LOL @ Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The TIgers will not improve until they clear out the front office. Their recruitment and retention has been diabolical for a decade. I. surprised the franchise has not folded or been relocated yet.

The popular wisdom seems to be they should abandon the inner west other than for novelty value and stamp themselves as a Campbelltown-based club. Many decades ago when Balmain was strong the inner west had a strong league culture, I doubt there's much there now, whereas south west Sydney still does.

Sadly the Balmain Tigers are all but extinct in reality. The Five Dock Bowling Club has been their de facto club house. The occasional use of Leichhardt Oval has been their last real connection to the inner west.

Sadly the Balmain Tigers are all but extinct in reality. The Five Dock Bowling Club has been their de facto club house. The occasional use of Leichhardt Oval has been their last real connection to the inner west.
Benny is the barilaro of Balmain, siphoning all the money from the leagues club site and leaving the tigers side of the Jv a dried out husk.

The popular wisdom seems to be they should abandon the inner west other than for novelty value and stamp themselves as a Campbelltown-based club. Many decades ago when Balmain was strong the inner west had a strong league culture, I doubt there's much there now, whereas south west Sydney still does.
What about the short lived Newtown- Campbelltown jets?

Amazing

So they have

1. Taken a coach who has not coached in the NRL for over 10 years and made him the full time coach for 2 years (from the club where he was sacked)
2. Then take a club legend (who they cut at least once...maybe twice?) with no other takers / clear offers and sign him up to a 5 year deal!

I mean it could work out but the mount of risk involved considering they are a well known comedy club is amazing.

Everything and I mean everything has to go right here

Could work. Sheens is one of the biggest names in coaching, despite his time away. And Marshall is obviously deeply invested in the club and no reason he can't make it work.
When all is said and done, Rugby league is not a complicated game, and Sheens and Marshall appeal as capable of actually relating to human beings, as opposed to say Madge Maguire! (he'll never live down that stupid Fox TV series)

Geeez, I like the Tiges and want them to do well (not as well as us) but by god the do some stupid stuff.

Why a 5 year deal? Seems completely unnecessary

No 2 years under Sheens then 3 years by himself.
Bunji is a smart guy both on and off the field. I back him to succeed as a coach. He will attract players and also cultivate a favourable media profile. With the juniors the Tugers have they should be on the verge of being success by the time Bunji takes over full responsibility.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8