Kapow Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Taupau to me would be an unbelievable good signing. We really miss and need that aggressive forward that just does put the fear of god into opposing teams.

My biggest worry with our current roster (and in 2016 and beyond) is that Jake T has to become all things for the forwards, leader, aggressor etc etc. I'd really like to see Myles, Taupau, Lussick etc shoulder some of this burden and then I think we will see even more from Jake (which is a mouth watering prospect!!)

Pretty sure the new rules don't allow that to happen.If true manly could get a knock on the door from the integrity unit.mind you,they would know their ass from their face
I think the new rules actually work to our benefit in this situation as they just stopped the backflipping... So Kapow has a short cooling off period and then he can't pull out.

One the NRL realise the rule change has benefited us look for them to change again...

7pm 2ue news stated tapau is close to being at manly next year.Wow this is huge news.

Wow. Hope its true. You can see why Manly have been intent on moving a few players, they are chasing more marquee players for 2016 such as Tapau and Bird.

Really hope we can get these two players over here, will be a much stronger side.

This is too much excitement for a Manly off season.

There just seems quite a few things that have to fall in place for this to go ahead next season. Matty Ballin used as a swap? I thought Farah made it clear and so did the new CEO that he will be at Wests next season so Matty benefits Wests how? Also Taupau has 1 yr to run on his current deal so 2017 sounds like it's more to the point.

He is that aggressive player we need and has big potential if he can improve his consistancy so even if he arrives in 2017 it is something to look fwd to.

What was/is the supposed change to the backflip rule the NRL will call 'Cherry's Law' after last seasons debacle?

Last edited:
  • 😆
Reactions: Rex
It's a MASSIVE long shot. Why would the Tigers even think of letting him go. Makes no sense. They will fight tooth and nail to keep him. Let's wait until we hear something from the player's mouth before we assume he's interested in a) leaving Tigers, and b) coming to Manly.

It's usually of late us losing players or contact dramas at manly , it's a toxic club , "not happy I want out yarda yarda. It's about time we get some good news to all you manly haters . Manly won't go away . We will be back in 16 and you better be worried.

Do you think 2ue is just reading out the newspaper? Or do they have new info on a Sunday night? ;0)
The latter.
2UE and 2GB have a combined news team but they never break a story, just repeat what's in the newspapers. Radio news = newspapers for the blind.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
I want to know. When a player signs a contract with Manly, is it Parramatta who registers it with the NRL?
Only after they start playing badly and want more money than they are worth.

I have to say, I am enjoying us being in the wonderful position of taking players in these rumours instead of the party getting pillaged and torn apart and infighting and yada yada...

It's a MASSIVE long shot. Why would the Tigers even think of letting him go. Makes no sense. They will fight tooth and nail to keep him. Let's wait until we hear something from the player's mouth before we assume he's interested in a) leaving Tigers, and b) coming to Manly.
If he signs a contract for 2017 with Manly and it is registered by the NRL then he would be in breach of this contract if he tries to sign a new contract with the Tigers for 2017. That is why the NRL must sort out a trade window. It's rubbish for the player group and the fans that this stuff will continue to occur with no backflip rule in place to give the incumbent club's supporters hope.

Possibly this,

Farah released , another club or maybe ESL.

Ballin traded to Tigers, gives them an experienced hooker with a great club and work ethic

And if the Kapow to Manly from 2017 are correct then yes just like Choc with an early release to the Squeals, he will be in Maroon & White in 2016.

I can't think of any other reason for us unloading Gutho & JSL in the last week.

Tigers are massively over their Cap, worse than Parra.
Now that the NRL are administering them, their Fans have no sway at Board level to keep players.

If the rumours are true, then the backended contract for Taupau is the only reason why the Tigers would want him gone early.@:cool:

If he signs a contract for 2017 with Manly and it is registered by the NRL then he would be in breach of this contract if he tries to sign a new contract with the Tigers for 2017. That is why the NRL must sort out a trade window. It's rubbish for the player group and the fans that this stuff will continue to occur with no backflip rule in place to give the incumbent club's supporters hope.
From memory the new contract rules provide for a cooling off period of 10 days with the players current club given the final right to counteroffer.

That's my take on it.

From Buzz Rothfield's Monday Buzz

SHOOSH

We’re hearing Marty Taupau has actually signed a contract with the Manly Sea Eagles for 2017 and beyond but is desperately trying to get an immediate release for next year.
Reading Rothfield's column this morning in the DT it was a pleasant surprise to see him come out in support of Manly with the tweets he received.

I got two things out of this, one deep down he is a wanna be Manly supporter and after Cronulla's performance this season I can understand. Two, we are really hated even after a below par season but hey "everybody hates us and we don't care"

He had better change his style coming to Manly.

For example he better not touch the shoulder of a referee like he did in the test he'll find it a very different proposition now.

He had better remember the Manly loading by official-dumb. (Sorry about the spelling mistake.) @:)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8