[Resurrected] Lachlan Croker (a smokey or 1st choice)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I had thought it would have been Hastings ‘ spot to lose but when I heard he beat Chez in the 2k race the tables turned. I knew the spot was his!

Being a great middle distance runner is great but being a great footballer is something completely different. His ability to run won't mean jack unless he has the football and organisation smarts. I hope he turns into a bargain buy but let's see what happens.

Anybody’s

I actually did lol at that.

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

I'm not saying he will/won't be good because I've never seen him play. You just can't say he will be good coz he runs well over distance.

I'm not saying he will/won't be good because I've never seen him play. You just can't say he will be good coz he runs well over distance.
Yes but he has also played junior rep footy for the blues and roos showing that he has the ability to be a great player at this level, his golden off season helps with that.

Gonna have to agree with Ben, being fit means very little. And playing junior rep footy means pretty much nothing, many gun juniors have failed to play FG at all.. Fact is he is unproven at first grade level. The fact we signed him to one year also probably implies we are testing his worth out before committing to anything long term. Plus is hes still very young..

With Baz mentioning Croker, he has firmed in the market and probably deserves his own thread so we can learn more about him.

I confess to knowing little about him, but found this 2016 (mounties) tape, and the fact he was named in the emerging Blues squad. Does anyone have more info?

Scouting report from 2015 (and it was the same guys who reckoned Hess,Tommy T,Latrell Mitchell and a few others would be stars) was that he was in the same mould as Laurie Daley and possessed all the skills and that he was very impressive defensively with an outstanding work ethic in regards to fitness and furthering his game.Injuries have derailed him to this point and don't know if all the above still applies.....

Scouting report from 2015 (and it was the same guys who reckoned Hess,Tommy T,Latrell Mitchell and a few others would be stars) was that he was in the same mould as Laurie Daley and possessed all the skills and that he was very impressive defensively with an outstanding work ethic in regards to fitness and furthering his game.Injuries have derailed him to this point and don't know if all the above still applies.....
Yeah, you don't get selected for the NSW u/18's and Jnr Roo's if you are average.

Let's hope he can take what is obvious talent to 1st grade level.

It is interesting that he played along side Tommy T and Hastings in that u/18 rep side.

Cliff Lyons didn't really deliver until 1987 season. He was 26. Arguably for his whole career he missed more tackles than a 2018 NRL coach would cop. Trouble now days is no NRL coach will wait until a half or 5/8 is in their mid 20s. To expect teenagers to deliver is just insane.
Both Lockyer and Thurston were terrible defenders also but had coaches that covered them with defenders outside of them.
Lockyer missed a lot of tackles when he switched to 5/8 but he was a legend.

nyway, Trent plays things pretty close to his chest whilst giving the impression he is being open (a good thing I reckon) and it sounds like Croker is getting the inside running but Trent has spoken highly of Hastings in the past.

I'm happy that the pres-season is going well and shall leave it up to the Coach.
Pfft ridiculous! I am going to make the call, and it is...Hastings to start as 5/8.
(The pic a few days ago of Hastings with his shirt off settled the matter)
In fact I reckon Barrett knows this, he has just been trying to take pressure off him by not talking him up.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8