[Resurrected] Lachlan Croker (a smokey or 1st choice)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The media have a real hard on for Croker to be a smokey:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/25/lachlan-croker-to-change-colour-into-blake-green/

Lachlan Croker ready to do his best Blake Green impression

Author
Margie McDonaldSenior Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 25 Jan 2018, 04:00 PM
New Manly Warringah Sea Eagles five-eighth Lachlan Croker is his own man but to fulfil his dream of being a permanent fixture in the NRL, he is willing to do his best Blake Green impersonation.

Croker is at pains to point out how highly he rates Green, but the stellar pivot has moved to the Warriors and Manly are in need of a No.6 just like him.

The 21-year-old Crookwell Green Devils junior is in the running to fill the vacancy, competing against the likes of Jackson Hastings and Tom Wright. The brief given by coach Trent Barrett is to create the floor plan for fullback Tom Trbojevic and halfback Daly Cherry-Evans to construct the attack.

"Game management is a big thing because that was Green's type of game and that's what Manly needed," Croker told NRL.com.

"At the moment that's what they need again – to allow Turbo and Cherry to play their games. That's what we've been told and that's what I'm trying to do. If I get the nod, I hope to be good at that."

It seems Croker already is. From all reports out of the club's training base at Narrabeen the former Canberra Raider is training the house down and in line for a start for the February 17 trial against the Cronulla Sharks and the February 24 match against the Sydney Roosters.

The way it was looking last year I'd never thought I'd get to play [in the NRL] again...

Lachlan Croker
"I'd love to get a run in both of those. Even if it is a trial it would be great to play against the guys the Roosters and Sharks have in their halves," Croker said referring to the new Cronulla duo of Chad Townsend and Matt Moylan, and the fresh Roosters pairing of Cooper Cronk and Luke Keary.

Three of those four players have won premierships with three clubs.

"I'm more excited to play against those guys than nervous," Croker said, even though he has just one NRL game to his name – round 2 in 2016 in the Raiders' win over the Roosters."The way it was looking last year I'd never thought I'd get to play again and I'd miss out on facing those kind of guys. It's really special to play those types of players.

"That would help me know where I stand and where we stand as a team."

Croker, a former NSW under 18s, under 20s and Junior Kangaroos player at halfback as well as five-eighth, left Canberra after it became evident Blake Austin and Aidan Sezer had the halves spots locked up.

"That was the main driving factor that obviously the Raiders had two very good starting halves there; two established halves, which makes it hard for myself.

"Then there was the fact Manly were interested and both Baz (Barrett) and Cherry (Cherry-Evans) are very good halves in their own right. To be able to learn off them and improve my game was very tempting. Sometimes a change with your job is just as good as holiday."

But it is only a one-year deal.

"There's always a few concerns about how somebody goes in a new environment. It works both ways. They wanted to see what I'm like and I wanted to see what they're like," Croker said.

"So I understand that. It is a business but hopefully it ends up being a lot longer than a year."

It could well be as NSW coach Brad Fittler has named him in his Emerging Blues squad.

It's been quite a pre-season packed to the rafters with quality tutors. Croker has it daily in Barrett and Cherry-Evans and then got to enjoy a weekend camp with Andrew Johns and Fittler in the halves.

"It's always good to get into those teams because you pinch yourself at the guys around you. I've had a really good pre-season. And it's about this stage now that you're really sick of it and you want to start playing.

"Like every bloke here we want the football to come. It will be so interesting to see how we end up, how we land this year."

After suffering two anterior cruciate ligament tears (in 2014, 2016) and a shoulder reconstruction all before he turned 21, Croker doesn't want to land back in the rehab squad.

He has had his eyes opened by working alongside Cherry-Evans and now wants even more to place his stake in the ground in the NRL.

"We'd never crossed paths – nothing like that. I had always watched him growing up," Croker said.

"But then going through the video they've shown me, I didn't realise how good a year he had last year. Just sitting back and watching that puts a bit of pressure on us young guys to play the role the Greeny played.

