Post-Game Discussion Manly v Knights [Round 18, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Knights
42 4 Pines Park
16 Jul 2022 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

Just back from the game, manly was in control and looking good live. Cruising.

Interesting reading through the game thread, everyone is so down on manly! I guess it looks different on tv!
I watched it on tellly and it looked great. There’s always people who see the negative on here. Not me. Soaking up the good feelings after a great win.

Yep, and it pains me to harp on about it, but I still can't believe we're breaking up one of the great halves partnerships of the last decade (possibly more) and letting Foran go again. It's not a matter of preferring Foran over Cherry or Cherry over Foran, it's just that as a combination they are up there with the greats. That try the two of them worked for Saab down the short side tonight was as close as rugby league will ever get to poetry. It was beautiful.

And I know some people will fault Foz for the way he left us originally, but surely that's all water under the bridge and all that matters is the football he helps the team produce. Besides which, even if we care about it, the players clearly don't. It's so rare to find a halves combination like this one, and it was almost a miracle we ever got to see it again. So to think of Foz ending his career at the Titans breaks my heart.
There is no doubt much that goes on behind the scenes, but you have to wonder if it‘s beyond the wit of anyone in the Manly organisation to seek out amother third party agreement, that would keep him at the Club and go past 200 NRL games at the Sea Eagles in 2023.

I'm starting to worry we might lose Paseka & Schuster........Paseka was awesome off the bench last week & this week misses out. Schuster on for the last 10 minutes? Have a horrible feeling they may ask for a release. With Foran, Walker, Marty & Davey leaving end of the season it could be a big concern. Not sure what is going on with selections. Paseka has been in the squad for a few weeks now & played in NSW Cup but can't get a start? I understand he's coming back from injury but just seems like something is not right. Schuster playing the last few minutes of games? I dunno just worries me.

Yep, and it pains me to harp on about it, but I still can't believe we're breaking up one of the great halves partnerships of the last decade (possibly more) and letting Foran go again. It's not a matter of preferring Foran over Cherry or Cherry over Foran, it's just that as a combination they are up there with the greats. That try the two of them worked for Saab down the short side tonight was as close as rugby league will ever get to poetry. It was beautiful.

And I know some people will fault Foz for the way he left us originally, but surely that's all water under the bridge and all that matters is the football he helps the team produce. Besides which, even if we care about it, the players clearly don't. It's so rare to find a halves combination like this one, and it was almost a miracle we ever got to see it again. So to think of Foz ending his career at the Titans breaks my heart.
Very well said and I share your pain/sadness. It's a damn shame our halves partners will be separated and I fear how we'll go next year without Foz.

Just back from the game, manly was in control and looking good live. Cruising.

Interesting reading through the game thread, everyone is so down on manly! I guess it looks different on tv!
1000% agree.

The Game day thread and post game thread is like a multiple personality schizophrenic sufferer at its best.

Game day didn't relate at all to the game I watched.
We were great.
They played tough and for the first 50 min it was a tight game which we always had in control. 2 knights try came from a wonder kick and a runaway. Oshay Olay was massive. DCE was on fire. Davey was Rep standard tonight. Garrick, Saab, tippy.... in fact we didn't have a bad player.

Then the post game thread is like a love in. WTF.....

I'm starting to worry we might lose Paseka & Schuster........Paseka was awesome off the bench last week & this week misses out. Schuster on for the last 10 minutes? Have a horrible feeling they may ask for a release. With Foran, Walker, Marty & Davey leaving end of the season it could be a big concern. Not sure what is going on with selections. Paseka has been in the squad for a few weeks now & played in NSW Cup but can't get a start? I understand he's coming back from injury but just seems like something is not right. Schuster playing the last few minutes of games? I dunno just worries me.
Marty gone next year so Paseka will be going nowhere. I think Des sees Keppie as a game starter and is trying to prepare him for next year.Paseka as a massive bench talent and will be a big part of 2023. I'd rather he get game time in the regies than be 18th man.

The Shoe will be a 6 next year and I wouldn't be surprised if Des is starting to look at retuning him for that position already. Given Davey is going so well as a starter it allows Des to keep the shoe on the bench and play him in the halves as he did tonight when cherry came off. He needs to drop a few Kgs and get some speed back before 23. There is absolutely no benefit in having the shoe playing 70 min in the second row now he's heading back to the 6. It would only make him bigger and less mobile so its a good plan at the moment.

As well as Foz, going to really miss Walker playing his role at 14. Like in previous games, it's so noticeable when he comes on he adds a spark of energy and the team goes up a notch.

It baffled me why Sipley didn't come on till the 2nd half and Schu only played the last 10 minutes.

After the game (like after the Storm) again Ben T, as well as Schu, were doing speed time trials with a timekeeper. Felt a bit sorry for Ben who must be frustrated being 18th man and getting no match time in any grade.

T'was a great crowd and atmosphere at Brookie and goes to show a Saturday late afternoon game makes a difference, plus the clear weather helped. The whole team played well and it was an awesome night!

(Weird observation - why would a guy in a Rabbits jersey go to our game and sit amongst Manly fans? lol)

Woohooooooooooooooooo!

Boy there was 20 mins in the first half that looked like everyone was running in quicksand

But a very very nice start to the weekend! :)

I still get physically ill when I see a sutton refereeing our games but I do enjoy the look on his face when Manly go over and he knows he has to blow the whistle for a try.

After the game Sampson said that with the win, Manly move back into the 8.
Is it just me because Manly were in the 8 all last week but the media 'gits' seemed determined to say they weren't?

Anyway.. a great win. 10 thumbs up.

(Weird observation - why would a guy in a Rabbits jersey go to our game and sit amongst Manly fans? lol)
You answered your own question Linda - he is a Rabbitohs supporter - therefore he is weird.

Always have a chuckle at these people that go to games where their team is not involved, who feel the need to wear their team’s colours.

Smacks of insecurity issues? Discuss.

I know people love Davey around here and he’s playing really well lately but here’s some perspective. He’s leaving for Parramatta of all teams next year, a year into a 2 year deal while we’ve stuck by him post ACL injury and now given him a starting spot over one of our best young players.

I’d much rather we play blokes who are committed to the club long term rather than those who are leaving. As good as a 30 point win over a **** Knights team is, we aren’t going too far in this comp so may as well build for the future rather than trying to make something happen with this team missing our best player.
Same with Taupau over Paseka. Don't get it. Especially since Marty hasnt been in the best form

Andrew Voss first made me aware that there's a "south sydney jersey" guy at every footy game.

they're a weird mob.

I see that I'm not the only one who noticed the look on Sutton's face. :D

I was going to post a screen shot of sutton's 'damn it, manly scored' face... but imgur . com was being a douche.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8