Kapow Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Remi

Reserve Grader
SEA EAGLES SWOOP

Manly are on the verge of snaring explosive forward Marty Taupau from the Wests Tigers

Details: http://bit.ly/1FXuYkO

Phil RothfieldThe Sunday Telegraph

Biggest hits of 2015
external

He is one of a number of players unhappy about the treatment of club legend Robbie Farah.

There has also been speculation Taupau would attempt to do a Jarryd Hayne and try to make it in the NFL. But we’re told NRL is still his preferred option.

His departure will put further pressure on embattled coach Jason Taylor who will struggle to convince a player who doesn’t want to be there to stay.

There is talk of a swap deal between the Tigers and the Sea Eagles involving veteran hooker Matt Ballin. The 31-year-old hooker has two years left at Brookvale but has been granted permission to look elsewhere.

After missing the finals last year, the Sea Eagles are rated a $15 chance in the first betting market issued by the TAB for 2016.

The price would shorten to around $12 if Taupau signs. The Wests Tigers are a $34 chance.

This sounds all to similar to the 'Kane Elgey' script. (perhaps because it's Rothtool).

Marty Tapau's signature is a much bigger deal, but wouldn't be surprised if Tigers pull off a last minute pitch to convince him to stay - and us getting excited for nothing.

Hope I'm wrong, but will wait before I... :party:

This sounds all to similar to the 'Kane Elgey' script. (perhaps because it's Rothtool).

Marty Tapau's signature is a much bigger deal, but wouldn't be surprised if Tigers pull off a last minute pitch to convince him to stay - and us getting excited for nothing.

Yes

I hate when buzz does this but I'm believing this coz I want to!!!

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
But people said we were dumping players due to the cap?
Well i think where there is smoke there is fire, hopefully we announce a signing soon.

As I said, if we release other players, I wouldn't be too disappointed, because we have succession and contingency plans in place ;)

The Tigers can't pay him what he's worth now that Farrah is staying. That's the whole issue.

I haven't really been following the Tigers dilemma's, but so far I've heard:

a) Tapau is not happy with Farah's treatment and asking for a release.

b) a potential swap between Balln and Tapau (which would indicate Farah isn't staying or being dropped to reserves).

c) Farah is staying, therefore they can't keep Tapau due to cap pressures.

• 👍
To echo Bob's sentiments, I hope he improves if he is on the way.* OHe has always struck me as a Steve Matai wannabe, albeit in the forwards.

* And presumably he is, with ZtH plying the Daily Bellylaugh's Rothfield (eunuch to eunuch - you with me?) with the story.

Haven't we already had an "I want out because I don't like the way my mate's been treated" player?
Not the same I know. But beware, nonetheless.

• 👍
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4