Post-Game Discussion Manly v Knights [Round 18, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Knights
42 4 Pines Park
16 Jul 2022 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

You answered your own question Linda - he is a Rabbitohs supporter - therefore he is weird.

Always have a chuckle at these people that go to games where their team is not involved, who feel the need to wear their team’s colours.

Smacks of insecurity issues? Discuss.
The bloke wearing the parra footy jumper 4 days in a row when Aussies played Pakistan in the cricket in Pakistan was total insanity to everyone in the world except him.

Been saying it for a while and he showed it last night. Tolu is definitely a Michael Jennings and that try confirmed it. isn't it great having flying backs for the first time in a while. Tom, Garrick, Tolu, Saab. Garrick and that run through the middle just showed teams have to be so ready for the speed that we have.

Feel good win in so many ways and must have been even better actually being at the ground , If they can keep that level of form and intensity up could really make a statement for the rest off the season . Just so many top line performances naturally led by D C E but special wrap for Saab great all round game . Along with Koula , Garrick and the big O , some WOW factor in attack . Jake , Croker , Haumole and Davey really setting the standard high in ruck defence . great team effort and resolve , please keep it up .

Been saying it for a while and he showed it last night. Tolu is definitely a Michael Jennings and that try confirmed it. isn't it great having flying backs for the first time in a while. Tom, Garrick, Tolu, Saab. Garrick and that run through the middle just showed teams have to be so ready for the speed that we have.
Do recall you making that comparison with Jennings and not an unreasonable assessment . Just hope that he has another 10 years or more in Manly colours

After the game Sampson said that with the win, Manly move back into the 8.
Is it just me because Manly were in the 8 all last week but the media 'gits' seemed determined to say they weren't?
Hi GE, what I think Ms Sampson said was that Manly moved back into the 8 after Roosters had temporarily leapfrogged us with their big win over Dragqueens earlier in the day.

I wouldn't swap the next 10 years of Koula for pretty much any other centre in the game.

Wasn’t only that play Mick, but Koula went on his own in his second half break veering left straight into Ponga when he knew he had DCE supporting on his right. Certain try bombed #2.
Koula needs to be given a spray from Des for not passing to Tuipolutu for an easy try near the end. Was a hog play from him.
He also didn’t pass to DCE which

Yep that was right in front of me. I guess he is only a kid so we need to give him some slack. In both instances he would have scored in the juniors so I reckon that was the reason for his error of judgement.

Great performance, more than made up for that DISGUSTING jersey they were wearing.

Watch out for next week as we run out in a jersey that adds blue to our jersey tastefully

1658021919004.png

Not a biggie, but at 6-all and DCE's kick off coming down near the goal posts, how did the Knights player get away with being allowed to stuff the catch, the ball goes and and sits on the goal post pads, then be allowed to reach up and take the ball. Should be a knock on ruled.

Weirdest kick off since Matai kick off at Shark Park hit the cross bar black dot on the full and then bounced straight out on the full over the dead ball line. Manly got penalised for kickoff going out on the full.

SECTION 10
If, after knocking-on accidentally, the player knocking-on regains or kicks the ball
before it touches the ground, a goal post, cross bar or an opponent, then play shall be allowed to proceed. Otherwise play shall stop and a scrum shall be formed except after the fifth play-the-ball.

Great performance, more than made up for that DISGUSTING jersey they were wearing.

Watch out for next week as we run out in a jersey that adds blue to our jersey tastefully

View attachment 21585
I saw the team before the game all hiring blue cummerbunds at the formal hire place on Pittwater rd. It was some school formal-type prank, and I’m gobsmacked they actually wore them all game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8