[Resurrected] Lachlan Croker (a smokey or 1st choice)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The effective 5 / 8 or other half's defensive role is very important for Manly 's current playing structure and sometimes Green was up to it , sometimes he simply wasn't , and especially with goal line defence [ which still did improve for Manly last season .] This will probably be the one of the biggest challenges and tests for either Croker or Hastings to adapt to . D C E is now producing an excellent defensive effort on his side of the field so again this will need to be complemented on the other side of the ruck . I am sure that both Croker and Hastings are good players with the ball in their hands but stopping and holding out the opposition is even more pressing sometimes to gain the ascendancy .

The effective 5 / 8 or other half's defensive role is very important for Manly 's current playing structure and sometimes Green was up to it , sometimes he simply wasn't , and especially with goal line defence [ which still did improve for Manly last season .] This will probably be the one of the biggest challenges and tests for either Croker or Hastings to adapt to . D C E is now producing an excellent defensive effort on his side of the field so again this will need to be complemented on the other side of the ruck . I am sure that both Croker and Hastings are good players with the ball in their hands but stopping and holding out the opposition is even more pressing sometimes to gain the ascendancy .
DCE was called on to do way too much defence on the right last season. The left was shockingly vulnerable at times (too many times). Green was vulnerable, but not helped by the Winterstein/Kelly weaknesses. Thompson will help, but yeah, the new 5/8 (left half) has to be able to defend.
But I can remember being very worried by DCE’s defence in the first few games of 2011. He was good and tough enough to learn quickly. Hope we find another.

DCE was called on to do way too much defence on the right last season. The left was shockingly vulnerable at times (too many times). Green was vulnerable, but not helped by the Winterstein/Kelly weaknesses. Thompson will help, but yeah, the new 5/8 (left half) has to be able to defend.
But I can remember being very worried by DCE’s defence in the first few games of 2011. He was good and tough enough to learn quickly. Hope we find another.
Croker and Hastings aren 't complete i st grade novices and are not small guys so both should be able to muscle up reasonably well defensively with the right attitude . If Tom Wright makes some necessary improvement and can produce his best and as a centre , there could even be three new players on that left edge for Manly next season , although Kelly does look to be in quite good shape at present .

Lachlan Croker has emerged as a contender to play No.6 for the Sea Eagles

IN the midst of a storm that has blown over the Northern Beaches in the form of another NRL salary cap saga, the unlikely winner is youngster Lachlan Croker.

The 21-year-old has had his share of injuries in his short career, including two ACL tears, a PCL tear and numerous shoulder troubles, but has emerged as a potential answer to Manly’s five-eighth conundrum.

The Sea Eagles were rocked by allegations of salary cap breaches last month and five-eighth Blake Green moved across the Tasman to help create financial space on the club’s roster.

But when Mitchell Pearce turned down the opportunity to sign with the club to instead take up a lucrative deal with Newcastle, Manly were left without a halves partner for Daly Cherry-Evans.
With turmoil comes opportunity and in this instance the light shone upon the nephew of Canberra Raiders legend Jason Croker.

Croker’s debut in round two of 2016 was one to forget, the Goulburn junior succumbing to a serious shoulder injury late in the first half.

Almost two years later, it remains his only NRL game.

Further injuries cruelled Croker in recent seasons during his time with the Mounties in NSW Cup.

On the outer with Canberra, he knew he would have to look elsewhere to satisfy his craving for another stint in the big time.

Enter Manly coach Trent Barrett, who is one of Croker’s greatest admirers.

When Barrett called with an offer which could get him out of reserve grade, it was too good to refuse.

“He told me early on in the piece that I wasn’t signed to take my time coming through reserve grade,” Croker said.

“He was always going to try and find me a spot somewhere.

“Once the deal was sent through, I knew Manly was a beautiful part of the world, a really great club and I couldn’t really knock it back and I haven’t looked back since.

“I spoke to Baz twice, and the way he spoke along with everything I’d heard about him, it made the decision a lot easier. It’s been everything I thought it would be.”

While he has been presented with a dream opportunity at Manly, Croker knows his elusive second NRL cap won’t be delivered on a platter.

