LOL @ Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, but why sign him for 5 years?
If it goes to **** the Tigers have to pay another coach out...yet again.

Sign him for 2 years, and then look at it. It's not like there would be any other competition for Benjis coaching services.

Yeah, but why sign him for 5 years?
If it goes to **** the Tigers have to pay another coach out...yet again.

Sign him for 2 years, and then look at it. It's not like there would be any other competition for Benjis coaching services.
The Tigers keep on keeping on self destruction

Amazing

So they have

1. Taken a coach who has not coached in the NRL for over 10 years and made him the full time coach for 2 years (from the club where he was sacked)
2. Then take a club legend (who they cut at least once...maybe twice?) with no other takers / clear offers and sign him up to a 5 year deal!

I mean it could work out but the mount of risk involved considering they are a well known comedy club is amazing.

Everything and I mean everything has to go right here
Just waiting for the next series of Tiger Tales. Where’s the popcorn?

Could work. Sheens is one of the biggest names in coaching, despite his time away. And Marshall is obviously deeply invested in the club and no reason he can't make it work.
When all is said and done, Rugby league is not a complicated game, and Sheens and Marshall appeal as capable of actually relating to human beings, as opposed to say Madge Maguire! (he'll never live down that stupid Fox TV series)
Was one of the biggest names Hasn't coached for 10 years now and is 71

Alzheimers should have started by now

Benny is the barilaro of Balmain, siphoning all the money from the leagues club site and leaving the tigers side of the Jv a dried out husk.
It happens at every club

A few have drained funds from manly over the years

The 5 year contract curse. Look what it did to Green at the Cowboys after they won their grand final. They went backwards and eventually moved Green on. It's a risk no doubt about it. Benji will get an apprenticeship as an assistant coach for 2 years but what happens if they don't improve in 2023 and 2024. This will be interesting.

Amazing

So they have

1. Taken a coach who has not coached in the NRL for over 10 years and made him the full time coach for 2 years (from the club where he was sacked)
2. Then take a club legend (who they cut at least once...maybe twice?) with no other takers / clear offers and sign him up to a 5 year deal!

I mean it could work out but the mount of risk involved considering they are a well known comedy club is amazing.

Everything and I mean everything has to go right here
They could’ve been dumber. They could’ve signed Barrett.

I meant
He left Widnes in 2020.

Was at Hull Kingston Rovers before that

So hasnt coached about 2 years
I meant to say the NRL

His overseas coaching career hardly inspires - After 2 years at Hull KR, Sheens was sacked due to poor league position, form and loss of 'the dressing room' (implying player support) on 5 June 2019.

and loss of 'the dressing room' (implying player support)
Is that what this means? All this time I thought when this was said it meant the coach just forgot where the dressing room was.... I always thought if the coach is so dumb he can't even find the dressing room no wonder he's getting sacked!

The gift that keeps on giving... even when it is actually IMPOSSIBLE to lose (1 sec left)... the good old tigpies (with a little help from the goon refs) find a way... lol...

The gift that keeps on giving... even when it is actually IMPOSSIBLE to lose (1 sec left)... the good old tigpies (with a little help from the goon refs) find a way... lol...
Dont think this is something to laugh at, the refs can easily do this to us and have before.

The last 10 mins against rabbits this year come to mind. Just gave them set after set on bs calls until they won.

Just feel like the favored teams always get the calls and we are certainly not amongst the favored.

I don't think the refereeing ruining games is anything to laugh at, in fact it's the opposite. It's part of the reason I lose more interest in the NRL each year as it slowly becomes a complete joke.

I don't think the refereeing ruining games is anything to laugh at, in fact it's the opposite. It's part of the reason I lose more interest in the NRL each year as it slowly becomes a complete joke.
That's where you're wrong mjb, the NRL is already a complete joke. Which other professional sport changes rules every year or mid season? Which other professional sport can't interpret its own rules? For eg. Is it an obstruction or not, even when a player is impeded 5m from play where everyone knows they never would've made the tackle. Contracts also don't mean anything. Players can come and go as they like or just switch mid season. Loyalty is a thing of the past. It's things like this that have killed the game I've grown up watching my whole life. Where's the logic and common sense gone? The refs used to have a feel for the game, now they're just used as tools to decide outcomes of games.

The tigpies losing, particularly in ridiculous circumstances, will always give me a laugh... absolutely no reason for that muppet to run across feldts line as he was never getting near the ball and even a knock-on would have been enough to win......
Yes, it should not have been a penalty...
Yes, they should not have been allowed to challenge...
And yes, he deliberately blocked feldt and gave them an opportunity to take it away - which they did...
Lol...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10