LOL @ Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's where you're wrong mjb, the NRL is already a complete joke. Which other professional sport changes rules every year or mid season? Which other professional sport can't interpret its own rules? For eg. Is it an obstruction or not, even when a player is impeded 5m from play where everyone knows they never would've made the tackle. Contracts also don't mean anything. Players can come and go as they like or just switch mid season. Loyalty is a thing of the past. It's things like this that have killed the game I've grown up watching my whole life. Where's the logic and common sense gone? The refs used to have a feel for the game, now they're just used as tools to decide outcomes of games.
Basketball (NBA) often changes its rules or at least the way the way those rules are interpreted. I'm told the AFL changes things regularly.

but agree with the rest of your post.

Last edited:
Our referees are seriously incompetent. The problems appears very deeply ingrained. Sack them all and start again.

I doubt the Tugers will follow through with their threat to legally challenge the result, but I'd love it if they did.
I'd also like to see the NRL publish the findings of its referee "reviews" into each match, as it claims it does. Imagine how many laughs we'd get from these?

There goes your experience. It would be like sacking the entire 1st grade side after their loss, then replacing them with the SG Ball team.
Experience is great when it is providing performance. But what is happening on our game now is complete destruction of the contest when incompetent decisions are far to frequently affecting the outcome of the contest. What's happened to the Tigers against the Cowgirls was just wrong and there is no excuse I don't care what tripe Annesley delivers. What happened to us many times over the years and as recently against the Eels was just plain wrong. What happened to Canberra when Hunt stood to the side of the play the ball and smothered the dummy half on full time right in front of the posts not attracting a penalty was crazy stuff. It seems to me the referees are now a law unto themselves and the NRL have no control what so ever. I have stopped watching non Manly games because of this and am close to walking away from the game I loved all my life at age 64. It's never been this bad and it is getting worse. They won't need referees when people stop watching and and the TV ratings don't justify the crazy dollars the NRL get for broadcasting deals. Talk about killing the goose that lays golden eggs.

That's where you're wrong mjb, the NRL is already a complete joke. Which other professional sport changes rules every year or mid season? Which other professional sport can't interpret its own rules? For eg. Is it an obstruction or not, even when a player is impeded 5m from play where everyone knows they never would've made the tackle. Contracts also don't mean anything. Players can come and go as they like or just switch mid season. Loyalty is a thing of the past. It's things like this that have killed the game I've grown up watching my whole life. Where's the logic and common sense gone? The refs used to have a feel for the game, now they're just used as tools to decide outcomes of games.
Sadly mate, I think you're right.

Experience is great when it is providing performance. But what is happening on our game now is complete destruction of the contest when incompetent decisions are far to frequently affecting the outcome of the contest. What's happened to the Tigers against the Cowgirls was just wrong and there is no excuse I don't care what tripe Annesley delivers. What happened to us many times over the years and as recently against the Eels was just plain wrong. What happened to Canberra when Hunt stood to the side of the play the ball and smothered the dummy half on full time right in front of the posts not attracting a penalty was crazy stuff. It seems to me the referees are now a law unto themselves and the NRL have no control what so ever. I have stopped watching non Manly games because of this and am close to walking away from the game I loved all my life at age 64. It's never been this bad and it is getting worse. They won't need referees when people stop watching and and the TV ratings don't justify the crazy dollars the NRL get for broadcasting deals. Talk about killing the goose that lays golden eggs.
All true.
I believe there are several reasons why there is so much controversy in the NRL these days.
1. There are way too many rules. All of these require a black-or-white decision, so there is no 'common sense' allowed, nor enabling a ref to have 'a feel' for the ebb-and-flow of a match.
2. The Bunker. It was introduced to eliminate the "howler' and ensure more correct decisions. The opposite has happened. Plus each seasons Big Brother is interfering more and usurping the power of the person with the whistle.
3. The push for refs to be 'friends' with players, thus calling them by their first names rather than by the number they are wearing. The ref is their boss during the 80-minute match, not their friend. This has caused players to behave like school kids when a ruling goes against them.
4. The agendas. There is undoubtedly pressure by the their employer to give the well-supported clubs a helping hand. Who hasn't toed the company line during their working career?
5. We'd be naive to think that the occasional ref is not susceptible to bribery. Many recent decisions, or ways that particular matches are officiated, can't simply be blamed on incompetence; there has to be a reason.

