Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd say career in NRL is now over. Given he has chosen to delay 3 months himself because of his Morman Mission, obviously no longer a priority to get it over with. Sad for him as he was great, wasted talent.

NRL won't change position based on the seriousness of charge.

I hope you get off mate. Whatever you’ve been charged with, I’m sure it’s not your go.
Mate, already been convicted by the family of being an idiot, the jurors were unanimous with their decision, quickest decision every. I reckon they were biased.
I didn't read that as Fainu was away on a Mormon mission.
Courts are experiencing massive delays because of coronavirus disruptions and Judge Gina O’Rourke said the next possible date for the two-week trial was June next year.

However that was also ruled out because, the court heard, the victim was on a Mormon mission outside Adelaide and was not in a position to give evidence until July 25 next year.

I'd say career in NRL is now over. Given he has chosen to delay 3 months himself because of his Morman Mission, obviously no longer a priority to get it over with. Sad for him as he was great, wasted talent.
Sorry, SL - article says the victim was on a Mormon mission, not Manase, and was therefore unable to give evidence. So I don't think Manase chose a further delay. But there's still no getting away from the fact that Mormonism is to blame:)

The "No Fault" stand down rule was always ridiculous. I was stunned when it was upheld by the Federal Court, especially given media reports at the time about how poorly the NRL had presented its case, and how poor Greenberg was on the witness stand.

Mate, already been convicted by the family of being an idiot, the jurors were unanimous with their decision, quickest decision every. I reckon they were biased.

Courts are experiencing massive delays because of coronavirus disruptions and Judge Gina O’Rourke said the next possible date for the two-week trial was June next year.

However that was also ruled out because, the court heard, the victim was on a Mormon mission outside Adelaide and was not in a position to give evidence until July 25 next year.

Gee, if accused someone of stabbing me, I sure as hell would want to have them convicted ASAP, and not tell the courts to wait until I'm finished my work.

This needs to be looked at

Not sure where I stand on the stand down rule but regardless it wasnt implemented with Covid in mind.

Surely the NRL should look at an exemption for Manase due to the Covid related delays

Pushed back another 12 months till July 2022. Could be up to 3 years out of the game for something he may be found not guilty. Surely that impedes the presumption of innocence
No, but the NRL should review the situation based on the backlog in the courts, it seems pretty unfair, especially if one is found not guilty, maybe time to introduce a grading system based on the severity of the charge under the no fault stand down debacle.

I can’t imagine how the indefinite time frame surrounding the uncertainty of the legal system is fair or equitable, surely it can’t be that hard to review and come up with a better system.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6