Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 8
4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say the same thing I said a week ago leading into the Penrith game.

We're not a tough enough team to stay with sides like Penrith. And the same goes for the Scum.
They'll come up here, give us nothing and strangle us out of the game.
And we're too soft out wide. We miss one on one tackles.

I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt it. It might not be of the same magnitude but it'll be 13+.
We won't deal with Grant, Hughes and Munster. And just imagine what Olam will do to Harper.

Frightening.

I'll say the same thing I said a week ago leading into the Penrith game.

We're not a tough enough team to stay with sides like Penrith. And the same goes for the Scum.
They'll come up here, give us nothing and strangle us out of the game.
And we're too soft out wide. We miss one on one tackles.

I hope I'm wrong but I highly doubt it. It might not be of the same magnitude but it'll be 13+.
We won't deal with Grant, Hughes and Munster. And just imagine what Olam will do to Harper.

Frightening.
Potentially bang on.

But I offer you up, Raiders v Broncos.

One thing this competition is throwing up is that any side can beat any side, on their day.

I could never bet on the Storm but $1.60 seems juicy odds on this weekends form.
I thought the same thing, Mick could throw another lazy $20k on the Storm, seems like an easy way to make 12k……….
Was thinking about the Olam situation this morning at 5.00am.

I am glad I am not Harper.
I‘ve been thinking about it too……..has a Talakai kind of feel to it already…….

Honestly , and I know there will be some outs, but next weeks game will be telling.

We’ve had two very close games and played one of them as 90 minutes.

We looked tired tonight, from the get go , and we were playing the Premiers , at their home , with a full crowd.

Next week we are at our home.

Canberra got absolutely belted last week , over 50 scored against them, and turned around and beat the front runners tonight , who’d a picked that ??

And who expected the Dolphins to win this round ??

The pessimists were out in force tonight ,can’t blame them I guess but let’s see next week , we beat the storm , we are back in the game.

We get belted , and that’s probably our season.

Have faith everyone , the sun will still rise tomorrow.
Mark … I think you are dreamin’

Just sayin’

Mark … I think you are dreamin’

Just sayin’
Not much left in life if you can’t dream is there ??

I can spend the next week being depressed by every post on Silvertails , we are doomed , the sky’s falling in , we’ll get hammered by 70.

OR

I can have some hope , that the team will want to do better in front of their home crowd.

I’m happy to take option 2 thanks

Not much left in life if you can’t dream is there ??

I can spend the next week being depressed by every post on Silvertails , we are doomed , the sky’s falling in , we’ll get hammered by 70.

OR

I can have some hope , that the team will want to do better in front of their home crowd.

I’m happy to take option 2 thanks
Love your optimism and I certainly see things in a lot better light than I did last half of last season.

Hoping it's not two steps forward one step back this year (but won't be surprised if it is).

They actually have a fairly decent pack when focused
And on paper , so do we.

Not competition winning standard but not that bad.

I think we just faced what was a perfect storm on Saturday night , and every club , yes all the other 15, would have suffered the same or a similar result.

It’s how we approach the next 2-3 games that will tell, if we get our arses kicked in each and every one , then I’ll have to start being realistic as well.

Until then , I’m remaining mildly positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8