In his favour is his utility value. He has spent time in the one, six and seven jerseys throughout his career, and can also make a good fist of playing at hooker.

His competition for the five-eighth role will come from Jackson Hastings and Cameron Cullen, so a bench spot may well be Croker’s best option first-up at his new club.

Barrett has had a tendency to rest Api Koroisau during games, so Croker’s ability to fill in at hooker could come in very handy.

“I’ve always felt I’ve had a utility role in my back pocket,’’ Croker said.

“If it’s going to get me into the team, I’ll play wing if I have to.

“If it is me or if it’s someone else, I’ll know that I’ve done everything I could in the pre-season so far to try and find that spot.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/d19997761ff6abe27691c7fd24b3ebab

Should give the kid a few games before making too many comments. The pressure to instantly perform at elite level is very unrealistic, as garnering experience is the only way to challenge themselves...which comes with sustained competition. Happy to let the kid find his feet and support his quest for success as a Manly boy for many years to come.
Good luck young Lachie
I would be very happy to see Hastings in the 6 and Croker in the 14.

It seems only a matter of time until he suffers a serious injury looking at his history.
giphy.gif

Maybe he will have a change of luck in 2018 ?
He sounds a tough bugger . He hasn't thrown in the towel after all those consecutive injuries he has had .
Thats right he's obviously over all that and they have big wraps on the kid , here's hoping . Im still expecting another signing and yes i know about the cap ,but we signed Thompson.

Lachlan Croker has emerged as a contender to play No.6 for the Sea Eagles

IN the midst of a storm that has blown over the Northern Beaches in the form of another NRL salary cap saga, the unlikely winner is youngster Lachlan Croker.

The 21-year-old has had his share of injuries in his short career, including two ACL tears, a PCL tear and numerous shoulder troubles, but has emerged as a potential answer to Manly’s five-eighth conundrum.

The Sea Eagles were rocked by allegations of salary cap breaches last month and five-eighth Blake Green moved across the Tasman to help create financial space on the club’s roster.

But when Mitchell Pearce turned down the opportunity to sign with the club to instead take up a lucrative deal with Newcastle, Manly were left without a halves partner for Daly Cherry-Evans.
With turmoil comes opportunity and in this instance the light shone upon the nephew of Canberra Raiders legend Jason Croker.

Croker’s debut in round two of 2016 was one to forget, the Goulburn junior succumbing to a serious shoulder injury late in the first half.

Almost two years later, it remains his only NRL game.

Further injuries cruelled Croker in recent seasons during his time with the Mounties in NSW Cup.

On the outer with Canberra, he knew he would have to look elsewhere to satisfy his craving for another stint in the big time.

Enter Manly coach Trent Barrett, who is one of Croker’s greatest admirers.

When Barrett called with an offer which could get him out of reserve grade, it was too good to refuse.

“He told me early on in the piece that I wasn’t signed to take my time coming through reserve grade,” Croker said.

“He was always going to try and find me a spot somewhere.

“Once the deal was sent through, I knew Manly was a beautiful part of the world, a really great club and I couldn’t really knock it back and I haven’t looked back since.

“I spoke to Baz twice, and the way he spoke along with everything I’d heard about him, it made the decision a lot easier. It’s been everything I thought it would be.”

While he has been presented with a dream opportunity at Manly, Croker knows his elusive second NRL cap won’t be delivered on a platter.

In his favour is his utility value. He has spent time in the one, six and seven jerseys throughout his career, and can also make a good fist of playing at hooker.

His competition for the five-eighth role will come from Jackson Hastings and Cameron Cullen, so a bench spot may well be Croker’s best option first-up at his new club.

Barrett has had a tendency to rest Api Koroisau during games, so Croker’s ability to fill in at hooker could come in very handy.

“I’ve always felt I’ve had a utility role in my back pocket,’’ Croker said.

“If it’s going to get me into the team, I’ll play wing if I have to.

“If it is me or if it’s someone else, I’ll know that I’ve done everything I could in the pre-season so far to try and find that spot.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/d19997761ff6abe27691c7fd24b3ebab

I thought Cameron Cullen had goooone

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11