"DCE is very articulate. He tells you what he wants and he knows how to get that. It makes our job easier.

"He's also a very good leader. To be able to learn from him, see what he does, will only be good for me."

Extracting himself from the Croker surname hype may also help. Lachlan is a nephew of Jason Croker – a 318-game legend with the Raiders, a former Test and NSW Origin player.

"He was obviously massive in Canberra, massive in the NRL. I still get asked about him up here. Then again he's my uncle. I can't get away from it. It is my last name. And he's been nothing but good for me.

"So in one way it's good to get away from it but it never hindered me back home. He's a real good fella and has been a great support for me."

They actually played together in the 2016 Auckland Nines.

"It was an eye-opener. 'Surreal' gets thrown around a lot but that was surreal to play with him. I can't put it into words. It was very special and something I'll hold with me for a long, long time."

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/

A silver lining for Croker?
Salary cap may benefit youngster with pedigree

THE prolonged salary cap investigation into the Manly Sea Eagles may just have a silver lining for untried 21-year-old halfback Lachlan Croker.

Croker looks certain to get the ultimate opportunity to win the coveted spot alongside skipper Daly Cherry-Evans when he goes back to back in trials next month against off season big buys Matt Moylan (Cronulla) and Cooper Cronk (Sydney Roosters).

It’s a task and a half for a player with just one NRL game behind him but no one at Manly – coaching staff or players – are fazed.

To a man they are backing the kid from the potato growing town of Crookwell to step up. They quickly point to his pedigree as one of the best young players in NSW for his age.

Croker is a member of a famous family and is an Australian schoolboy and NSW under-16s and under-18s representative halfback.

Word out of summer training is that Croker is calm, calcuated and classy and is just crying out for an opportunity following two injuryplagued seasons in 2016 and 2017.

Manly coach Trent Barrett is prepared to give several young players an opportunity in the trials and is excited at the ability being shown by an elite group headed up by Croker and 20’s premiership five eighth Tom Wright.

BIG GAME PLAYERS

MIXING durability with sheer class makes the Trbojevic brothers Jake and Tom special players for the Sea Eagles.

Jake (47 games) and Tom (46 games) have been Manly’s top performers over the past two years, along with utility player Lewis Brown (46 games). Only three players - Daly Cherry-Evans, Dylan Walker and Frank Winterstein played in all 25 games last season.

EAGLES GET GONG

THE Manly Sea Eagles will break up a torrid summer training program with a week long camp in Wollongong just prior to the February trials at Cronulla and Newcastle.

Coach Barrett said a change of the training environment was necessary after an intense three months at the club’s Sydney of Academy off Sport Headquarters at Narrabeen.

“A different training venue and a camp style preparation will give the new players an opportunity to mix with team mates away from training,” Barrett said.

“Similar camps in recent seasons have been successful.”

SELECTION HEADACHE

COMPETITION or a back row spot at Manly in 2018 will be fierce with new buys Joel Thompson and Jack Gosiewski most impressive at summer training.

Frank Winterstein and Curtis Sironen had great seasons in 2017 and will need to replicate that form to ensure their starting side positions in 2018.

Thompson is the consummate professional and has impressed everyone at the club since he arrived a few weeks ago.

Gosiewski has also stood out and will get his opportunity in the upcoming trials.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/

A silver lining for Croker?
Salary cap may benefit youngster with pedigree

THE prolonged salary cap investigation into the Manly Sea Eagles may just have a silver lining for untried 21-year-old halfback Lachlan Croker.

Croker looks certain to get the ultimate opportunity to win the coveted spot alongside skipper Daly Cherry-Evans when he goes back to back in trials next month against off season big buys Matt Moylan (Cronulla) and Cooper Cronk (Sydney Roosters).

It’s a task and a half for a player with just one NRL game behind him but no one at Manly – coaching staff or players – are fazed.

To a man they are backing the kid from the potato growing town of Crookwell to step up. They quickly point to his pedigree as one of the best young players in NSW for his age.

