Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 8
4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few interesting selection decisions coming up.
We need at least 2 new players for injured Garrick and Lawton (and it won't be Gordie, the NRL will just say we used Weekes as dummy half earlier this year, which we did)

Aside from the injuries will there be any changes? It's the first flogging we've copped so maybe they'll stick solid. Des would have. We'll soon find out if Seibs has a different idea, so far he seems a little more inclined to change things up.

If Schu is still out Cooper will be 6, Weekes back to 14 I think.
I'd have Weeks at fullback. Tom looks underdone

Was Garrick a Cat 1?

**can answer my own question. Was a cat two so if he passes protocol's this week he can play
Seibold said in the presser he won't be playing next week.
Also said Lawton is out with dislocated shoulder.

I don't think it matters who we field. We simply do not have the cattle to compete for top 8. The defensive warning signs were there in Rd 2 v Parra and glaringly obvious now these last 2 games. Last week and now this has headfuked this team for the year.

I don't think it matters who we field. We simply do not have the cattle to compete for top 8. The defensive warning signs were there in Rd 2 v Parra and glaringly obvious now these last 2 games. Last week and now this has headfuked this team for the year.
The thing that gets me is we played a very tough, gritty, defensive game against the bunnies. It shows we are capable of much better than what we dished up the last two games. Where has that gone?

The thing that gets me is we played a very tough, gritty, defensive game against the bunnies. It shows we are capable of much better than what we dished up the last two games. Where has that gone?
The Bunnies were missing half their forward pack and we couldn't do diddly squat to them. A decent team would've pumped the vermin that night

Was Garrick a Cat 1?

**can answer my own question. Was a cat two so if he passes protocol's this week he can play
I believe so mate, he didn't return.
They said on FOX last night that he was Category Two.

Category Two concussions are when a player fails their HIA in the dressing rooms, but there has been no change to the protocols for these incidents and they could be able to play the following round if cleared by a neurologist.

How long will NRL players miss for concussion?​

Under the new protocols, players who suffer from category one concussion symptoms will be stood down for a minimum of 11 days.

For players that are ruled out under category two, they can be cleared by a neurologist to play the following week.

Exemptions can be given to clubs and players if the following strict protocols are met:
  • Category 1 signs/symptoms are not observed
  • The player is asymptomatic the day following the concussion
  • Cognitive testing has returned to normal
  • The player has suffered fewer than five previous career concussions
  • The player has no previously diagnosed concussions within the previous three months
  • The player has no history of a previous concussion with prolonged recovery

Next week we need to field a team that is fit to play. Stop persisting with injured players and poor performers.
1. Weekes
2. Saab
3. Parker last chance
4. Condon
5. Vaega
6. Schu if not 100% then Johns
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker unless GKCT can get allowed
10. Sipley
11. Olak
12. S Fainu
13. Jake T

14. Bullemore
15. Sykes or Johns if Schu fit
16. Keppie
17. Tuilagi

Next week we need to field a team that is fit to play. Stop persisting with injured players and poor performers.
1. Weekes
2. Saab
3. Parker last chance
4. Condon
5. Vaega
6. Schu if not 100% then Johns
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker unless GKCT can get allowed
10. Sipley
11. Olak
12. S Fainu
13. Jake T

14. Bullemore
15. Sykes or Johns if Schu fit
16. Keppie
17. Tuilagi
Condon at centre is surely a typo? He is so slow, he can't handle 2nd row anymore. He is so slow, Boyle lapped him in 100m. Tbh doesn't matter who lines up next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7