Manly signings thread where we can discuss!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Of course not, but it will certainly help determine who gets a contract and for how long. I have no problem with Croker as a depth signing, he isn't going to command big coin and we have shipped off pretty much every depth half we had. If Elgey or DCE go down next year are you hoping Cust or Metcalfe man up ??

I wonder if Fainu is being considered the #1 standby half or 5/8 .. ??

Yep, I think he'll definitely be our #14 mate to cover Api, DCE or Elgey if/when required. Also, I think that is a really sound to good 9,7, 6 & 14.

Now for two Wingers and a good forward to replace Lane PLUS a fit Sirronen and I’m reasonably happy about 2019.

And if the news I’m hiding comes to fruition as well I reckon we can just put 2018 in the shredder and start being positive again!!

This isn’t part of my information but I’d be surprised if the club isn’t looking at the obvious deficiencies, a forward to replace Lane and a winger or two.

We don’t need a recruitment manager to know this.

And add up up all that money from those leaving , less perhaps a little for upgrades and I still reckon we have the funds for a reasonable forward ( think clubs who’ve had youngsters come through , perhaps like Brisbane with young Fifita, so they either lose a current player or him....I’m thinking the 30 here not the $$$) who may be an existing player still on contract for 2019.

Cartwright is signed as assistant coach ( at least) so there’s nothing stopping him being used to scout out options.

I think we’ll know a lot more by just after the GF when they launch the 2019 Membership campaign.

@The Wheel hinted at this in a post yesterday.

Wether the news is “ ho hum” or “ no surprises there “ or “ wow we are back baby” is unknown at this stage!!

Here are the bones, and what we need to build around:

01. Tom Trbojevic
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka

Given the lack of speed and agility in the 13 players named, pure explosive speed is a must.

Mate I hope this is what the coach etc is looking at. As the bones are decent. Just need some speed on the wings and we will go well. I think Suli has done enough to earn his wing spot. Just need a young speedstar on the other! Surely there is someone out there capable of having a break through season on the wing.

Last edited:
This isn’t part of my information but I’d be surprised if the club isn’t looking at the obvious deficiencies, a forward to replace Lane and a winger or two.

We don’t need a recruitment manager to know this.

And add up up all that money from those leaving , less perhaps a little for upgrades and I still reckon we have the funds for a reasonable forward ( think clubs who’ve had youngsters come through , perhaps like Brisbane with young Fifita, so they either lose a current player or him....I’m thinking the 30 here not the $$$) who may be an existing player still on contract for 2019.

Cartwright is signed as assistant coach ( at least) so there’s nothing stopping him being used to scout out options.

I think we’ll know a lot more by just after the GF when they launch the 2019 Membership campaign.

@The Wheel hinted at this in a post yesterday.

Wether the news is “ ho hum” or “ no surprises there “ or “ wow we are back baby” is unknown at this stage!!

It could be quite a while until we're in the, wow we are back basket....but thats we're I'm putting my eggs! Based on nothing but a love of the club!

Bring on 2019!!!

Lets see what you've got, you bitch!! >:)

Apart from the 8 x 2018 players confirmed as gone, according to the records I keep these players are off contract now:

Croker
Jetski - supposedly going to be renewed
Koroisau - going to be extended, unconfirmed
Sironen - going to be extended, unconfirmed
Suli
Tanginoa

No doubt waiting for the salary cap saga to be resolved but when it is, I'd say there'll be quite a few changes to the 2018 players' list.
Refer this sticky thread

https://silvertails.net/threads/mwse-squad-contract-status.47574/

Tanginoa definitely extended for another year.

Jetski / Api / Siro all allegedly extended - just nothing official (you can look that this link for rumour on Siro at start of year regarding 3 year deal - DT Link ).

I also assume Suli will be here next year. Croker ??

Refer this sticky thread

https://silvertails.net/threads/mwse-squad-contract-status.47574/

Tanginoa definitely extended for another year.

Jetski / Api / Siro all allegedly extended - just nothing official (you can look that this link for rumour on Siro at start of year regarding 3 year deal - DT Link ).

I also assume Suli will be here next year. Croker ??
Im hoping not Croker.

Not because of his lack of ability but that’s his second ACL, and as we know that ain’t great!!!

I'm told Kapow isn't popular with some of our better players and that they wouldn't be unhappy if he did join Easts in 2019.
That insight/rumour is from a friend of mine in the media.

Now for two Wingers and a good forward to replace Lane PLUS a fit Sirronen and I’m reasonably happy about 2019.

And if the news I’m hiding comes to fruition as well I reckon we can just put 2018 in the shredder and start being positive again!!
Aight mate - message me - PLEASE. You know I won't hold you to it, and you have my confidence !

I'm told Kapow isn't popular with some of our better players and that they wouldn't be unhappy if he did join Easts in 2019.
Some of the better players? Sorry, Taupau is probably a top 5 NRL (and Rugby League) forward in the game today. Not one other player in the team would come close to that mark, including the Turbo's.

What sort of media? Country style?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6