the light and and Sipley cant get a start.

Funny old club this one.

Condon at centre is surely a typo? He is so slow, he can't handle 2nd row anymore. He is so slow, Boyle lapped him in 100m. Tbh doesn't matter who lines up next week
Did anyone else know that according to the seaeagles.com.au website Top 29 MWSE players, we only have two centres on our books? That's right, Parker and Harper.

Oh yeah, they also now have Aaron Woods listed now too but unfortunately, nobody could find a Manly jersey for him to wear and they have him still in his Dragons jersey. :rolleyes:

Did anyone else know that according to the seaeagles.com.au website Top 29 MWSE players, we only have two centres on our books? That's right, Parker and Harper.

Oh yeah, they also now have Aaron Woods listed now too but unfortunately, nobody could find a Manly jersey for him to wear and they have him still in his Dragons jersey. :rolleyes:
Koula is the only other center. How fuked is that. We couldn't find 2 up and coming centers to bring through over the last 3 - 4 years. Same as a hooker. Just fuking unbelievable.

Condon at centre is surely a typo? He is so slow, he can't handle 2nd row anymore. He is so slow, Boyle lapped him in 100m. Tbh doesn't matter who lines up next week
As opposed to 2 supposed actual centers who are slow, can't tackle and can't beat half the forwards in the competition

Koula is the only other center. How fuked is that. We couldn't find 2 up and coming centers to bring through over the last 3 - 4 years. Same as a hooker. Just fuking unbelievable.
For what it's worth, these are our current Top 29 Players and their listed positions on the MWSE Website:

Centres:

Brad Parker
Morgan Harper

Halfbacks:

Cooper Johns
Daly Cherry-Evans

Five-Eighths:

Josh Schuster
Latu Fainu

Fullbacks:

Kaeo Weekes
Tolutau Koula
Tom Trbojevic

Hookers:

Lachlan Croker

Locks:

Jake Trbojevic
Zac Fulton

2nd Row:

Ben Condon
Ben Trbojevic
Ethan Bullemor
Haumole Olakau'atu
Karl Lawton
Kelma Tuilagi

Props:

Aaron Woods
Josh Aloiai
Morgan Boyle
Samuela Fainu
Sean Keppie
Taniela Paseka
Toafofoa Sipley

Wingers:

Christian Tuipulotu
Jason Saab
Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
Reuben Garrick

Yesterday it wasn’t the middle forwards who let us down , the Panthers were short of forwards so made it an edges game.

Our edges couldn’t tackle for **** , and our learner 5/8 were targeted big time , and our centres capitulated, and our last line of defence was in a world of hurt.

I think we just have to probably realise we can’t match it with the big boys , we’ll win our fair share , maybe cause the occasional upset , but we just don’t have the guns right across the park to be hugely successful every single game.

And the sooner we realise this , and stop slashing our wrists when we lose to the top 4 sides the better our days will become.

The current game is all about the richest clubs or the club with the best juniors to constantly replenish those that are pinched from them, and we all know who I’m talking about.

It’s been 12 years since we’ve won a GF, based on the way the game is currently run I’m doubtful I’ll ever see another one.

I just don’t see how you can be successful with only the salary cap to run your team.

You either need , a bevy of the top 100 business’s behind your club , an Uber rich benefactor , a single large city behind you , or as in the case of the Panthers , literally thousands of kids in the juniors all hanging to be playing for that club.

For me I’ll just enjoy the wins , lament the losses , and remember those wonderful times from the past.

Our odds should be real good.

At least $3.50
Screenshot_20230409-162846.png

😳

Yesterday it wasn’t the middle forwards who let us down , the Panthers were short of forwards so made it an edges game.

Our edges couldn’t tackle for **** , and our learner 5/8 were targeted big time , and our centres capitulated, and our last line of defence was in a world of hurt.

I think we just have to probably realise we can’t match it with the big boys , we’ll win our fair share , maybe cause the occasional upset , but we just don’t have the guns right across the park to be hugely successful every single game.

And the sooner we realise this , and stop slashing our wrists when we lose to the top 4 sides the better our days will become.

The current game is all about the richest clubs or the club with the best juniors to constantly replenish those that are pinched from them, and we all know who I’m talking about.

It’s been 12 years since we’ve won a GF, based on the way the game is currently run I’m doubtful I’ll ever see another one.

I just don’t see how you can be successful with only the salary cap to run your team.

You either need , a bevy of the top 100 business’s behind your club , an Uber rich benefactor , a single large city behind you , or as in the case of the Panthers , literally thousands of kids in the juniors all hanging to be playing for that club.

For me I’ll just enjoy the wins , lament the losses , and remember those wonderful times from the past.
Sadly I agree. At nearing 59 I doubt I'll see another premiership the way this sport and especially this club is run. Until a proper draft comes in it'll continue to be like the EPL where only a handful of clubs can ever win it. We were once a super power club but now we are a shadow of those days, run by incompetence and being swallowed up by bigger fish.

Sadly I agree. At nearing 59 I doubt I'll see another premiership the way this sport and especially this club is run. Until a proper draft comes in it'll continue to be like the EPL where only a handful of clubs can ever win it. We were once a super power club but now we are a shadow of those days, run by incompetence and being swallowed up by bigger fish.
Yep same in the UK, just a few ever win !!

Rain predicted for next Friday. That will help us considering how well we play in the wet :giggle: :rofl:

I gave you a Like for the last paragraph, but gee it could be a Sad for the rest of it.

I'd probably add that it really helps if you're a media favourite. We've had glimpses of it only because of Tom but Broncos Souths Roosters Storm etc get the royal treatment and the other clubs have to almost beg for the scraps.

We'll drop to 9th tonight. Another loss next week and we'll be heading for bottom 4. The way we're playing we deserve it. How will that sit with our glorified $1mil marquee duds.

We'll drop to 9th tonight. Another loss next week and we'll be heading for bottom 4. The way we're playing we deserve it. How will that sit with our glorified $1mil marquee duds.
If Knights go on with this, taking into account the byes, we'll actually be 11th tonight. After next Fri night, bottom 4, where most likely we'll stay for the next few years

Now that’s really pessimistic.

It’s a long season , lots to happen yet.
Seibold's presser really reminded me of those of the Broncos on the slide 2019-20. I think he's in way over his head. With Penn at the helm, a mess of a pathways system, long term contracts to a core of very average players, shocking recruitment, and DCE running things on field, I hate to be pessimistic, but this club isn't going anywhere anytime soon

Seibold's presser really reminded me of those of the Broncos on the slide 2019-20. I think he's in way over his head. With Penn at the helm, a mess of a pathways system, long term contracts to a core of very average players, shocking recruitment, and DCE running things on field, I hate to be pessimistic, but this club isn't going anywhere anytime soon
You may be right , but it’s a long season , however think it’s a little early to be slashing wrists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8