Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters
seriously take the offer and please leave.
Hasler is more manly than you pretenders will ever be. It's a results driven business Scott and Rick and since you took full control we have been a shadow of the club we used to be. You have no idea of our culture, the treatment of hasler 2010 when you were half owner then the treatment of toovey in 2015 and des this year. Take the money and run.

DC16753F-0429-49B2-B649-49D91841E5DD.jpeg

My best mate is CEO of a front of jersey sponsor of an NRL club. He told me long ago that one key reason why clubs don’t want Flanagan is that sponsors will walk and don’t want to be aligned with the man and his drugs past.
I’ve heard that as well. I think he’d be well aware, and is happy to do the commentary on Fox. (Which, I have to admit, I don’t mind. Doesn’t yell and shoot his load like many of the others.)

My best mate is CEO of a front of jersey sponsor of an NRL club. He told me long ago that one key reason why clubs don’t want Flanagan is that sponsors will walk and don’t want to be aligned with the man and his drugs past.
If Des is sacked my pick would be Jason Ryles, flanno has the smell as much as his mate buzz tries to land him a gig

Funny how we talk about Flanagan yet people conveniently forget we employed Stephen Dank in an official capacity as a consultant between 2006 and 2010.

I wonder what he was doing? He just decided drugs were a good idea at Cronulla and Essendon yeah ok.

Depends who the buyers are, but the Penns are the key thing holding the team back. Only problem is they could sell it to someone worse.

SHOOSH

Which captain of a struggling NRL club is off-side with teammates. This is potentially a huge off-season story. The coach and chief executive are aware of the situation and it is getting to a stage where the skipper may have to be stood down from the role.

Sounds like DCE?
By process of elimination (other than Ponga?), I think it has to be DCE.

SHOOSH

Which captain of a struggling NRL club is off-side with teammates. This is potentially a huge off-season story. The coach and chief executive are aware of the situation and it is getting to a stage where the skipper may have to be stood down from the role.

Sounds like DCE?
100% DCE you only have to watch his presser last night he only cares about himself.

DCE and des looks like lost chicken’s last night they have both lost the playing group.

seriously take the offer and please leave.
Hasler is more manly than you pretenders will ever be. It's a results driven business Scott and Rick and since you took full control we have been a shadow of the club we used to be. You have no idea of our culture, the treatment of hasler 2010 when you were half owner then the treatment of toovey in 2015 and des this year. Take the money and run.

View attachment 22160
Surely we can't be that lucky for it to happen. Penn's time here is long past. They're holding this club down.

SHOOSH

Sounds like DCE?

Yeah I saw things at Canberra that indicated the players were leaning to Foz on the field. Often DCE was alone and clearly on the nose.

Lets face it DCE totally unlikeable - I have never warmed to him as a player (i appreciate his skill but dont like him), person or captain, an issue i have never had in my near 50 sears supporting this team.

Make Tom the captain and Jake 2IC now. Or vice versa.

I'm hearing from various voices that Penn intends to send Manly to the US competition where he can make more bucks. Granted the NRL owns the Franchise but I wonder if he can tell the players to move? I can't see how, but when there is a will there's a way. Watch this space...the noise is in next 4 years. I wonder what is in the sub clauses inside contracts?

LOL what a load of ****e. Is this like the time that Zorba beat up a story that the North Sydney Bears were going to buy us ? No one is offering "big dollars" to buy a break even business, especially not us. Just dribble from some pro Mr Fluffy media hack.

I'm hearing from various voices that Penn intends to send Manly to the US competition where he can make more bucks. Granted the NRL owns the Franchise but I wonder if he can tell the players to move? I can't see how, but when there is a will there's a way. Watch this space...the noise is in next 4 years. I wonder what is in the sub clauses inside contracts?

Sorry had two threads open wrong thread lol sorry about that Supreme.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12