• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would love to see them be Manly for life and I'm sure our club will do their utmost to make that happen...

BUT in the end every player has the right to do what's best for themselves and their family so I would never expect them to put 'loyalty' at the forefront of their career choices...

Loyalty is only shown to and expected from the good players and these two kids are such a credit to themselves, their family and our club that I will (begrudgingly maybe) support them wherever their future lies...

PLEASE GOD (cried the agnostic sinner) let it be at Manly tho...

No way in the world will jake and Tom be leaving us. They are manly boys! They live in the area, their family is in the area. Manly will offer them a huge amount of money so I highly doubt they'll pack up and leave everything behind for an extra few dollars. They both have a lifetime career in footy even after they retire, money will not be an issue for these boys and their family

As if they would go to the rabble that is the Bulldogs and have spoon battles every year. It's not as if we wont be offering them plenty too My only worry is that the ridiculous money the Bulldogs will throw at them will push us past our limits and create other problems with player retentions down the track. But the chances of them leaving for anywhere have gotta be very low given we will look after them, and they want to stay, and they are not mercenaries.

Click bait story bet we renew them before it ever gets to firm offers from desperates like the Bulldogs.

Bloody hell if we gave DCE a lifetime contract then what are these guys worth ?

Ironic thing is that it will probably be DCE's lifetime contract that will make it hard to manage the cap and retain these guys. Hopefully they do have a bit more loyalty and won't just do "what's best for their family".

Manly will pay them within the range of their market value, doesn't mean Manly matches the highest offer. Chooks, Storm, sometimes Broncos and others can pay a bit less because players want to be at a certain club. Turbos will be in that category. But if they want to do a Bozo and go to Easts after winning 3 grand finals for us, I'll try not to begrudge them.

We will tie them up long-term... Any contract over four years or so is 'long-term' these days, so if we offer them 7,8 years deals they will see the positives and know that their future is wrapped up in maroon. Plus, as has been said, they are Beaches Boys through and through, they are heavily invested in their junior club and other stuff on the local front. That counts for a lot...

I get the feeling that as long as the club are genuine in making a worthwhile offer to Tom & Jake, they'll accept it to stay at Manly.

As others have said, they're Manly born & bred & the whole family is involved in rugby league on the northern beaches at a grassroots level.

As long as their managers dont start putting silly ideas into their heads...but I dont think they would fall for any of that malarkey, they strike me as genuine, hard working guys who probably seek advice/final approval for big decisions from their parents, rather than be sold a load of bull by a used car salesman of a manager.

We have a few Aces up the sleeves.....coming from a respectful family base with good morals, they seem to appreciate the opportunity Manly has given them and have certainly repaid the faith with change, making it a happy place for them to stay local.
Also the fact their brother Ben is only a year or 2 off getting a shot, I think it's a definite advantage that the boys would love to stick together at the 1 club, at least for the near future.

Gofundme
#keepthetrbojevics

I’m sure we could get $1m from all the Manly supporters out there.

Hypothetically you raise a very interesting point ...... perhaps a legal mind amonst could ponder that ...... what are the criteria for 3rd Party agreements?..... if the money raised was from supporters with no affilliation to the club .... even so, if the money raised was from Silvertails to promote the site ... then that would be a simple marketing deal similar to the fox or media deals ...

With cherry on the books I can't see how we can offer the bros million dollar deals a year and keep the likes of AFB and Taupau etc. and be premiership threats??

Turbo may well be a 1 million dollar player, but currently there is only one forward in the game getting that sort of cash and that is Taumalolo. Jake will no doubt need a decent upgrade but I don't believe it will be one that pushes him to that level of salary.

I get the feeling that as long as the club are genuine in making a worthwhile offer to Tom & Jake, they'll accept it to stay at Manly.

As others have said, they're Manly born & bred & the whole family is involved in rugby league on the northern beaches at a grassroots level.

As long as their managers dont start putting silly ideas into their heads...but I dont think they would fall for any of that malarkey, they strike me as genuine, hard working guys who probably seek advice/final approval for big decisions from their parents, rather than be sold a load of bull by a used car salesman of a manager.
I think their parents will have a big say in what they do. I can't see mum or dad saying ' Oh yes, you should take that massive offer from Easts/C-B/Parra/StGI (whomever). After all, I am sure they have had the conversation about 'money not being everything'. Plus they are also studying, which suggests they will have good career prospects beyond football. Unlike some players. Hence less urgency in seeking massive dollars at another club where they won't necessarily feel at home.

Gutherson's decision to stay put at Parramatta ironically (after all, he is friends with them both) enhances our chances of retaining them - he will not be sucking up several hundred grand in overs (to attract him back) at Manly. Money spared that can also go into upgrading contracts for up and comers like Parker, Fainu and Suli.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6