Make or Break

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
When you get 5mins Mark, go and have a look at the Panthers recent history from all grades of footy for the past decade.

They have been dominating for a long time. It’s just only starting to filter into the NRL.

They’ve lost 4 regular season games in over 2 years.
Haven’t lost at home in 20+ Consecutive matches.
Undefeated in 2022.

I think they’ve proven that it doesn’t matter if they get picked apart, cause it’s their depth across all the other grades that makes them so strong.

Last year they lost Burton, Naden TPJ (even though he was there just temp), Capewell, Momorovski, and May.
That’s arguably 6 players out of their top 17 —- but how do they respond?…. Undefeated after 7 games in 2022.

They will continue to churn out good players. Their grades are stacked.
Look at Tago, May - you wouldn’t even know their NSW winger is missing these kids are doing so well.
One of the attributes the Panthers have gone on is youth, the philosophy if your good enough your old enough is what the go on.

I would like to Des blood Tuitavake and GKT this season, could solve a few things and add much needed energy.

Its a make or break game so far as being a top 4 contender.

Bunny's aren't exactly hopping at the moment.

There's nothing wrong with the side we have named.
That's exactly what @Snake has been trying to say. We have more than enough talented players out there to beat souffs. Injuries are no excuse. Souffs have their fair share too. A loss on Fri night will end top 4 chances and as such will be yet another year of failure.

That's exactly what @Snake has been trying to say. We have more than enough talented players out there to beat souffs. Injuries are no excuse. Souffs have their fair share too. A loss on Fri night will end top 4 chances and as such will be yet another year of failure.
We are certainly slipping downwards and with another loss will be out of the 8

Careful @mickqld , realism doesn't go down too well these days :rofl: You'll be labelled a disturber of the peace haha.

Lol only the bottom teams say things like "if you put Cleary etc in our team, then everyone would see how good we are..." lol. What a moot point, it almost sounds childish
No comment on how what was shared about Clearly connects to the 2nd half of the comment?

Well, we lost... but I don't think it was for lack of effort.

Take away the 9th minute send off and I'd say we win that match.

Yep, we've become that team who's fans cheer and celebrate a decent effort. Basically the participation award. Remember in Meet The Fockers , Gaylords wall of mediocrity ? Haha.

Some numbnut last week said he felt content after that Sharks game. I won't say who it was, but it's an indicator of our fanbase now.

Next week, the team who everyone said should have their coach sacked are playing us to leapfrog us on the table.

What do you know, despite the circumstances, another potential top 4 team (bunnies) flogging us, scoring 40 odd or more. But Des is happy. Fans too. Hahaha. We'll get the roses from some again after the second straight flogging.

11th - 13th.

Others may disagree, but even though we lost, I think tonight and half of last week were a step in the right direction.

Just to clarify, of course not happy with a loss, but I have seen a lot more grit than at most times last year

Others may disagree, but even though we lost, I think tonight and half of last week were a step in the right direction.

Just to clarify, of course not happy with a loss, but I have seen a lot more grit than at most times last year
With troops back and hopefully not a man down, we should be much readier for the top teams again in our next battles. We are taking strides, I can see it.

74 points conceded in 2 games yet all the rainbows and unicorns chorus still make excuses. I just shake my head at what this once proud and ruthless club and it's support base has become. Accept mediocrity and don't rock the boat by criticising otherwise we'll all have to go off for councilling. Fuk this sh*t.

Yep, we've become that team who's fans cheer and celebrate a decent effort. Basically the participation award. Remember in Meet The Fockers , Gaylords wall of mediocrity ? Haha.

Some numbnut last week said he felt content after that Sharks game. I won't say who it was, but it's an indicator of our fanbase now.

Next week, the team who everyone said should have their coach sacked are playing us to leapfrog us on the table.

What do you know, despite the circumstances, another potential top 4 team (bunnies) flogging us, scoring 40 odd or more. But Des is happy. Fans too. Hahaha. We'll get the roses from some again after the second straight flogging.

11th - 13th.
This coming from the guy that said Brian Kelly would be our best centre if still with the team.

clueless

May have lost on the scoreboard, but played with character which for much of season has been missing
I mean it was far from perfect and there's oodles of room for improvement, but to a man, they had a dig.
Add Tommy T, big Okalatu and Aloiai in for Kaplunk and we will beat 90% of teams based on that performance
Just need to slow the ruck to compete with the other 10%

This coming from the guy that said Brian Kelly would be our best centre if still with the team.

clueless

And wouldn't he be? He's certainly better than Harper and Parker who were our first grade , first choice centres at the club, when the comments were made.

I'd argue Walker is better than him, but the mad scientist refuses to play him in his preferred position, but rather in a spot he continuosly gets banged up (already looking like a mummy on the field).

Now, I think Koula / Tuipulotu have potential, but it's too early to say otherwise.

So what was wrong with that comment? As @mickqld rightfully said above, as a fanbase our expectations are now so low, we cheer losses when we try hard hahaha.

Same as The Bulldogs and Tigers. We are getting those type headlines. "Gallant Sea Eagles strong in defeat" type crap.

Anyways, there's no point in arguing about it. You only get what you give (is that how the song goes?), so in reflection, cheer and defend what you like, you're getting your desserts on the field mate - enjoy.

And I'm clueless hahaha

And wouldn't he be? He's certainly better than Harper and Parker who were our first grade , first choice centres at the club, when the comments were made.

I'd argue Walker is better than him, but the mad scientist refuses to play him in his preferred position, but rather in a spot he continuosly gets banged up (already looking like a mummy on the field).

Now, I think Koula / Tuipulotu have potential, but it's too early to say otherwise.

So what was wrong with that comment? As @mickqld rightfully said above, as a fanbase our expectations are now so low, we cheer losses when we try hard hahaha.

Same as The Bulldogs and Tigers. We are getting those type headlines. "Gallant Sea Eagles strong in defeat" type crap.

Anyways, there's no point in arguing about it. You only get what you give (is that how the song goes?), so in reflection, cheer and defend what you like, you're getting your desserts on the field mate - enjoy.

And I'm clueless hahaha
I'll take Parker over that turnstyle Kelly any day of the week. And i'll take Koula and tuipilotu right now over Kelly as well. But whatever..you are welcome to your view.

Keep up the rage mate. Hopefully it brings you joy

@Snake was right in predicting that last nights game would make or break our season. The character and resilience that the team displayed in the match, has the potential to galvanize the squad for the rest of the season. I respect the opinions of those on here who vehemently disagree, but last night will definitely be a turning point. Its is only a matter now of waiting until the season ends to see exactly what impact this game had. Will we be mediocre or magnificent? Both are possible. However, I am predicting the latter. Lets wait and see what happens once we have our best seventeen available to choose from. Go Manly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10