• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Possibly didn't ask a lot or test the market .... I think he is the sort of bloke who is happy just to play at Manly and secure a contract for his family ... good luck to him ..
100% and congratulations to him, his form warrants an extension, like you say obviously didn't ask much and great experienced guy to have as an option for minimal outlay. Des is starting to put the pieces together for next year. Fair to say Perrett, Thommo and Hodko gone. Decisions to be made with Taupau, Suli, Walker and Api. Not sure how Des fits them all in but I know he'll make the right call, he knows how to build a premiership squad!

Agree. Not underselling what Jake does at all BUT many of these same journos now saying " each of the Turbos are worth a million $$$ plus " and you should "break the bank " to get them are the same people who said 6 weeks ago that Latrell Mitchell is the "best player in the game " and " easily worth $1 million a season ". Journos get excited and their job is to say outrageous things.

Taumalolo is on the sort of money and rightly so..... perhaps Klemmer approx. too according to reports BUT the Knights paid overs there and the Knights were a bit needy. Million $$$$ forwards are not the norm.
these so called jurnos are also calling for inglis, cronk, slater, smith & thurston to be immortals and i believe they have also mentioned taumalolo in there as well so they can get a little excited in the heat of the moment

Dear Mole ... the contract they are currently on is hardly in the realms of "low-ball" ... and I am fairly certain that "sources close" to them wouldn't be going around telling pelicans they were dumy spitting .....

I also believe that there is an amount between what they are currently on ... and what a team of desperates are prepared to pay .... that they will accept to win a Premiership at Manly ... and possibly play with their brother ...

Also as far as setting themselves up for life .... they are both still living at home after 3-4 years of good money ... and most likely already have a real estate portfolio a dribbler like you could only dream of .....

Looks like a planted piece from their manager.
That in itself is an issue if true... this negotiation surely sould be done without a need for the boys manager to generate external pressure from the media... I mean Manly officials already know that these 2 are marquee-level players that could land practically wherever they want without reports of other offers...
As I said, at least the source is sh*t, otherwise I would be concerned that smoke sometimes means a fire...

I remember not believing for a second that Foran would leave the nest...

There is absolutely zero to this piece. Number one I don’t believe negotiations have even gotten to the point of an offer as yet and secondly ‘bulldogs continue to sweeten the pot’, the bulldogs can’t even approach the brothers or their manager at this point.

Just a rubbish article, from a journo that doesn’t have any actual decent story to write, so he jumps on the ‘hype’ story of the last week or so.

How do TPPs work in regards to the salary cap & what the NRL considers "market value" for a player?

I cite when the NRL blocked Parra buying Folau because they deemed the offer below his market value & also the debacle over us having to let Gifty go because we apparently offered him less than the NRL deemed was his market value.

So TPPs dont count in the salary cap yet are supposed to be negotiated by the player & his manager with the 3rd party "at arm's length" from the club.

I'm just wondering about the logistics of clubs buying big name players & relying on TPPs to get them in.

For example, Cooper Cronk agrees to $700k per year for 2 seasons at the Roosters (I'm making these figures up BTW).

A 3rd party offers him $400k per season, bringing his annual income to $1.1m.

Did he agree to the Roosters offer THEN seek the TPP? If so, there was a risk he may not have landed such a lucrative TPP & would be stuck with "only" his Roosters salary...

...or was the TPP arranged prior to the Roosters offer, or was it all done simultaneously?

How would the Roosters know they could get away with offering him only $700k because he has a $400k TPP lined up, if it's supposed to be done independently of the club?

I think Des will do his best to make sure these boys remain here on life time deals. Back ended no doubt to coincide with DCE's retirement. Throw in a testimonial or two. An upgrade in dad's contract at URM...eezy peezy.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8