Make or Break

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I get that… and I agree there.. but we’ve also had a few games where we have scored 20-30 pts with our forwards rolling on nicely and the backs just haven’t contributed.. except Garrick, who scored a couple in those games..
It’s been a problem we’ve had for a few years..
look at teams like the panthers and storm, when their fullbacks are out, the wingers and centres are still scoring 3-4 tries a game..
With manly, Tom didn’t play and Manlys entire backline can go months without getting a single try
"Manlys backline can go months without getting a single try"...mmm..want to retract that statement.

I 100% agree.. I think we won’t be a true threat until we replace both centres..
I don’t mind Saab, I could handle his lack of meters and not doing the tough stuff if he was more of an aerial target on attack… look at someone like vunivalu, was good for atleast 1 try a game, usually 2 by out leaping his opponent and scoring try’s.. dce has put plenty up for him and so far hasn’t come down with a single 1 this season… that isn’t good enough.

Parker tries hard but there’s a fair gap between someone like Parker and say, a Justin olam or a kotoni staggs… I feel we need atleast 1 strike centre like those guys to be a true threat
Staggs for mine, but not while we have 3 or 4 marquee players on the books.

3) Our superstar fullback spends as much time on the sideline as he does playing , compare that to Sonic , Dylan what’s his name at Panfers , or Teddy at the Roosters.
Well injuries happen, and in fairness:
Sonic played only 6 games last year. Only 15 the year before.
Edwards played 3 more games than turbo last year but only 14 the year before and only 8 in 2018.
Tedesco hasn't missed a lot in the last couple of years but missed almost 2 full season earlier in his career.

Mmmmm,A couple of aggressive book ends while we are at it.
Then we all good.
A no frills up in your face prop
A hooked that’s about actual hooker
A strike centre

1) I thought it could be Keppie but that seems unlikely.
2) we can’t keep waiting for Fainu and even if he comes back it’s 3-4 years out of the game.
3) this might be Koula , but another one would be handy.

32-0 at half time though?
Yes, and all down one side, and all started from a dropped ball by DCE from the kick off, and never recovered from that moment on. Anyway a couple of good wins on the trot Sths & Tigers will change a lot of pessimism on here.

By the way as far as “ make or break “ there is NOTHING to suggest that anything will change with this team in the near future.

We’ll continue to lose against the top 4
We’ll continue to win most against the middle 8
We’ll continue to beat the bottom 4

So I don’t see this as make it break at all, it’s not like we are at the depth of running last and the players need to step up , the above will continue.

We’ll finish 5th , 6th , maybe 4th and go about the same as last year in the finals.

Yes, and all down one side, and all started from a dropped ball by DCE from the kick off, and never recovered from that moment on. Anyway a couple of good wins on the trot Sths & Tigers will change a lot of pessimism on here.
I don’t think it’s pessimistic at all to realise we’ve got a good team but not a great team.

Let’s be honest we are a LONG way off the top 2 sides and a good distance behind the next 2.

And even at full strength that won’t change!

I’ll enjoy the wins , but I’m being realistic regarding who we play.

Ok. Our wingers need to step up and score more tries.

Can someone let Des know how simple it is.
Would help if they were getting balls after a break is made, right now there getting balls from flatfooted backline movements, and are basically getting snookered with no space to run in.

Well injuries happen, and in fairness:
Sonic played only 6 games last year. Only 15 the year before.
Edwards played 3 more games than turbo last year but only 14 the year before and only 8 in 2018.
Tedesco hasn't missed a lot in the last couple of years but missed almost 2 full season earlier in his career.
Probably right , but are they paid over a million a year ??

Tedesco would be , Papy probably not , Edwards certainly no where near it !!

I don’t think it’s pessimistic at all to realise we’ve got a good team but not a great team.

Let’s be honest we are a LONG way off the top 2 sides and a good distance behind the next 2.

And even at full strength that won’t change!

I’ll enjoy the wins , but I’m being realistic regarding who we play.
You've made some valid points Mark, but a lot of posters on here have overreacted to the 32 nil first half performance. And now have us just making the 8 or outside the 8. I disagree, "even at full strength that wont change" With Tommy and Schuster and Ailoi back in two wks as reported by the club, fingers crossed. Just like we did last year running 4th is definitely on the cards again.

It's not make or break, it's round 7. I think we can be more judgmental during round 11, 12 back to back games of Parra and Melbourne. With what should be a close to full strength side, if we still don't know how to compete with the top teams by then, then it'll be concerning. What have we been learning and improving on for 10 weeks?? Still want us to win on Friday, and certainly can depending on our team list, but far from a make or break game IMO.

Last edited:
You've made some valid points Mark, but a lot of posters on here have overreacted to the 32 nil first half performance. And now have us just making the 8 or outside the 8. I disagree, "even at full strength that wont change" With Tommy and Schuster and Ailoi back in two wks as reported by the club, fingers crossed. Just like we did last year running 4th is definitely on the cards again.
I do say 5th , maybe 4th.

Infinitely possible , BUT just like last year bundled out by the top 1-3

By the way as far as “ make or break “ there is NOTHING to suggest that anything will change with this team in the near future.

We’ll continue to lose against the top 4
We’ll continue to win most against the middle 8
We’ll continue to beat the bottom 4

So I don’t see this as make it break at all, it’s not like we are at the depth of running last and the players need to step up , the above will continue.

We’ll finish 5th , 6th , maybe 4th and go about the same as last year in the finals.
Make or break in the sense of making a statement that we are gonna rise up the ranks or break in the sense that you suggest; more of the same middle of the road crap.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8