• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not feeling anxious about them leaving but at the same time i wish the club get them wrapped up on long term deals.

They are the top 2-3 players in their positions and are worth a lot on the open market. Fortunately we have the inside running though and don't discount the Des and co factor.

Perrett, Elgey, Thommo, hodko, Taufua, Api all gone will free up alot of coin. No salary cap penalty next year, we should be able to get Walker on a cheaper deal-he owes us the lotalty we showed him. If we look to find another Garrick, another Waddell then maybe, just maybe we can squeeze them all in. Crusher seems to have an eye for potential.
Its not all about money either, players want to win premierships and play in succesful sides so hopefully they can see thats where we are heading
Question to you brother of Wangman :p
Why would we let Jorge go he’s in career best form and has Finally learnt to catch. Granted he hasn’t scored a grand final hat trick but I think he’s worth keeping. :)

So Kent is confident we will lose the Turbos, to the Dogs, because we haven't got a CEO.

This could prove the difference, but surely Penn will attempt to get the deal done himself.

No doubt life will go on whether they stay or go. I hope they get the best deal possible wherever that may be. They deserve nothing less.

The press just beating drums. Doing us a favour really waking management up. The deals must be done before November. The sooner the better. I’m not a believer in 10 year deals I would extend them for an additional 5 years each. Kent’s comments are curious. I thought we got done by the NRL for third party deals not done at an arms length. If so what difference will a CEO make. I just can’t believe the ingrained hatred for Manly held by some journos and TV presenters. Any chance they get they try to derail our campaign.

Question to you brother of Wangman :p
Why would we let Jorge go he’s in career best form and has Finally learnt to catch. Granted he hasn’t scored a grand final hat trick but I think he’s worth keeping. :)
From all reports his knees are shot, not sure how many good years he has in him. We have guys like Hoppa and Funa who will be ready next year. Jorge is in good form but I wouldn't say career best, he used to barge over people and make breaks all the time.The game has changed and he doesn't have the pace to be an elite winger. If his knees can hold up then yeah maybe worth keeping as a cheap option

So Kent is confident we will lose the Turbos, to the Dogs, because we haven't got a CEO.

This could prove the difference, but surely Penn will attempt to get the deal done himself.

No doubt life will go on whether they stay or go. I hope they get the best deal possible wherever that may be. They deserve nothing less.

Kent is a kumb dunt

Very impressed with Toms interview on Rugby League life - they put him on the spot regarding sticking with Jake as a package deal and the chances of looking outside Manly ?

His response was basically - "I love it here and the Manly club have been great to me, I have another 1.5 years here and want to focus on playing good footy for them".

Continually he spoke of his parents and family being local and loving the area....also mentioned Ben coming through which is another feather in the cap being in the Manly system also.

This bloke is a humble human being and a Super player to have representing the footy club for sponsorships and the type of positive news feeds other NRL clubs can only dream of....is a Must keep and if we discuss preference, he has made it clear that Manly is where the heart is, which Jake wears on his sleeve every game also...add Ben and we have a powerful group to build a successful team around.

Turbo may well be a 1 million dollar player, but currently there is only one forward in the game getting that sort of cash and that is Taumalolo. Jake will no doubt need a decent upgrade but I don't believe it will be one that pushes him to that level of salary.

Agree. Not underselling what Jake does at all BUT many of these same journos now saying " each of the Turbos are worth a million $$$ plus " and you should "break the bank " to get them are the same people who said 6 weeks ago that Latrell Mitchell is the "best player in the game " and " easily worth $1 million a season ". Journos get excited and their job is to say outrageous things.

Taumalolo is on the sort of money and rightly so..... perhaps Klemmer approx. too according to reports BUT the Knights paid overs there and the Knights were a bit needy. Million $$$$ forwards are not the norm.

Not at all

Kent basically said the Bulldogs should look at poaching Tom and Jake and building their team around them. Simply his opinion they they are two good players that could instantly help a struggling club.

Any footy fan would say the same

He never reported that the Dogs have actually identified them as targets etc etc.....all just an opinion piece

From all reports his knees are shot, not sure how many good years he has in him. We have guys like Hoppa and Funa who will be ready next year. Jorge is in good form but I wouldn't say career best, he used to barge over people and make breaks all the time.The game has changed and he doesn't have the pace to be an elite winger. If his knees can hold up then yeah maybe worth keeping as a cheap option
TbR, this article is suggesting Jorge has just signed a two year extension............

Turb your enthusiasm: Manly send message to rivals circling Trbojevics
By Adrian Proszenko, SMH
June 26, 2019

Manly have opened negotiations to retain Jake and Tom Trbojevic on multi-million dollar deals that could result in the brothers remaining on the Northern Beaches until at least the end of 2022.

In a further boost to Manly's chances of convincing them to stay put the youngest Trbojevic sibling, Ben, has recommitted to the club until the end of 2021. It raises the prospect of the trio all playing together at NRL level in coming years.

Story continues at link:https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tu...vals-circling-trbojevics-20190626-p521m8.html

Very impressed with Toms interview on Rugby League life - they put him on the spot regarding sticking with Jake as a package deal and the chances of looking outside Manly ?

His response was basically - "I love it here and the Manly club have been great to me, I have another 1.5 years here and want to focus on playing good footy for them".

Continually he spoke of his parents and family being local and loving the area....also mentioned Ben coming through which is another feather in the cap being in the Manly system also.

This bloke is a humble human being and a Super player to have representing the footy club for sponsorships and the type of positive news feeds other NRL clubs can only dream of....is a Must keep and if we discuss preference, he has made it clear that Manly is where the heart is, which Jake wears on his sleeve every game also...add Ben and we have a powerful group to build a successful team around.
Worst case we block the Spit bridge, Warringah Rd and MV Rd and they're stuck here whether they like it or not!

TbR, this article is suggesting Jorge has just signed a two year extension............

Turb your enthusiasm: Manly send message to rivals circling Trbojevics
By Adrian Proszenko, SMH
June 26, 2019

Manly have opened negotiations to retain Jake and Tom Trbojevic on multi-million dollar deals that could result in the brothers remaining on the Northern Beaches until at least the end of 2022.

In a further boost to Manly's chances of convincing them to stay put the youngest Trbojevic sibling, Ben, has recommitted to the club until the end of 2021. It raises the prospect of the trio all playing together at NRL level in coming years.

Story continues at link:https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tu...vals-circling-trbojevics-20190626-p521m8.html
That is very interesting. I thought jorge was a certainty to be gone. Des knows best I guess, im happy with that decision but still dont think he is a walk up starter for next season with Hoppa and Funa etc adding depth to the backline

That is very interesting. I thought jorge was a certainty to be gone. Des knows best I guess, im happy with that decision but still dont think he is a walk up starter for next season with Hoppa and Funa etc adding depth to the backline

Possibly didn't ask a lot or test the market .... I think he is the sort of bloke who is happy just to play at Manly and secure a contract for his family ... good luck to him ..

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6