Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Trial set for 9:30 am Monday 26 July. Let's hope it proceeds on that date.

Manase Trial.jpg

Can anyone read this article about Fainu pretty sure it will be saying his court case is delayed again

for others

Wait goes on for Fainu and Manly

Nearly two years after he was first charged over the stabbing of a man outside a church dance, forgotten Manly hooker Manase Fainu was scheduled to go to trial next week.

Fainu has been stood down since the start of the 2020 season under the game’s no-fault stand-down policy but he still has a contract with the Sea Eagles for this season and next.

There was every chance had he been successful in court, he would have returned for Manly for the run in to the finals. What a boost that would have been. Fainu was fast becoming one of the game’s best hookers before falling foul of the law.

He has continued training with the Manly squad and been around the side on game day. However, he didn’t travel to Queensland when the competition relocated because he was preparing for his date in court.

Instead, his career is again in limbo after his case was deferred.

“This latest delay only adds even more stress and anxiety for Manase,” Manly chief executive Steve Humphreys said.

“His football career but more importantly his whole life has been on hold for the better part of two years now. Thankfully he continues to receive great support from his loving and close knit family as well as his teammates and the club.”

His unavailability comes as the Sea Eagles prepare to welcome back Curtis Sironen from long-term injury.

Sironen is off contract at season’s end and in his absence, Josh Schuster and Haumole Olakau’atu have become fixtures in the back row.

Sironen may struggle to force his way back into the picture.

2 years eh
You hang with cripples you walk with a limp

Like all of us , Manase I believe would wish he made better life decisions

I have made many mistakes and caused others distress but I knew the rules

I like the guy and I hope he has a good future

but it isn’t the leagues problem

The court case will be end of lock down Sydney plus 4 weeks. A few of my cases have been deferred as such. Some will be be extended as there is a back log and they will defer cases to get rid of the shorter simpler cases. Wouldn't be holding my breathe for a resolution this year. The timing will be affected by Lawyer availability, witness availability and jurors being available.

The court case will be end of lock down Sydney plus 4 weeks. A few of my cases have been deferred as such. Some will be be extended as there is a back log and they will defer cases to get rid of the shorter simpler cases. Wouldn't be holding my breathe for a resolution this year. The timing will be affected by Lawyer availability, witness availability and jurors being available.

A few of your cases...???

Just how many crimes have you been charged with?

I think we can forget Fainu for this year as this covid mess drags on and on.

Hopefully when the trial starts we will know one way or another what is going on cause its been a frustrating time having a quality player like that in limbo due to the leagues policy and the constant delays in the court proceedings.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4