[Resurrected] Lachlan Croker (a smokey or 1st choice)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HappilyManly

Journey Man
image.ashx

Croker shrugs off rumour of being ‘Cherry-picked’
Young Raiders recruit is vying for chance to partner Sea Eagles skipper in halves for season opener

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

image.ashx

SEA Eagles signing Lachlan Croker could provide the solution to the biggest puzzle ahead of the upcoming NRL season.

But the 21-year-old recruit from the Canberra Raiders says the speculation that he could be the man to partner Daly Cherry-Evans in Manly halves this year should be “water off a duck’s back”.

It appears that Croker is vying with Jackson Hastings and possibly Trent Hodkinson, if he is picked up from Newcastle, to fill the vacancy left by the departure of Blake Green to the Warriors.

“The people out there saying that aren’t Baz (coach Trent Barrett) and Baz is the one making the decision,” Croker said.

“For sure I’d be able to do a job but it is not my call and I’m just here trying to do my best.

“It is somewhat of a compliment but it should be water off a duck’s back.

“It is what it is, you try to keep your head as small as you can and just do the hard work.”

But if Croker does get the nod for the opening round he can thank Cherry-Evans for helping him to get there.

Croker is already reaping the benefits of training alongside the Sea Eagles skipper. “Cherry has been really good for me, he is always watching what I am doing,” Croker said.

“And fixing me up where I am wrong and telling me what I need to be doing and what I need to be doing to be able to get to that level.

“Obviously he is one of the best halves in the competition and to not listen to him would be ridiculous.

“He knows what he is talking about and I’m definitely taking it all on board.”

And that is one of the reasons that has convinced Croker he has made the right decision in moving to the northern beaches.

“I’ve heard a lot of really good things about Baz to start with and from what I’ve seen so far it is true,” he said. “It’s always good to have a change and I think it’s something I needed to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. They are a good group of boys and there is a lot of open communication between the coaches

“And for me that is the big thing about coming here and having that line of communication where you know what’s needed and what’s wanted from you

“So far l’ve loved every minute of it.”

Today Croker will join Sea Eagles team mattes Jack Gosiewski, Brian Kelly and Lachlan Metcalf in Brad Fittler’s Emerging Blues camp at ANZ Stadium.

“It’s always exciting to be to learn off the best in the game and to be recognised as players on that pathway.” Croker said..

‘‘ It should be water off a duck’s back. It is what it is, you try to keep your head as small as you can and just do the hard work
Lachlan Croker

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
“It is what it is, you try to keep your head as small as you can and just do the hard work.”

One of Hastings reported problems is his big head

manly al

First Grader
Even if an additional half is not acquired i think that there will be still be sufficient cover for the half's situation as things now stand . Hastings if not in the run on side probably then in all likelihood would be a bench player and could even be called on to play as an actual half back if required during the season . i have only seen Matt Wright play one match in the 5 /8 role at Manly and he managed O K. Croker may well have the inside running for the vacant 5 / 8 spot at present and if Baz and the coaching staff has the confidence that he can handle the role , every reason for the rest of the i st grade squad and for Manly fans to have a similar outlook .

Another article alluding to Croker as a smokey for the 5/8 position. I guess we'll know more after the trials.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/sea-eagles/former-raiders-young-gun-lachlan-croker-ready-to-live-up-to-his-massive-potential-at-manly/news-story/7340f98b34ace8802c3f22edbb8338fd

Former Raiders young gun Lachlan Croker ready to live up to his massive potential at Manly
Paul Crawley, NRL, The Daily Telegraph
January 24, 2018 7:33pm
AS a teenager Lachlan Croker was rated by some of the NRL’s best judges as one of the hottest talents emerging in rugby league.

And after an injury-plagued initiation to his senior career at Canberra, the now 21-year-old appears finally ready to live up to his huge potential at Manly.

That’s the verdict from Trent Barrett who has purposely stayed silent on Croker’s pre-season arrival until now.