Croker is a member of a famous family and is an Australian schoolboy and NSW under-16s and under-18s representative halfback.

Word out of summer training is that Croker is calm, calcuated and classy and is just crying out for an opportunity following two injuryplagued seasons in 2016 and 2017.

Manly coach Trent Barrett is prepared to give several young players an opportunity in the trials and is excited at the ability being shown by an elite group headed up by Croker and 20’s premiership five eighth Tom Wright.

BIG GAME PLAYERS

MIXING durability with sheer class makes the Trbojevic brothers Jake and Tom special players for the Sea Eagles.

Jake (47 games) and Tom (46 games) have been Manly’s top performers over the past two years, along with utility player Lewis Brown (46 games). Only three players - Daly Cherry-Evans, Dylan Walker and Frank Winterstein played in all 25 games last season.

EAGLES GET GONG

THE Manly Sea Eagles will break up a torrid summer training program with a week long camp in Wollongong just prior to the February trials at Cronulla and Newcastle.

Coach Barrett said a change of the training environment was necessary after an intense three months at the club’s Sydney of Academy off Sport Headquarters at Narrabeen.

“A different training venue and a camp style preparation will give the new players an opportunity to mix with team mates away from training,” Barrett said.

“Similar camps in recent seasons have been successful.”

SELECTION HEADACHE

Frank Winterstein and Curtis Sironen had great seasons in 2017 and will need to replicate that form to ensure their starting side positions in 2018.

Thompson is the consummate professional and has impressed everyone at the club since he arrived a few weeks ago.

Gosiewski has also stood out and will get his opportunity in the upcoming trials.
Thank you for the post HM
*My highlights ......

*COMPETITION or a back row spot at Manly in 2018 will be fierce with new buys Joel Thompson and Jack Gosiewski most impressive at summer training.

*Manly coach Trent Barrett is prepared to give several young players an opportunity in the trials and is excited at the ability being shown by an elite group headed up by Croker and 20’s premiership five eighth Tom Wright.

Competition raises the bar and exposes mediocre .
Mediocre is unacceptable at Manly .
Cant wait to see some young virile talent BLOODED in to our 17
We don't want to see players playing for their pensions
We want to see players playing for their future . Playing for their lives !!!
408px-First_blood_poster.jpg

Thank you for the post HM
*My highlights ......

*COMPETITION or a back row spot at Manly in 2018 will be fierce with new buys Joel Thompson and Jack Gosiewski most impressive at summer training.

*Manly coach Trent Barrett is prepared to give several young players an opportunity in the trials and is excited at the ability being shown by an elite group headed up by Croker and 20’s premiership five eighth Tom Wright.

Competition raises the bar and exposes mediocre .
Mediocre is unacceptable at Manly .
Cant wait to see some young virile talent BLOODED in to our 17
We don't want to see players playing for their pensions
We want to see players playing for their future . Playing for their lives !!!
View attachment 7339
Let's hope they turn into men..
images.png

Kevinward777

First Grader
All the noise in the media suggests Croker (for now at least) will be first cab of the rank. Good luck kid, hope you deliver on your undoubted potential and kill it.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Only so much of two knee reconstructions and shoulder surgery all before the age of 21 can be put down to bad luck.

He appears very injury prone and that is a real worry for me. Two reconstructions probably means less speed than was previously evident in his u/20's days.

I also think one article detailing his win in the 2km time trials is the reason we keep seeing the "training the house down" line that has popped up in numerous other articles.

Jury is out big time and I am going to reserve my judgement on this kid until well into the season. Happy that one of either Croker or Hastings will get an opportunity as opposed to Hodkinson or Carney, but still...big question marks.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Only so much of two knee reconstructions and shoulder surgery all before the age of 21 can be put down to bad luck.

He appears very injury prone and that is a real worry for me. Two reconstructions probably means less speed than was previously evident in his u/20's days.

I also think one article detailing his win in the 2km time trials is the reason we keep seeing the "training the house down" line that has popped up in numerous other articles.

