Manly signings thread where we can discuss!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Marty is an enigma. He is a standout every week, yet his teams rarely make the 8. There’s something there for the money ball people.
I,ll say it again.It must be him. Remember, he got out of his contract with the Tigpies to come to us because he wasnt happy, surprise surprise.When it gets too hot for him in the kitchen he just wants to get out, if so, then we should let him loose, sorry

I love Marty TauPower . He would squeeze in any top team in any nation IMO
Any player that possess superior size skill and speed is a player any quality coach can take advantage and bring out their maximum strengths
r0_0_3000_1947_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

I,ll say it again.It must be him. Remember, he got out of his contract with the Tigpies to come to us because he wasnt happy, surprise surprise.When it gets too hot for him in the kitchen he just wants to get out, if so, then we should let him loose, sorry
Too much team Kapow.
I'm a Marty fan but I'd rather another Joel Thompson...

Any player that possess superior size skill and speed is a player any quality coach can take advantage and bring out their maximum strengths
View attachment 9620
Marty has all the tools bozo but you can’t ignore attitude and I don’t think he’s a winner. He gets the flashy numbers but I don’t feel like he’s ever gone and won us a game. He reminds me a bit of Paul Gallen.

View attachment 9620
I think your gym junkie disposition is colouring your thinking here.
What I see is a super ego size-queen who goes for the glory but avoids the grunt.
It's not easy even for the most 'quality' of coaches to overcome such an ego and get them to play as a team player and actually consistently put in in defence. Our most glaring problem this season was that we were a bunch of very talented individuals, but not a team.
He had the same problem at the Tigers.

I think your gym junkie disposition is colouring your thinking here.
What I see is a super ego size-queen who goes for the glory but avoids the grunt.
It's not easy even for the most 'quality' of coaches to overcome such an ego and get them to play as a team player and actually consistently put in in defence. Our most glaring problem this season was that we were a bunch of very talented individuals, but not a team.
He had the same problem at the Tigers.
I think differently . I think TauPower is an elite player in his own right . Under Trent I saw no team work from our team

Marty has all the tools bozo but you can’t ignore attitude and I don’t think he’s a winner. He gets the flashy numbers but I don’t feel like he’s ever gone and won us a game. He reminds me a bit of Paul Gallen.
I think a good coach can sort those little things out and bring out the beast in him. He is a beast and looks good in our colours. I like him anyway

I think a good coach can sort those little things out and bring out the beast in him. He is a beast and looks good in our colours. I like him anyway
Marty is a Super competitor, the way to get him on side and lift his game to the next level - is to win games.

Marty is a Super competitor, the way to get him on side and lift his game to the next level - is to win games.
I agree with you there maxta . When a team wins and lifts so do the players spirits . The aura of winning and confidence does wonders

We need another Joel Thompson, anyone have some suggestions off contract OR playing at another club we could poach that’s perhaps in the last year of their contract??

Another Joel Thompson? One is enough thanks, he has his good points, sure, but he misses a helluva lot of tackles, stuffs up decoy running and runs into the markers way too much, for small meterage. He has a pretty limited game and I find him way too 1 dimensional as a footy player. Poor mans Boyd cordner.

Another Joel Thompson? One is enough thanks, he has his good points, sure, but he misses a helluva lot of tackles, stuffs up decoy running and runs into the markers way too much, for small meterage. He has a pretty limited game and I find him way too 1 dimensional as a footy player. Poor mans Boyd cordner.
You obviously watch a different game to me. Joel was one of our best and toughest all year. Only missed a few tackles in the last couple games. When they say "another joel Thompson" they're talking about his heart, leadership and determination

Obviously, but that doesn't make any of what I said not true ( I also said he had some good points) he missed 42 tackles this year, twice as many as lane who played on our other edge (and in the middle)

Don't get me wrong, I think he offers enough to be a worthwhile addition to the club, I was just saying we didn't need two of him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4