Post-Game Discussion Manly v Knights [Round 18, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Knights
42 4 Pines Park
16 Jul 2022 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

It amazes me that we denigrate our amazing jersey for the love of a stinking dollar. Whoever came up with this idea hide your head in shame. Absolute sacrilege.
The bottom of it looked like blue plastic. It was horrible. STOP F-CKING WITH THE JERSEY! Repeat.

Reminds me of that black Storm/Penrith-like shocker earlier this year. Or the blue & gold Marvel number in 2014.

The bottom of it looked like blue plastic. It was horrible. STOP F-CKING WITH THE JERSEY! Repeat.

Reminds me of that black Storm/Penrith-like shocker earlier this year. Or the blue & gold Marvel number in 2014.
Points bet got their special Jersey and this one was for URM. I'm not a fan of either but it's a small price to pay for our best looking jersey in years with no off colour sponsorship banners.

Post game on the sidelines cheering some Manly players acknowledging us whilst doing a victory lap, Ponga came over to the fence, took off his headgear and handed it to a little Knights fan next to us. Holding the headgear in his outstretched hands the boy was overwhelmed...the look on his face was priceless.

Ponga has his knockers but for him to do that after such a loss at an away game, deserves credit where credit's due. The only other Knight who made an effort to come over taking selfies for fans was their other origin player, J Saifiti. Good on them I say.

Andrew Voss first made me aware that there's a "south sydney jersey" guy at every footy game.

they're a weird mob.
20210114_211845.jpg

Do recall you making that comparison with Jennings and not an unreasonable assessment . Just hope that he has another 10 years or more in Manly colours
I'm really hoping so. Sadly my other tip of Aaron Groom (90's) to be the next halfback ended up with him at Asquith Bears I think. For us oldies. I took a lot of flak (fun) on him. Absolute gun in juniors and went missing as soon as he got into seniors. Tolu is going to brain it in 1-2 years with so many games under his belt. He's already seen as a definite. Sometimes Des has to give the kids a try. I'm sure Josh will step up as well next year. These kids are the superstars of their generation.

I'm really hoping so. Sadly my other tip of Aaron Groom (90's) to be the next halfback ended up with him at Asquith Bears I think. For us oldies. I took a lot of flak (fun) on him. Absolute gun in juniors and went missing as soon as he got into seniors. Tolu is going to brain it in 1-2 years with so many games under his belt. He's already seen as a definite. Sometimes Des has to give the kids a try. I'm sure Josh will step up as well next year. These kids are the superstars of their generation.
Asquith magpies

Yep, and it pains me to harp on about it, but I still can't believe we're breaking up one of the great halves partnerships of the last decade (possibly more) and letting Foran go again. It's not a matter of preferring Foran over Cherry or Cherry over Foran, it's just that as a combination they are up there with the greats. That try the two of them worked for Saab down the short side tonight was as close as rugby league will ever get to poetry. It was beautiful.

And I know some people will fault Foz for the way he left us originally, but surely that's all water under the bridge and all that matters is the football he helps the team produce. Besides which, even if we care about it, the players clearly don't. It's so rare to find a halves combination like this one, and it was almost a miracle we ever got to see it again. So to think of Foz ending his career at the Titans breaks my heart.
I know am clutching at straws here, I wonder if Foz has a get out clause if Holbrook get's his marching orders.....just sayin !!

Asquith magpies
Remember the dogs
yeah remember the dogs signed him and we thought we had lost the next Joey Johns. For such a talented player it was a surprise that he never stepped up in first grade.

Yes you did cop plenty of flak for that 😀 but I saw Groome play a few games in Ball and he would cut sides up

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8