What a disgraceful decision
Agree laughing is the option but
Imagine that deciding a GF.....it just gets worse

All true.
I believe there are several reasons why there is so much controversy in the NRL these days.
1. There are way too many rules. All of these require a black-or-white decision, so there is no 'common sense' allowed, nor enabling a ref to have 'a feel' for the ebb-and-flow of a match.
2. The Bunker. It was introduced to eliminate the "howler' and ensure more correct decisions. The opposite has happened. Plus each seasons Big Brother is interfering more and usurping the power of the person with the whistle.
3. The push for refs to be 'friends' with players, thus calling them by their first names rather than by the number they are wearing. The ref is their boss during the 80-minute match, not their friend. This has caused players to behave like school kids when a ruling goes against them.
4. The agendas. There is undoubtedly pressure by the their employer to give the well-supported clubs a helping hand. Who hasn't toed the company line during their working career?
5. We'd be naive to think that the occasional ref is not susceptible to bribery. Many recent decisions, or ways that particular matches are officiated, can't simply be blamed on incompetence; there has to be a reason.
I definitely think that the refs are sometimes susceptible to bribery or just straight up personal favouritism, but when it comes to the topic of bribery, nobody even allows it to be a serious question.
It's shot down immediately.
Why?
Makes me even more suspicious to be honest.

Anyway all your points are accurate but the main one that bugs me is the bunker interfering all the time. They will do anything to disallow a try most time, always taking tries away.

The biggest joke will be the fact that Klein will probably still get to referee the GF. Dumb wrong decisions like that which decide outcomes should automatically demote the referees from their current rankings. Klein therefore should no longer be the number 1 referee for the remainder of the year.

The tigpies losing, particularly in ridiculous circumstances, will always give me a laugh... absolutely no reason for that muppet to run across feldts line as he was never getting near the ball and even a knock-on would have been enough to win......
Yes, it should not have been a penalty...
Yes, they should not have been allowed to challenge...
And yes, he deliberately blocked feldt and gave them an opportunity to take it away - which they did...
Lol...
Couldn't disagree more fs, Feldt the grub, deliberately ran into the Tigers player, it was so obvious, the Tigers player hardly moved from where he was standing. Also Cowboys had 2 players in front of the kicker on the kick off. Tigers should take this up legally and challenge this BS decision.

Couldn't disagree more fs, Feldt the grub, deliberately ran into the Tigers player, it was so obvious, the Tigers player hardly moved from where he was standing. Also Cowboys had 2 players in front of the kicker on the kick off. Tigers should take this up legally and challenge this BS decision.
The chasing players were not offside... apparently Holmes was in front of the ball? I did not notice that but I watched the chasers on the replay and they were clearly onside...
Feldt was no different to 100 halves that took a dive 20m from the try-scoring winger and got awarded 'obstruction' over the last 5 years...
I hate the tigpies, I always enjoy them losing...

The chasing players were not offside... apparently Holmes was in front of the ball? I did not notice that but I watched the chasers on the replay and they were clearly onside...
Feldt was no different to 100 halves that took a dive 20m from the try-scoring winger and got awarded 'obstruction' over the last 5 years...
I hate the tigpies, I always enjoy them losing...
Fair enough, we agree to disagree.

Why is Kimmorley still coaching in 2022?

We already know Sheens is the coach for the next two seasons and Benji his understudy. Both are working for the Tigers now.

No wonder they are a LOL joke.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8