Barrett told The Daily Telegraph in the countdown to Christmas that he wanted to wait and see how the youngster, who has only 38 minutes of NRL experience, settled in before he started spruiking about his raw talent.

But with less than three weeks remaining before the Sea Eagles run out for their first NRL trial against Cronulla, Barrett has opened up about why he has full confidence that Croker can come of age alongside Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves this year.

7a897f50a327d95f037cb9823101f1f7

Manly youngster Lachlan Croker.
While Manly still haven’t given up hope on signing Trent Hodkinson from Newcastle, Cronulla has emerged as Hodkinson’s likely home as the Sea Eagles wait on a verdict from the NRL in relation to their salary cap investigation.

Depending on what punishment Manly cop, that will determine if they are any chance of signing Hodkinson, and that’s providing the Sharks don’t claim the former NSW No 7 first.

A decision is expected before the end of the month but asked if Croker was ready to take ownership of the Manly No 6 jumper if the Hodkinson deal doesn’t eventuate, Barrett didn’t hesitate.

“Croker has done everything he can since he has been here,” Barrett said.

“He is a terrific young fella.

“He has a good kicking game, a good passing game, he is strong and he is a good defender. “So he has all the ingredients to be a good halve.
“He has just turned 21 and he played first grade at a very young age before he had some serious injuries.”

In his time at the Raiders the nephew of club legend Jason Croker was limited to less than half a game in the top grade.

025603ca961060d614b1f21268512663

Lachlan Croker in action for the Mounties.
He debuted in round two 2016 but was forced off with a serious shoulder injury, while he’s also had two ACL knee operations along the way.

Barrett is hoping Croker finally gets a change of luck this year.

“He certainly comes from good stock,” Barrett added.

“He had some bad luck down in Canberra with his injuries but if he can get a good run he is every chance of making a very good first grader.

“He is doing everything right at the moment as is (Jackson) Hastings so we will see how they go in the trials.”

Manly will have warm up matches against Cronulla and the Roosters going into the regular season.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I hope he is lightning fast, does not miss any tackles, sets up or scores try's Everytime he touches the ball. Otherwise a certain poster will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on pointing out any failures everyday.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I hope he is lightning fast, does not miss any tackles, sets up or scores try's Everytime he touches the ball. Otherwise a certain poster will go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on pointing out any failures everyday.
The moral of your post / story ....
Some posters have high standards other are happy to watch mediocre ;)
alberteinstein1-2x.jpg

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
There is nothing mediocre about our great club
If he is not fast and misses tackles then he misses out on playing for the greatest club of all time .
The mighty Manly Sea eagles !!!
imagesD1AZ0NX0.jpg

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

Failure is not an option for the mighty Sea eagles feathered friend !!!
142289-L-LO.jpg

manly al

First Grader
Wonder how Croker 's kicking game is . Hopefully he should have better attacking and defensive ability then Green , which would be an improvement but some type of a tidy kicking game would certainly not go astray either . If he can avoid his previous injury issues , he could offer some really good value if he can go to the next level to hold down and show the necessary form required for the vital spine 5 / 8 role .

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Green not only took the pressure off DCE, he also helped set the backline alight. Tries scored from No 1 to 5 were one of the best in the League last year. That, and an effective kicking game, are the most important ingredients of a 5/8. Speed, defence, strength are icing on the cake, but controlling the play, distribution and kicking ability must take precedence.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, ....

D

Deleted member 26876

Woah, just realised how exciting this is. Croker is young and has potential, if he ends up well then we'd have a halves pairing set for a long time. Baz is seemingly confident in him and I believe that Crokers certainly got it in him, getting hyped for the season to start

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Woah, just realised how exciting this is. Croker is young and has potential, if he ends up well then we'd have a halves pairing set for a long time. Baz is seemingly confident in him and I believe that Crokers certainly got it in him, getting hyped for the season to start

Whoa (correct spelling) young Harold, he ain't done bin gived the job yet, and Jacko is also young and has poo tensul.

I hope the 2 young buggers keep pushing each other to the limit and may the best one, or both, have ripper seasons.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18