Jury is out big time and I am going to reserve my judgement on this kid until well into the season. Happy that one of either Croker or Hastings will get an opportunity as opposed to Hodkinson or Carney, but still...big question marks.

Have seen blokes do a knee when bashed and bent by 3 tacklers, and seen blokes do a knee when in the clear .... depends how his injuries happened.

Could be a case of poor genetics ... or a case of leaving nothing in the shed and pushing too hard on a young body not yet fully developed.

Agree it is concerning, but wish him all the best, either way he seems one tough and determined S.O.B.

Kevinward777

First Grader
How much credibility does the media have ?
Well, I guess we will see come the trials and round 1. There is also video interview with Baz where he clearly speaks about Croker, how he’s going etc. And sometimes the media is full of tripe, while other times they’re spot on. I just don’t see why so many articles have come out regarding young Croker if there was no truth to it. It’s not like it’s a massive story they’ve concocted to increase click bait. I can’t see fans of other clubs lining up to read the articles. We’ll all find out soon enough, not long now.

Kevinward777

First Grader
If that is the case then that is not enough to convince me .
Remember this media news break ?
BREAKING: JAMIE LYON TO QUIT MANLY TODAY TO SIGN 4-YEAR DEAL WITH GOLD COAST TITANS. Details on Daily Tele website
https://twitter.com/buzzrothfield/status/292078367438680064
Yeah there’s heaps that we’re wrong, plenty right too. I’m not trying to convince you of anything, believe what you want. Either Hastings or Croker will be lining up, or Hodkinson will be. I hope it’s one of the young guys, and in a matter of weeks it will be revealed.

Althewomanspal

Reserve Grader
I can’t wait to see croker get his chance this year, and agree all the signs seem to point to croker starting round 1 in the 6 jumper. Baz obviously has a high opinion of him, and in baz I trust. But I really thought Hastings would have got first shot, seems a big call to throw croker in considering he hasn’t played much footy over the last couple of seasons. I feel like giving croker a run with blacktown to start the season would be a better idea, and would love to see what Hastings can do if given the opportunity.

Kevinward777

First Grader
If that is the case then that is not enough to convince me .
Remember this media news break ?
BREAKING: JAMIE LYON TO QUIT MANLY TODAY TO SIGN 4-YEAR DEAL WITH GOLD COAST TITANS. Details on Daily Tele website
https://twitter.com/buzzrothfield/status/292078367438680064
I do however find it quite funny that when the media suggested “Jimmy the Jet” might be coming to Manly, you took that one hook line and sinker. I’ve done the exact same thing. No different than when someone on here posts about something they heard and we discuss it. My point is, usually when the media unleash bucket loads of bullsh1t, the story is a tad more interesting than whether a kid is going to be given a shot (like Lyon to Gold Coast for eg) not a continued flow of articles about a rookie training well, at the least supported side in Sydney. Therefore, in this instance, I tend to believe there may be substance to what is being reported.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I can’t wait to see croker get his chance this year, and agree all the signs seem to point to croker starting round 1 in the 6 jumper. Baz obviously has a high opinion of him, and in baz I trust. But I really thought Hastings would have got first shot, seems a big call to throw croker in considering he hasn’t played much footy over the last couple of seasons. I feel like giving croker a run with blacktown to start the season would be a better idea, and would love to see what Hastings can do if given the opportunity.
Hopefully Hastings or Croker will get the utility spot on the bench.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I do however find it quite funny that when the media suggested “Jimmy the Jet” might be coming to Manly, you took that one hook line and sinker. I’ve done the exact same thing. No different than when someone on here posts about something they heard and we discuss it. My point is, usually when the media unleash bucket loads of bullsh1t, the story is a tad more interesting than whether a kid is going to be given a shot (like Lyon to Gold Coast for eg) not a continued flow of articles about a rookie training well, at the least supported side in Sydney. Therefore, in this instance, I tend to believe there may be substance to what is being reported.
We are all free to believe what we want ;)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18