Manly signings thread where we can discuss!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need another Joel Thompson, anyone have some suggestions off contract OR playing at another club we could poach that’s perhaps in the last year of their contract??
As much as I hate the worms and their culture I would think Nathan Brown fits the bill.
Just plays wholehearted footy without the carry on.
Sure he gets his hits wrong sometimes but geez he leads by example.

Elgey should bring more attacking options and game management... although I would prefer a higher profile half option.

We scored enough points this year that we should have been challenging for the top eight.

More attacking options might even stifle our attack or are we going for a 54-52 holden cup style of play. Our defense is the problem that needs fixed. We need drastic change somewhere.

This year has proven, on many occasions, that it doesn't matter if you make all the metres in the world... If you can't use those metres, you don't win football games.

We need less metres and more game management, better D and more attacking options.

Elgey should bring more attacking options and game management... although I would prefer a higher profile half option.

We desperately need a defensive forward. A hard working Jurbo style player to tighten up our line and/or someone to attack in defence....a big hitter.

Can someone please pass on my wishlist to the recruitment manager we don't have yet...

Don't forget that Api is a staunch defender, and he'll be returning. We missed him around the ruck.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/stats/teams

Some interesting end of year stats. Our attack was ok and we were 9th in the league for points scored but far and away the worst conceded. Missed tackles and errors were mid table which surprised me. Kick return meters were the second worst and kick metres the worst. We lost the kicking duel!! Last in long kicks as well. SOS a kicking game and strong ball returning wingers.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/stats/teams

Some interesting end of year stats. Our attack was ok and we were 9th in the league for points scored but far and away the worst conceded. Missed tackles and errors were mid table which surprised me. Kick return meters were the second worst and kick metres the worst. We lost the kicking duel!! Last in long kicks as well. SOS a kicking game and strong ball returning wingers.
From my view I saw some great individual efforts but as a team we are a team without a soul .
I remember watching and hearing some games on tv and radio and even the commentators were perplexed with the way we were playing as a team and the options we were taking .
What actions was the coach taking to fix those issues ?
Trent proved all last year he had no idea
I never saw anything to suggest other wise

Did anyone watch the Intrust SF between Dragons v Dogs yesterday?

Here is an excerpt from the match report on NSWRLcom

The Dragons were boosted by the inclusions of Jai Field and Blake Lawrie who both played in the NRL last night, with Field in particular causing havoc with the ball in hand. Reuben Garrick was one of, if not, the best player of the field despite being on the losing team with two tries, a try assist, and an involvement in the last try.

Whats people's thoughts about Kelly as a winger. He has the speed and seems pretty safe under the high ball. I actually think he plays more like a winger anyway

Would prefer him at centre. We’ve seen from the limited opportunities his been given that if he’s provided early ball and space he can be very damaging. So of the best deceptive football and strength I’ve him from a small centre.

We also saw last year that he can draw and pass quite well when we actually used our wingers rather than this year to take the first 2 hitups.

We just need a good coach to implement the right structures so our lethal centres can create.

Like it.
Great finisher. Doesn't mind the hard yards out of our territory. Good under the highball.
Be interesting to see him in the open too. Has electric footwork so what he lacks in genuine speed he makes up for with an elusive step....

Who you thinking at centre ?... Walker and ... Garrick?
Yeah possibly Garrick or a fit suli. Suli played left centre at tigers and looked good. Just needs to lose a few, maybe ballin can get a few of the boys fit. I like the sound of this garrick aswell

I’m interested in your take on him @The better Robbo were you a winger too?

I was thinking he could be a 5/8.
I was a centre. He has alot of footy skills and seems a natural footballer. Im sure he could do a good job at 5/8 but would take too much time to have him ready. Im sure he could do a similar job to walker.
One thing I do know is i want him in our side for a long time to come. I reckon he'll go to a new level this year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8