Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 8
4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what did the Raiders do to change a 53 point thrashing , to a win over the front runners ??

If they can do it , so can we.
They actually have a fairly decent pack when focused.
And on paper , so do we.

Not competition winning standard but not that bad.

I think we just faced what was a perfect storm on Saturday night , and every club , yes all the other 15, would have suffered the same or a similar result.

It’s how we approach the next 2-3 games that will tell, if we get our arses kicked in each and every one , then I’ll have to start being realistic as well.

Until then , I’m remaining mildly positive.
But is it really? I mean you never see anyone talking about names like Paseka, Aloiai, or Keppie. But you do see widespread admiration for big Papa, Tapine, Whitehead, Young, etc. They are proven hard c*nts

They actually have a fairly decent pack when focused.

But is it really? I mean you never see anyone talking about names like Paseka, Aloiai, or Keppie. But you do see widespread admiration for big Papa, Tapine, Whitehead, Young, etc. They are proven hard c*nts
I said “ fairly decent “ not superstar

Canberra have a great pack

Not much left in life if you can’t dream is there ??

I can spend the next week being depressed by every post on Silvertails , we are doomed , the sky’s falling in , we’ll get hammered by 70.

OR

I can have some hope , that the team will want to do better in front of their home crowd.

I’m happy to take option 2 thanks
OR

Maybe set your expectations a tad lower …. Works for me!

Just sayin’

I can spend the next week being depressed by every post on Silvertails , we are doomed , the sky’s falling in , we’ll get hammered by 70.

OR

I can have some hope , that the team will want to do better in front of their home crowd.

Mate, if we can knock over the Storm at Brookie and I'm there to see it, I might get hammered.

Ok, realistically, I might just have a couple.

And on paper , so do we.

Not competition winning standard but not that bad.

I think we just faced what was a perfect storm on Saturday night , and every club , yes all the other 15, would have suffered the same or a similar result.

It’s how we approach the next 2-3 games that will tell, if we get our arses kicked in each and every one , then I’ll have to start being realistic as well.

Until then , I’m remaining mildly positive.
We certainly don't want to see another perfect Storm.

OR

Thanks Mark for putting a bit of a positive perspective on here. One certainly can dream!

I've refrained from reading/posting much since Saturday as all the doom and gloom isn't helping my virus recovery and is downright depressing. After one flogging, by the premiers no less, and we're doomed.

Your reasoning on the Raiders win is a perfect example that all isn't lost...yet...and things could be worse - I'd hate to be a Tigers fan.

Thanks Mark for putting a bit of a positive perspective on here. One certainly can dream!

I've refrained from reading/posting much since Saturday as all the doom and gloom isn't helping my virus recovery and is downright depressing. After one flogging, by the premiers no less, and we're doomed.

Your reasoning on the Raiders win is a perfect example that all isn't lost...yet...and things could be worse - I'd hate to be a Tigers fan.
Yep , it’s not wrist slitting time just yet !!

Oh and I should say I can be negative as well at times , but I just see no great reason to write off the season due to one loss.

Let’s see what the next 2-3 games bring first.

Very impressed with Josh & the way he answered the hard questions. Seems determined to resolve what has happened to our defence the past few weeks. Shows leadership in wanting to sit down with the coaching staff & nut out a resolution. Also thought he played reasonably well against the Panthers. Wasn’t our forwards who let us down…..

Last edited:
Very impressed with Josh & the way he answered the hard questions. Seems determined to resolve what has happened to our defence the past few weeks. Shows leadership in wanting to sit down with the coaching staff & nut out a resolution. Also thought he played reasonably well against the Panthers. Wasn’t our furqards who let us down…..
I think it's better than being all gloom and doom and I don't want to sound like I'm just being contrarian but I've heard him say this kind of thing before this last game and he/they don't seem to be able to back it up. I really hope he/they can this Friday.

Aloiai says we will be right this week.

So I am going to give him one chance this week to prove he knows something.

I mean Melbourne are not Penrith yet this year but they have come good and I expect will grind us into the turf. I think it will be a low scoring grinding game.

But what do I know?. Hoping Aloiai is right.

NYEagle

I thought the same thing, Mick could throw another lazy $20k on the Storm, seems like an easy way to make 12k……….

I‘ve been thinking about it too……..has a Talakai kind of feel to it already…….
Should've put $20K on Penrith into Storm. Surely would be about $50K payout. Easy money. Imagine Olam and Smith counting up the tries already coming against those 2 duds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10