• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think being privately owned is a big advantage here.

No private owner is going to let his best assets go anywhere.

Lets face it the Roosters are the only club that could afford them anyway.

With cherry on the books I can't see how we can offer the bros million dollar deals a year and keep the likes of AFB and Taupau etc. and be premiership threats??
Its that exact reason I started a thread about us re signing Taupau. Of all our big money stars he is the one off contract. In reality we may not be able to keep them all... Hopefully some guys will take unders to stay in this team who are Building to a premiership and another dominant era

Its that exact reason I started a thread about us re signing Taupau. Of all our big money stars he is the one off contract. In reality we may not be able to keep them all... Hopefully some guys will take unders to stay in this team who are Building to a premiership and another dominant era
In my opinion if this does become an issue koroisau should be the first to let go.. AFB and taupau are the best front row combo in the comp, we need to keep these two somehow as well. I guess time will tell how it all plays out especially with cust, Fainu, Schuster, Hopoate all destined for big things I can't see us keeping them all along with the three turbos. Cherry needs to lead by e.g. and take a pay cut as captain of the club

In my opinion if this does become an issue koroisau should be the first to let go.. AFB and taupau are the best front row combo in the comp, we need to keep these two somehow as well. I guess time will tell how it all plays out especially with cust, Fainu, Schuster, Hopoate all destined for big things I can't see us keeping them all along with the three turbos. Cherry needs to lead by e.g. and take a pay cut as captain of the club
Perrett, Elgey, Thommo, hodko, Taufua, Api all gone will free up alot of coin. No salary cap penalty next year, we should be able to get Walker on a cheaper deal-he owes us the lotalty we showed him. If we look to find another Garrick, another Waddell then maybe, just maybe we can squeeze them all in. Crusher seems to have an eye for potential.
Its not all about money either, players want to win premierships and play in succesful sides so hopefully they can see thats where we are heading

Its sad how we all look at our squad and how the salary cap applies.

If this was the Roosters site and they had our squad they’d be working out where to fit everyone in the starting side if they sign Ponga, Munster and Taupau next year.
Exactly, and this is why Fans shouldn't beat themselves up about contracts.

The higher the profile, the higher the TPA and lower slice of the Cap.:rofl:

Companies have marketing and educational requirements as part of their budget.
They love nothing better than having a sports person come and give some 'Team Building' talk or attend a golf day etc.

I was trying to get my last contract company to move monies to Manly instead of the Warratahs.

The finance guy was not a fan, the year was 2008 :rofl:

Hypothetically you raise a very interesting point ...... perhaps a legal mind amonst could ponder that ...... what are the criteria for 3rd Party agreements?..... if the money raised was from supporters with no affilliation to the club .... even so, if the money raised was from Silvertails to promote the site ... then that would be a simple marketing deal similar to the fox or media deals ...

Problem I see is that 3rd parties would go through the roof. With GoFundMe what is to stop a club say Roosters getting their mega rich Eastern Suburb mates to throw in a fund of say $5, $10 mil to buy a premiership? Yes they all fit under the sombrero that's called a salary cap. Besides Greenturd would want his GST. It would end the competition because half the teams would not be able to compete.

Problem I see is that 3rd parties would go through the roof. With GoFundMe what is to stop a club say Roosters getting their mega rich Eastern Suburb mates to throw in a fund of say $5, $10 mil to buy a premiership? Yes they all fit under the sombrero that's called a salary cap. Besides Greenturd would want his GST. It would end the competition because half the teams would not be able to compete.

Good point .... but is there anything stopping that from happening now .... do we currently have a limit to the amount of TPA's a club can have ??

Good point .... but is there anything stopping that from happening now .... do we currently have a limit to the amount of TPA's a club can have ??

You referring to the ones we know about or those other ones? I'm a tad cynical on this. I don't believe the BS they give us on the numbers. I personally believe there should be a cap on 3rd parties as well. I really don't give a rats of the origin of the 3rd party, each club should have the same opportunity.

You referring to the ones we know about or those other ones? I'm a tad cynical on this. I don't believe the BS they give us on the numbers. I personally believe there should be a cap on 3rd parties as well. I really don't give a rats of the origin of the 3rd party, each club should have the same opportunity.
Restraint of trade.

Also don't like the idea of fans paying money to footballers that already earn close to a million just to keep them at the club. As much as I love the Trbojevic brothers, why I should I pay them from my 5 figure salary when they are already earning close to a million bucks from the club? Not saying that they expect us to because those boys are two of the most humble footballers today but just rubbishing the idea of a GoFundMe page sponsored by fans that work really hard for their significantly smaller salaries.

Turbo may well be a 1 million dollar player, but currently there is only one forward in the game getting that sort of cash and that is Taumalolo. Jake will no doubt need a decent upgrade but I don't believe it will be one that pushes him to that level of salary.
Creighton is on 1 mill

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8